Hacking ReActPSN Questions

twig123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't even touched my PS3 in about 6 months...
I currently have a Fat 80GB PS3 with kmeaw 3.55 installed.

I would really like to play the PSN Game - Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket-Powered Battle-Cars
Everything I can find says "NOTE: reActPSN is required to play this game."

I have no Idea what this is, what is needed to install it or how to use it.
Anyone be so kind as to point me in the right direction, or a tutorial or something?

Thanks!

twig123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've hit a brick wall!
Gone from getting one error to another message...

I got ReActPSN 2.20 installed finally, but I've never signed into PSN before.
What I'm reading is that if you've never used PSN on Kmeaw before, that ReActPSN wont work... is this true?

I've also read that it *should* would with Rebug CFW, do you know if Rebug actually works without needing PSN before?

(Also, if I switch to Rebug CFW will I lose all of my save games and such?)

Greatly appreciate the help.

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you switch to rebug you lose nothing.
I went from kmeaw to rebug with no issues at all.
Need any help just let me know by sending me a pm.

Cheers

twig123

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll probably switch over to rebug, as it looks like it gets updated more frequently.

However, the switch may have to wait as I'm having a strange power issue and I don't feel safe messing with the firmware until I have it fixed.
http://gbatemp.net/t...ower-off-issue/
I think I can get the new firmware installed by myself, but let me know if you have any input on my power problem.

Thanks so much for helping me :)

Edit: Apparently my copper shims were causing my power off issues.
Not sure why, but after taking them out my system plays games again... strange!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I don't know if it's useful or even related to reActPSN, but I've read the install information for Lara Croft PSN game, and it says "if you never connected to PSN, copy the provided file on your internal HDD, in the specified folder, etc."
So, maybe there's a way to fake an already connected account.

I don't know if it works only for Lara croft or not. I didn't try it.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does ReActPSN require a valid license file? I ask because I know I've downloaded and had a few items already from when I was able to get on my PSN account. Since then, I had a near-brick from a funky version of rebug's spoofer. I was able to recover, but in the process the PS3 forcibly reset my digital rights, which its official utility never, ever backs up. So now not only can I not play the DLC or games that I did get legit, but I can't play my brother's dl'd copy of TM2. :(

This is the first I've heard of it.... how exactly does it work? Just wondering if it would solve my problem, because it sucks not being able to get online with it, but would suck more to lose all that delishus homebrew you know.

akari212

Trophies
XP
Country
I also had this problem with my friend's PS3, some of the reACTPSN activations works but most of them are not. Maybe this is because that console needs to be logged on to PSN to make it fully work.

So far, with my old console, everything I tried that requires reACTPSN to work, just work flawlessly. No errors and such it works at the very first try, well yes, I used this console to PSN usually when PS3 Hacking is non-existent yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey