Reacting to your username IRL: Do you do it?

Do you react to your online username(s) IRL?

• Total voters

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
I've been curious about this since the beginning of summer: how immersed are we to the person/persona we are online? Does GBAtemp react to being called by their online username(s) IRL?

For myself, I didn't react to Ace until I got in touch with Tempers through Skype (read:iFish, Terminator02 and monkat). A few months passed, and then when one of my friends (a lurker on the Temp) called me out as Ace, I actually reacted to it.

So how does this work for you other Tempers? I'm curious to find out! :P

~Ace™

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
Nor does anyone in real life calls me a troll.
Urk. I tend to get this from people in my class at times: not because I'm cruel and mean towards others. Usually, it's because I sometimes kill time abusing their minds with what I can learn from trollscience. x)

DarkStriker

GBAtemp's Kpop lover!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
Hello Simon_003!
Use DarkStriker everywhere and all they call me is Dark, and koreaboo by a few :creep:
Not that i care as long as they make it obvious that they are talking to me.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I've been called some of my various aliases and pseudonyms before. It depends to how used to them I am, for example "Antoligy" I will probably always react to.

kakashi919

Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I always react to my gaming username (redman). Only because everyone already used to call me redman and decided to use that as a username xD

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never. When I signed up for my account here it asked for a username and that's just the first thing that came to mind. No one IRL knows me as Old8oy. And now that I think about it...no one here knows who Old8oy is either... :P

Pyrmon

Burnin' Monkey Love
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I frequently get called Pyrmon IRL by friends who are on the temp and/or on my minecraft server. And I have used the same username for years, so I do react to it.

weiff

Trophies
XP
Country
I do not think this would every really happen to / bother me. My Alias on here is the same as several other logins... (first initial last name). Other than that I keep my other persona to net only. If anyone called me by that in real life I would ask for proof that it was me first. ^_^

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
People usually call me by my actual name but when they refer to me as Ikki I do react.

My username used to be albatross(when I didn't know it was a bird and thought it sounded cool),I used to frequent a local forum under that alias so some people called me that, or variants of it and I did react too.

Right now only 2 girl friends of mine call me Ikki (the one who pinned the nickname on me and another friend), but I don't even talk to them anymore since I broke up with my ex(who used to call me Ikki every now and then too).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-