RE4 on Wii or PS2

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by JinTrigger, Mar 20, 2009.

Mar 20, 2009

RE4 on Wii or PS2 by JinTrigger at 7:19 AM (689 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    I know I'm probably asking a dumb question but should I get Resident Evil 4 on my Wii or PS2............The real reason I ask is cause of prices differences. The PS2, of course, is cheaper ($10) but is paying $10 more worth the extra Wii features. I'm asking because I want a good RE experience because I know it was a kick ass game and I'm starting to think RE is cool ad I want to get into. I got a copy of RE2 and started playing that a while back. So which should I get based on what I said above

2. Joey Ravn

Member Joey Ravn F*** you, Nintendo!

Spain
    IMO, the Wii version is better. It features GameCube graphics (best of the lot) and great controls. Take a look at this video and see it for yourself.

3. Maikel Steneker

Member Maikel Steneker M3 Fanboy

Netherlands
    RE4 is one of the best games ever, and the Wii version is definately superior.

If it's about content, you can go for either one. They have exactly the same levels and such.
    If you want the best graphics, the Wii version is the one you need. It runs on a better resolution and it based on the GameCube version which already had more detail than the PS2 version. It's not that big of a deal, but once you notice it you can't not notice it [​IMG]
    The controls on the Wii are better. It has the great Wiimote + Nunchuk controls, but even if you don't like those you can use the Classic Controller or the GameCube controller. The game was made for the GameCube, and it still plays the best on that controller.

I don't know how much money you usually have to spend, but I'd say go for the Wii version. I bought both the GameCube and the Wii version and it was worth the money. I played the PS2 version as well, and it felt not nearly as good. Again, you shouldn't notice if you play the PS2 version first. It's a really good port, and they did a lot of things really good considering the hardware of the PS2 and the fact that it was made for the GameCube.

4. JinTrigger
    OP

Member JinTrigger Asentrix Studios

United States
    Ok then Wii version it is. For the hell of it I will probably end up burning the PS2 versions

5. MG4M3R

Member MG4M3R GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    RE4Wii > RE4Cube > RE4PS2 > RE4PC > RE4Mobile.