Re: USB Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Tanmay, Jul 17, 2009.

Jul 17, 2009

Re: USB Ubuntu by Tanmay at 3:12 AM (644 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Tanmay
    OP

Banned Tanmay Banned

United States
    Well,
    I have an Acer Aspire One BIOS
    I tried UNetBootin and got no prompt to boot :L
    One more thing, does it matter if the device has it's removable bit flipped? If it does, I can temporarily unflip it. Reply pl0x [​IMG]

2. moose3

Member moose3 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    First, when replies are added to a post, they go to the top of the list in this thread, so a reply in the old post would bring it to the top, so no need to make a post to 'refresh' the topic [​IMG]

As to the removable bit flipping, not sure what you mean by that.

As to it not booting, I would think the BIOS would be setup to boot automatically from any usb drive, but you should check the BIOS, and make sure under boot options that the usb drive is set before the hard drive. Check your manual, there might also be a button you can press when the comp is first loading before it gets to windows to bring up a boot selection menu as a second option to make sure it selects the usb drive.

If that still does not work, try this program, it will ensure your usb drive is formatted and made bootable, then try the unetbootin.

If the drive was not made bootable first, the computer may ignore it and go straight to the hard drive.

Someone in the other thread also mentioned using the windows based installer for ubuntu, called wubi. That might be a better option if you are unable to get the liveUSB to work.

3. Tanmay
    OP

Banned Tanmay Banned

United States
    But I want it to make a different partition...

4. Tanmay
    OP

Banned Tanmay Banned

United States
    But I want it to make a different partition...

5. piratesmack

Member piratesmack GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Try pressing F12 at the BIOS and choose boot from USB (I did some googling, and it looks like that's how you boot from USB on the AA1)