Hacking Re-hacking my Wii

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
For like. . well, ever since this whole Wii hacking thing exploded with the Twilight Hack and all of that, I've been here from the start, even with my modchip installed. After all the cIOS's, and the anti-brick protections and the millions of things I've done to pretty much [censored] my wii wide open, it's been starting to fuck up hard. Lots of Code dump errors left and right, issues regarding reading the USB HDD, all this bullshit I'm pretty much actually fed up with. So now, I ask, is there anyway to go clean (well. . as clean as you can go without fucking shit up) and maybe sort of re-hack my Wii, hoping it'll fix all of these ridiculous issues?

Thanks in advance for any help.

alexcalibur

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
comex nand formatter is pretty overkill. it does what is says. basically formats it to the extreme. but you said as far as you can without breaking stuff. and that carries a high risk of breaking stuff. just follow one of the guides.

if your wii already has some of the stuff on it, some of the steps will be redundant. if you know what you're doing you can skip those. but otherwise the steps should all be safe to follow, even if they are redundant for your wii.

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
For like. . well, ever since this whole Wii hacking thing exploded with the Twilight Hack and all of that, I've been here from the start, even with my modchip installed. After all the cIOS's, and the anti-brick protections and the millions of things I've done to pretty much [censored] my wii wide open, it's been starting to fuck up hard. Lots of Code dump errors left and right, issues regarding reading the USB HDD, all this bullshit I'm pretty much actually fed up with. So now, I ask, is there anyway to go clean (well. . as clean as you can go without fucking shit up) and maybe sort of re-hack my Wii, hoping it'll fix all of these ridiculous issues?

Thanks in advance for any help.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used ModMii 'cause someone else brought their Wii over to get it modded (a friend of mine), and most of the files ModMii tried to download didn't work, so I wasn't sure if I should of modded the Wii with it because files were missing. . .

EDIT: Most of the files ModMii downloads it says "Failed to download multiple times; skipping download."

Is that really safe? Like, am I missing important files here?

Does ModMii generate some form of log so I can check what downloaded and what didn't. . . ?

EDIT 2: ModMii also freezes all the time.

sparhawk110

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sonknuck23 said:
I used ModMii 'cause someone else brought their Wii over to get it modded (a friend of mine), and most of the files ModMii tried to download didn't work, so I wasn't sure if I should of modded the Wii with it because files were missing. . .

EDIT: Most of the files ModMii downloads it says "Failed to download multiple times; skipping download."

Is that really safe? Like, am I missing important files here?

Does ModMii generate some form of log so I can check what downloaded and what didn't. . . ?

EDIT 2: ModMii also freezes all the time.

I see your posts in the ModMii thread so this may be redundant but for completeness I'll post it here. As I said, Nintendo just updated its files, the very files that ModMii uses for its custom guides. The updates have just broken the verification steps that ModMii does. I believe it would still be safe (read the post from XFlak on this), but again, I know XFlak is working on this like crazy and he will shake it out soon. This is not a big deal and I'm sure it will be "cleaned up". I'd just wait till he gives the OK and then go for it. The great thing about his App is that it is in constant update flux. At any point in time ModMii will give you the most updated and safest files and methods, that the scene has available. I remodded my personal wii, which was my first mod and my testbed, (it was in great need of a cleanup) and now its is perfect. But keep in mind that if your goal is to get the most up to date clean remod, then.... 1. No current guide will give you this unless they have addressed the latest update issue. 2. ModMii and its developer is the most active and accurate out there for what you are trying to do....you just happened to ask your question and have your need at a time when a new version of ModMii is just around the corner.

Any freezing issues are almost always related to your PC and/or your internet connection, and possibly the nintendo servers the files come from at the time you fire it off. IF you ever get a complete freeze of it, just get it closed down, and restart it. The interesting thing here is that these freezes you see, if you were using someone else's guide, the chances of a "dangerous" fail are much greater, since many of the other guides are a "online" active mod, (meaning they use the Wii's live net connection to pull some of the files). ModMii does all this stuff through your PC and then you mod the Wii "offline". This GREATLY reduces the chances of a major issue with a mod. If ModMii freezes for one of the reasons I've mentioned, all you've done is made yourself a bit more work to redownload the files, if it were to happen with one of the other guides you would be in trouble.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: im back