Hacking RCMReboot SX OS

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,
I was wondering if RCMReboot is compatible with SX OS? I would like to do away with the jig and put the right joycon back on.

thanks in advance.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I was to curious so I tried it with SXOS as well, but just a blackscreen for me. They probably will "borrow" the code and implement it in a release down the line.

Reactions: TheZander

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yes my thoughts as well. I looked for it as a new feature in their latest release but no luck, all focus on 7.0 support. I'll sit back and wait.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
@turnerl ey mate maybe just keep your switch in rcm mode, like enable that autorcm thing from tx menu, i have it set up that way on my switch and i always have my switch in sleep mode with zero issues.

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@turnerl ey mate maybe just keep your switch in rcm mode, like enable that autorcm thing from tx menu, i have it set up that way on my switch and i always have my switch in sleep mode with zero issues.

cheers leonmagnus99, the concept of RCMReboot is a better suited for my 10 year old in the event of a complete power drain. thanks for taking the time to reply

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
cheers leonmagnus99, the concept of RCMReboot is a better suited for my 10 year old in the event of a complete power drain. thanks for taking the time to reply
yeah i know what you mean! but i dont remember quite well , when my switch completely drained once, im not sure if i was forced to use my foil method to install rcm again.

so when the switch fully drains jig is required yes?

also i dont know what rcmreboot does, whats it for exactly ?

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah i know what you mean! but i dont remember quite well , when my switch completely drained once, im not sure if i was forced to use my foil method to install rcm again.

so when the switch fully drains jig is required yes?

also i dont know what rcmreboot does, whats it for exactly ?

My understanding of RCMReboot is after installing the app you run it and it reboots into rcm without having to use a jig.

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
good reading here https://gbatemp.net/threads/rcmreboot-for-atmosphere-0-8-1-reboots-your-switch-to-rcm.524989/page-4

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If the battery goes flat reboot to RCM won't help
Hi Milenko, sure however my understanding was as its not an autorcm, rather a once only reboot using the app from sysnand, you don't have to go through the pain of a complete drain in autorcm mode like this why not the end of the world, my my 10 year old wont understand.

Last edited by turnerl,

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If the battery goes 100% flat, your Switch will TURN OFF. then you need the jig again.

Thanks linuxares correct me if im wrong with rcmreboot it will simply turn on and boot into sysnand after being charged instead of a soft brick for lack of better word and having to muck around with that process in that youtube video?

Last edited by turnerl,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks linuxares correct me if im wrong with rcmreboot it will simply turn on and boot into sysnand after being charged instead of a soft brick for lack of better word and having to muck around with that process in that youtube video?
Well how it works, this is just an example:

You play with your Switch and you check Homebrew Store.
Oh a new version of Kosmos and it updates Hekate to version 7.3412 (just made up).
You download the update, but you must reboot your Switch for it to run the new payload.
Instead of rebooting the Switch with AutoRCM but pressing reboot, plugin your dongle and boot it, you run the homebrew file called "Reboot to RCM".

It will skip your Dongle and load a payload in a special folder in this example it's the new Hekate payload.
Then you boot your Switch via Hekate as normal and of you go to the races. A newly updated Payload without needing the help of booting it with a Dongle.

Plus if your Switch crashes to a Atmosphere screen, it can also boot your special payload instead of the standard AutoRCM.

Reactions: turnerl

turnerl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well how it works, this is just an example:

You play with your Switch and you check Homebrew Store.
Oh a new version of Kosmos and it updates Hekate to version 7.3412 (just made up).
You download the update, but you must reboot your Switch for it to run the new payload.
Instead of rebooting the Switch with AutoRCM but pressing reboot, plugin your dongle and boot it, you run the homebrew file called "Reboot to RCM".

It will skip your Dongle and load a payload in a special folder in this example it's the new Hekate payload.
Then you boot your Switch via Hekate as normal and of you go to the races. A newly updated Payload without needing the help of booting it with a Dongle.

Plus if your Switch crashes to a Atmosphere screen, it can also boot your special payload instead of the standard AutoRCM.

Thanks for the explanation linuxares much appreciated!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    eeewww
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I thought it was the toilet
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    okies. Time to go watch YT paranormal ghost things. L8er my luvs :D
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a massive clue
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    this mf def ain't watching ghost shit, he boutta beat his meat fr
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah he's about to be the ghost in your bedroom
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:

this is him being described
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sigh
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I dislike the kind of drm where you have to play single player games online all the time bc of some verification bs
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Don't use games that have Easy Anti-Cheat as its been exploited many times.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, my PC can't run most AAA games so i wont
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Most of the modern AAA games
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I also heard one of the Prince of Persia games was so unfinished that it required the "24/7 online" drm so a puzzle could be done and the game could be finished. And that when the Ubisoft servers were closed the (cracked) game was impossible to finish or something like that
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, That's extra scummy. Ubisoft nowadays ship out incomplete games like Skull and Bones which was being worked on for nearly a decade now.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, i think they have been doing that since late 2000s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Either that or their old games were unfinished aswell but we can't notice it
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I like that games can be fixed after the fact, hate that it's being abused via beta tests... And DLC... I was a 7800 owner back in the day and loved Impossible Mission, turns out I couldn't beat it because it was actually impossible lol
    I never knew about it at the time but a fixed version was available but you had to mail in your broken copy lol
    So that version is semi rare
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, I have a rom of the ds version of impossible mission