Hacking RB2 204704

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A couple of weeks ago I bought some Wii points, so I can buy DLC for RB2 (original copy). I'm able to purchase the songs, but I'm unable to download them. I keep getting a 204704 error. Does anyone know of a solution that could help me? I'm in desperate need of Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville among other songs!
smile.gif

I've installed ios51, shop channel, ios37 @ 247, ios36 @ 249, gamma loader, softchipR84 and 3.2U. I'm able to play RB2 without any problem; I'm just not able to DL songs.

Thanks in advance for your help!

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your quick response ether2802. This morning I changed my wireless channel from 6 to 11 and it's still not working. Also, my Wii is within 10feet from my access point. So distance is most likely not my problem.

Any other suggestions that I might be able to try?

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I'm afraid that they would want me to update my Wii to the latest and not so greatest firmware. Then I will loose my homebrew and ability to play backups. That's the main reason that I don't want to call them. I was really hoping the issue was an easy ios patch missing or something similar.
frown.gif

Valgreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you download anything else, such as the "everyone votes" channel (its free, so its a good test)?

probably will have to call ninty...

thecyanaura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play RB2 in my garage, which is probably 50ft from my router. I tried to download a song last night and received this error - the screen froze up as it was "purchasing" the song. After trying it a couple of times and receiving an error message, both in RB2 MS and wiiShop Channel, I took the console inside to be right next to the router.

I went to the music store and lo and behold, the track was purchased. I chose "download again" and everything was fine. I went to purchase another song and surprisingly, it didn't charge my account for the song I tried to d/l outside.

I have no clue if they'll catch it today, but I felt like I won a VERY SMALL lottery.
yay.gif

dtw_2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the exact same problem. I tried to dl a song every day for about a week. ... I ran RB2 under gamma ... under the RockBandLauncher with all those modified ioses... I installed all the things you've mentioned ... I ended up installing the actual ios37 wad by itself ... ran the game through the disk channel and it worked fine for me. Since then, I've been able to purchase songs launching under gamma ... under rockbandLauncher with the patched ios's ... weird ... but I assume, at least in my case, you have to download the 1st song running the actual ios that RB2 is suppose to run under.

There may be some drawbacks to installing that ios ??, but I didn't care, as all I really play is RB.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Had the same problem, just wait, it may download fine soon. I managed to download like 5 dlcs and then got tired of all the errors and disconnections :/

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valgreen,
I was able to download and install the "everyone votes" channel!
smile.gif
Thanks for the trouble shooting tip!

dtw_2005,
I guess I should just google for "ios37 wad"? And, install it via the wad manager?

zapu,
What did you do to resolve this issue?

Thanks for all your help! Sounds like I'm making progress!

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh wait, I skipped over where you said it's an original copy. Just run it from the disc channel. If you've got disc updates blocked with starfall or preloader turn it off and let the disc update, if it asks to.

Have you ever changed the region on your wii?
Is it currently set to US at the moment?
Have you ever purchased any other titles from the wii shop?

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj,

Yes, I do have starfall installed and it's blocking updates. If I run the update from disc, will that bump me to 3.3u? If so, starfall won't work right? Would you happen to know of any problems that I might run into?

"Have you ever changed the region on your wii?"
No, I haven't.

"Is it currently set to US at the moment?"
Yes, it is set to US.

"Have you ever purchased any other titles from the wii shop?"
I was able to download and install the "everyone votes" channel from the Shop Channel.

Thanks for your help!

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After more reading, I'm thinking about doing this:

Using WiiPower's Multi-cIOS-Installer 0.31 to install cIOS37 dip7 as IOS37.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
XaViaR said:
Yes, I do have starfall installed and it's blocking updates. If I run the update from disc, will that bump me to 3.3u? If so, starfall won't work right? Would you happen to know of any problems that I might run into?
No it won't bump you to 3.3. It will install IOS37 if you don't have it already, ensuring the game can be run from the disc channel.

zapu

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
XaViaR said:
What did you do to resolve this issue?

Um, nothing. It just worked for one time and did not for another. Just kept trying, sometimes it disconnected and I could continue downloading, sometimes it just downloaded the whole song in less then minute.

BTW changing routers didn't help so don't borrow it from a friend/buy another.

XaViaR

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasting away again in Margaritaville,
Searching for my lost shaker of salt...

As you can tell, I'm playing Margaritaville! Thank you to all that helped me! I really appreciate it!

For those of you who are running into the same situation, I ended up using WiiPower's Multi-cIOS-Installer 0.31 to install cIOS37 dip7 as IOS37. Then I was able to play RB2 via the disk channel which enabled me to DL songs via the Rock Band store!

To sum it up, I needed to install IOS37, and you can do this a handful of different ways.
1. multi cios installer
2. RB2 disk update
3. ios37 wad

One last thank you to all that helped me!
smile.gif

dtw_2005

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear you got it fixed.

I'm just curious, when you dl your next song ... boot through the rockbandLauncher with a different ios ... one of the patched ones or something. and see if it will let you download anything.

I had to install ios37 in order to dl a song, but as i mentioned in my other post, it seems that it doesn't matter what i use now. If yours works like mine did, I suppose that suggests there is some special relation between downloading the 1st song and booting with ios37.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr