rb1 guitar includes usb transmitter?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hardware, Devices and Utilities' started by ziddey, Oct 22, 2009.

Oct 22, 2009
  1. ziddey
    OP

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    One of my local fry's has some wii rb1 guitars on clearance for $18. Based on reviews, it looks like the rb2 is more refined, but nonetheless, the rb1 guitar would be an upgrade to the new les pauls I have, and for $18, it'd still be a great deal.

But the les paul controllers use a wiimote. Do the rb1 guitars sync via bluetooth? Or is there a usb dongle? If so, would it only come with the complete game package? Or would the solo guitar come with one too?

2. RiderLeangle

Member RiderLeangle GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Pretty common knowledge by now it uses a USB thing
    [​IMG]

You can't use it with Guitar Hero 3, World Tour or the two band licenced ones (I don't know about Smash Hits or 5)
    you can't use the Guitar Hero 3 or Would Tour guitars on Rock Band 1 but I think you can for Rock Band 2 but I'm not 100% sure (Don't have RB2)

3. ziddey
    OP

Member ziddey GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    ok that's what I thought. so does the standalone guitar come with the usb dongle? it'd save me a 40 mile trip.

i'm pretty sure rb1 instruments all work with gh5. the store has 2 left, so i'd go if it does have the usb dongle.