RB guitar in GH: WT

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by eric_4_life, Dec 5, 2008.

Dec 5, 2008

RB guitar in GH: WT by eric_4_life at 12:22 AM (873 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. eric_4_life
    OP

Member eric_4_life GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Is it possible to hack the game a bit to enable support for the RB guitar? I'm asking, because the DS guitar hero was hacked to enable d-pad support and I don't feel like buying a third guitar just to play 2 player Guitar Hero

2. Jizmo

Member Jizmo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Dont count on that happening. However I do have a nice bit of information that I haven't noticed elsewhere....

I just finished my grab of ACDC Rock Band track pack NTSC (Wal Mart Edition or something like that) and I booted it
    up to play it. The last thing I was playing was Guitar Hero World Tour so the controller was still plugged into the guitar.
    When I got to the menus I was suprised that the Fret Buttons and Strum bar was letting me setup Rock Band. I went
    all the way through calibration and started and song and the guitar works perfect. So the ACDC Rock Band Track Pack
    supports the Guitar Hero guitars. Don't know if it supports the Guitar Hero drums or not since I don't have them. Probably
    the same instrument drivers that they're using for Rock Band 2. BTW... the Whammy Bar worked fine but the Neck Slider
    of the World Tour guitar didn't work.

3. becker2384

Member becker2384 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I think I read somewhere that the GH3 Les Paul controller would be compatible with upcomming RB releases.

4. eric_4_life
    OP

Canada
    But I have Guitar Hero World Tour, which I bought, so I was hoping for a hack. Although I probably will buy RB2, since its essentially what RB1 should have been

5. repoman

Newcomer repoman Newbie

United States
    I just tried my new backup copy of RB with ACDC ttack pack. Not only was it working with guitar but it was working with GH guitar!!

6. repoman

Newcomer repoman Newbie

United States
    Just as an update to my previous post, the GH guitar is working in RB track pack with ACDC but I have not been able to get the GH/WT drum to work. I guess they only made the guitar compatable??? Makes no sence to me. [​IMG]

7. Knarf

Member Knarf GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I might just have to get this. ACDC rules! And I have a GH Guitar and RB.

8. eric_4_life
    OP

Canada
    The GH guitar uses the same number of fret buttons as the RB one, where as the RB drum have 4 pads and the GH drums have 5 and the note chart would have to be changed