Hacking Ray's Mario Kart 8 Course Modding Tutorials

ChaofanJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright :)
But, how exactly can i start Caffiine on the Wii U? There is no app for the Homebrew Channel.

Go to your Wii U Browser and enter the URL: "loadiine.ovh". Then tap on the drop down menu and select "Cafiine + Kernel (5.5.0 - 5.5.1)". Then follow the on-screen instructions from there.

This method only works for... well... Firmware version 5.5.0 - 5.5.1.

Last edited by ChaofanJ,

Louis Miles

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
YES, It works!! Thanks :D

Attachments

• WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg
    WiiU_screenshot_TV_010ED.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 330

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I added parameter usage information for every Obj type into the info dump and also into the MK8Muunt Blender add-on. It now no longer displays parameters unused by specific objects. Of course I didn't find out what the used parameters are for exactly for each object, maybe someone can give me some notes.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I also just added a new tab to the information dump, listing detailed information about all the music files of the game, including which channel of the songs is used for what. Surely helpful in case you wanna create custom multichannel BFSTMs.

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But could I just copy one of the .byaml over the other? Or would that change things like thwomps? And where the finish is.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No. Please read the tutorial first before asking questions or ask about what is unclear in the tutorial.

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh! It is the .bgenv file! I did lots of custom stages. But when I change the VRcloud folder (for instance) the game in loadiine (Mac user) crashes. But that was with tracks on Mk8 tockdom.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
The BGENV only controls lighting and environmental effects. It does not control the skydome. The skydome is one of those VR* objects as defined and placed in the BYAML file.

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh... Darn I can't do this. On mac I can't use an exe converter to turn the file into .xml. I have to get VmWare.

Ray Koopa

Obviously a Koopaling
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
If you have an MK8 dump you can also try importing the course and the BYAML file to edit them visually, though that's a completely different topic.
Maybe I should write a "new" YamlConv based on my library so it also supports SMM 3DS files and runs on macOS or Linux.

MK8Haxer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"Maybe I should write a "new" YamlConv based on my library so it also supports SMM 3DS files and runs on macOS or Linux."

That would be awesome!

"If you have an MK8 dump you can also try importing the course and the BYAML file to edit them visually, though that's a completely different topic."

That is probably beyond my capability, if you could make a guide for doing this I don't think you would need a YamlConv for mac and linux.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lulz @Veho