Hacking RawkSD

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RawkSD upside down? Hmm...that's a new one.

Perhaps...if you install darkcorp on your wii and then force the HBC to update will fix things. That'll turn the HBC upside down, so if you then start the upside down rawkSD...eeeeeyyyyy!
yaywii.gif

D

Deleted User

fubka said:
Isn't the upside down caused by a CIOS issue?
I'm not sure how this could be. I was running the last beta4 version (the first public beta, I believe) and had no issues with this. Started with the April 1 "beta" release that I was gullible enough to fall for (that's what you get when betas are few and far, I suppose), so I went back to the last beta that tuieji released, the one with support for Xbox 360 drums as he stated. Still upside down, although the date on the program is still April 1. I just wanted to get Rawk back to a usable state since I had read the beta4 release was timed out, but no joy so far.

QUOTE(Wever @ Apr 19 2011, 01:01 PM) RawkSD upside down? Hmm...that's a new one.

Perhaps...if you install darkcorp on your wii and then force the HBC to update will fix things. That'll turn the HBC upside down, so if you then start the upside down rawkSD...eeeeeyyyyy!
yaywii.gif
Great idea! That would make you... right side up!

Garfunkiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bananaslug79 said:
fubka said:
Isn't the upside down caused by a CIOS issue?
I'm not sure how this could be. I was running the last beta4 version (the first public beta, I believe) and had no issues with this. Started with the April 1 "beta" release that I was gullible enough to fall for (that's what you get when betas are few and far, I suppose), so I went back to the last beta that tuieji released, the one with support for Xbox 360 drums as he stated. Still upside down, although the date on the program is still April 1. I just wanted to get Rawk back to a usable state since I had read the beta4 release was timed out, but no joy so far.

QUOTE(Wever @ Apr 19 2011, 01:01 PM) RawkSD upside down? Hmm...that's a new one.

yaywii.gif
Great idea! That would make you... right side up!

If you got the Xbox one by redownloading it instead of from your hard drive, keep in mind that the same link was used -- i.e. that beta was overwritten on the server with the April 1st beta. I still have it, so I uploaded it to MediaFire: ---

If you didn't redownload, then that means the old beta had that cruel joke handy feature also, so you'll have to set your clock back to avoid it (though you'll have to set your clock back with the Xbox one anyway - it was time limited).

D

Deleted User

Garfunkiel said:
If you got the Xbox one by redownloading it instead of from your hard drive, keep in mind that the same link was used -- i.e. that beta was overwritten on the server with the April 1st beta. I still have it, so I uploaded it to MediaFire: ---

If you didn't redownload, then that means the old beta had that cruel joke handy feature also, so you'll have to set your clock back to avoid it (though you'll have to set your clock back with the Xbox one anyway - it was time limited).
Thanks, that makes sense and is likely what happened. Ah well, guess I'll just wait for a new beta! (Or a release...?)

F. Lobot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering why your IRC channel auto-kicks Mibbit users. It seems strange after you specifically suggest we join you on Mibbit in the OP.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been awhile since I've opened rawksd.
I had the xbox one that was released around the middle of march, and it said it was expired.
Downloaded the Upside down one. (I'll be keeping this for fun drunkin nights)
Is there one that works but isn't upside or for that matter just the way it should be?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, doctor Nick!

Sorry, but as you have probably guessed: there is no Estimated Time or Arrival. If there was a public beta or a final release, this thread would've become active again. It hasn't.

I can make a few speculations, if you like, but I doubt it'll speed anything up. If you're determined to find out, check their IRC channel.

themanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a working forwarder channel for RawkSD?

I seem to recall there were difficulties making one work with the most recent beta, but I've been away from the scene for a while and I'm wondering if something has cropped up.

Thanks.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried the setting the date back (11-06-2010) and it keeps on telling me that it is outdated.
How do I get this to work?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The date expiration thing was intentional. IIRC, something to motivate the makers to at least keep working on updates of the beta.
Though it probably also helps to prevent test users from submitting bugs from outdated versions.

There haven't been any more public betas or releases. Frankly, considering the open beta works pretty much flawlessly with the right date, I don't see why. But the fact is, that to play it, you must set your wii to the beginning of this year.

jlv2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess you didn't get the reference. If you ever forget to set your clock back before running the beta, you would recognize what the quote is derived from.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I was adding some stuff to my gdevelop project and I couldnt save it cuz there was a power outage and thus no internet
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ have you played super smash flash 2?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Not really.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, ok sorry
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh, no need to apologize. Thanks for asking.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    You ever played Super Mario Crossover Flash?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different Nintendo characters to play as.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its one of the best Mario games in Flash, where you can choose from a number of different...