Finnulf

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
The songs Seven (by Vagiant) and Seven (by Sunny Day Real Estate), from Rock Band (1) and Guitar Hero 5 respectively are not the same song, despite having the same title. FWIW.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finnulf said:
The songs Seven (by Vagiant) and Seven (by Sunny Day Real Estate), from Rock Band (1) and Guitar Hero 5 respectively are not the same song, despite having the same title. FWIW.

Thank you for the correction, I've updated my previous post accordingly. I didn't rule such a thing out as impossible, but i didn't figure there'd be two songs with the same name but different artist.
blink.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Hello all, I've been following this topic since probably more than 100 pages ago. I'm here now because in prep of RawkSD/USB 3.0 I went ahead and made myself a list er lists. I've gone ahead and figured out some stuff. I figured out which songs from the original non-full band GH games (1, 2, 80's, 3, Aerosmith) also appear in the later full band GH games (WT, Metallica, SH, 5, VH, Band Hero). I've figured out which songs from the non-full band GH games also appear in the rock band series of games. Lastly I figured out which songs from the full band GH games also appears in the rock band series of games.

Now what I am going to list is all of these songs I have found. Forgive me now if this knowledge is already known, otherwise, developers, feel free to add this info to the RawkSD main wiki and/or change/correct it.

Now for completeness sake I also know which songs from ALL of the GH games also are available as DLC for the rock band series of games but since the developers will not support pirated DLC I will refrain from listing of all of these songs as most people will not be interested.

Here are the lists:

*snip*

Spoiler tags, man!

But yeah, nice list. I tried compiling this once upon a time and just got bored and gave up...
tongue.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
qwertymodo said:
DaFees said:
Hello all, I've been following this topic since probably more than 100 pages ago. I'm here now because in prep of RawkSD/USB 3.0 I went ahead and made myself a list er lists. I've gone ahead and figured out some stuff. I figured out which songs from the original non-full band GH games (1, 2, 80's, 3, Aerosmith) also appear in the later full band GH games (WT, Metallica, SH, 5, VH, Band Hero). I've figured out which songs from the non-full band GH games also appear in the rock band series of games. Lastly I figured out which songs from the full band GH games also appears in the rock band series of games.

Now what I am going to list is all of these songs I have found. Forgive me now if this knowledge is already known, otherwise, developers, feel free to add this info to the RawkSD main wiki and/or change/correct it.

Now for completeness sake I also know which songs from ALL of the GH games also are available as DLC for the rock band series of games but since the developers will not support pirated DLC I will refrain from listing of all of these songs as most people will not be interested.

Here are the lists:

*snip*

Spoiler tags, man!

But yeah, nice list. I tried compiling this once upon a time and just got bored and gave up...
tongue.gif

Good point. It was late er early,
sleep.gif
, and I wasn't thinking, but I've edited my post accordingly.

grrkodiak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When i unlock all songs in RB2 I cannot play online. is there a way to import these unlock songs so i have access to them and i can still play online

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DaFees said:
Thanks for this. Maybe you could post the complete list, including DLC, over in this other thread http://gbatemp.net/t244647-rawksd-customs-working-on-uloader where I'm sure a few people would be interested, including myself. The spreadsheet would be really nice, and we can add customs to it as well.
smile.gif

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skizzo said:
DaFees said:
Thanks for this. Maybe you could post the complete list, including DLC, over in this other thread http://gbatemp.net/t244647-rawksd-customs-working-on-uloader where I'm sure a few people would be interested, including myself. The spreadsheet would be really nice, and we can add customs to it as well.
smile.gif

Well I am doing a little more work on the spreadsheet and when I finish what I am doing I may consider posting it all in the thread you mentioned. I currently only compare the names of the songs against each other, but I'm trying to up date the spreadsheet to include the artist and it is proving harder than I thought.

flippinphil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys sorry for the newb question. I have rockband 2 for wii legit copy. I have a legit copy of rockband for ps2. Can you cross platform rip? Meaning can I import the rockband 1 songs from the ps2 disc and install them as customs for my wii?

Thanks for the help.

angruss

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just thought I'd put it out that even if you DO manage to make Beatles songs import, for some reason they make artist sorting crash, limiting you to song alphabetical and difficulty.

DaFees

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, after a little bit more work I have improved my spreadsheet and well I am now prepared to share it with the world. I only hope that through sharing this, no body tries to steal my work and call it their own.

As for the spreadsheet itself, you can ignore the data in sheet 1. The data in sheet 4 is where I do the formulas and such and sheet 3 is the one you want as it should hopefully outline everything in a very clear manner.

The legend of what the colors mean is on the far right. The underlined game is the game that the songs come from that you should import them from. The name of the game beside each song is the game that you shouldn't import the song from.

This spreadsheet does include all the DLC as well. Enough talk though, here is the spreadsheet.

http://www.mediafire.com/?oagc3skm2cyxyax

Any questions? Don't hesitate to ask.

Oh and if anyone does steal this and credit themselves with the work, I will instantly remove the spreadsheet.

EDIT - I noticed a few errors in the spreadsheet but those have been corrected and I've uploaded the new spreadsheet.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm not trying to rain on your parade at all, but have you looked at the RawkSD3 PC app? It lets you sort the list of songs by name, band, and a few other properties so you can see any duplicates pretty easy before adding them to the importing queue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BigOnYa, burp +1