Hacking RawkSD

francescnogales

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Yes to everything except that cios rubbish.
What it's the problem with my cios?
I can play RB2 usb with cios222, cios223 and cios249 because all suport ios37 base.

Can you recomended another solution? Thanks

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rawk v3 only uses IOS37, so all of your cIOSes will do you no good. Rawk v3 requires an actual retail disc. There is no work-around for this and it will not be changed.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
francescnogales said:
tueidj said:
Yes to everything except that cios rubbish.
What it's the problem with my cios?
I can play RB2 usb with cios222, cios223 and cios249 because all suport ios37 base.

Can you recomended another solution? Thanks

Uh... because you don't need that cIOS because you'll be running from a legitimate disc, right?

EDIT: Damn you Uni ninjas.
tongue.gif

qwertymodo

Trophies
Website
qwertymodo.com
XP
Country
United States

vegemikee

Trophies
XP
Country
Szalkow said:
Rawk v3 only uses IOS37, so all of your cIOSes will do you no good. Rawk v3 requires an actual retail disc. There is no work-around for this and it will not be changed.

This might've been asked a billion times, but do backup copies work via modchips (I'm only asking this because majority of people refer to backup loading as launching via NeoGamma, USB Loading, etc etc)? I'm living in Australia and it looks like Harmonix has abandoned us, and haven't released Rock Band 2 here. I don't have any access to buying online YET, but I can't guarantee if I'll be able to get my hands on a copy in time for Rawk v3's release.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
vegemikee said:
This might've been asked a billion times, but do backup copies work via modchips (I'm only asking this because majority of people refer to backup loading as launching via NeoGamma, USB Loading, etc etc)? I'm living in Australia and it looks like Harmonix has abandoned us, and haven't released Rock Band 2 here. I don't have any access to buying online YET, but I can't guarantee if I'll be able to get my hands on a copy in time for Rawk v3's release.
Due to modchips behaving unpredictably I can't say if it will work or not. Rawk3's public release is at least 3 weeks away, ebay has copies from the UK for around $30 that will work on AU wiis and most of them arrive in less than a week.

Choflux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any improvements in RawkSD3 regarding sound quality for the already importable games (GH4, 5, :SH, Metallica, RB1)?

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
probably a stupid question; when was the rawksd beta signups? and where were people supposed to signup...? or was it a "friends and family beta" sorta thing?

also the "GTFO" message was quite funny
tongue.gif

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It was some weeks ago. It was mentioned in this thread as well, IIRC you could subscribe by sending a pm to one of the devs (tuedj?). From what I recall, it was open to anyone who could get riivolution to work and was from a NTSC region.

...speaking of which (@developpers) : are there going to be tests for the PAL/NTSC-J regions as well?
smile.gif

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Wever said:
It was some weeks ago. It was mentioned in this thread as well, IIRC you could subscribe by sending a pm to one of the devs (tuedj?). From what I recall, it was open to anyone who could get riivolution to work and was from a NTSC region.

...speaking of which (@developpers) : are there going to be tests for the PAL/NTSC-J regions as well?
smile.gif
The post announcing the leaderboard test was here. It was not announced at the time that the beta would be limited to the people who tested it because we didn't want a very large group.

We have PAL testers, there is no japanese version of the game so no NTSC-J.

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
ah, thanks for the details.
i just dont really check up on this anymore cos it was mostly full of "whens rawk v27 coming out?"... very annoying. sad to hear i missed it, but happy to hear it will be here very soon (if i read correctly)

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
Wever said:

smile.gif
The post announcing the leaderboard test was here. It was not announced at the time that the beta would be limited to the people who tested it because we didn't want a very large group.

So can I (we) still test out this leader board thing? I have Riivolution but I have not found a reason to use it for anything as of yet.
Thanks in advance.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Binxy said:
tueidj said:
Wever said:

smile.gif

So can I (we) still test out this leader board thing? I have Riivolution but I have not found a reason to use it for anything as of yet.
Thanks in advance.

You can, but you will not be permitted access to the beta.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tueidj said:
Wever said:

smile.gif

Okay...thanks for the clarification.
smile.gif

QUOTE(overlord00 @ Aug 6 2010, 03:53 PM)
sad to hear i missed it, but happy to hear it will be here very soon (if i read correctly)
Ehm...sorry, but "at least 3 weeks away" (tuedj's earlier post) doesn't indicate a release very soon. Just that it's being worked on.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
Binxy said:
tueidj said:
Wever said:

smile.gif

Thanks in advance.

You can, but you will not be permitted access to the beta.

Alright, cool. Think I'll give it a shoot.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
Actually, the old Leaderboard beta no longer works; the server will reject any scores sent by it. You can still try it to see the pretty little popups though.
Great. Now I have to get my drink on to enjoy the effects of the pretty little popups.
tongue.gif

Keep up the great work.

Edit: I have GH3, GHWT, GH5, BH (Don't know if this is on the list) GH:M, Lego, Beatles, GreenDay, Rock Band, ACDC, and Metal track pack.
About how much room will this all take on a USB hard drive?

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Binxy said:
Edit: I have GH3, GHWT, GH5, BH (Don't know if this is on the list) GH:M, Lego, Beatles, GreenDay, Rock Band, ACDC, and Metal track pack.
About how much room will this all take on a USB hard drive?
the beatles, at least, will take up a lot less space than you think.

Binxy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is lets say 15 gigs enough for this? Just wondering if I should reformat my hard drive to have a bigger partition. I have a 500 gb usb hdd with 30 gigs in FAT and the rest in WFBS format.
Was thinking about getting a 1.5 tb.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJewzRHdH8c