SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It's cool. It's just that these questions get asked very frequently and your post made you sem nearly negligent. The answer will always be the same, nevertheless- no USB Loader support. It's up to Waninkoko for that- and I doubt we'll be seeing much of him anymore.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wait...but i dont get it. how are the other people getting rawkSD to work with customs? ive seen many youtube vids with customs being used on RB2...
huh.gif

was that because before v2.02, that everything was working fine?

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiimanizer said:
wait...but i dont get it. how are the other people getting rawkSD to work with customs? ive seen many youtube vids with customs being used on RB2...
huh.gif

In the first post: "NOTE: RawkSD does not work when Rock Band 2 is loaded with recent cIOS releases, which means no USB/SD loaders. Use an original disc."

So there's your fix: go buy the damn game instead of saying our program has bugs.

wiimanizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tueidj said:
wiimanizer said:
huh.gif

In the first post: "NOTE: RawkSD does not work when Rock Band 2 is loaded with recent cIOS releases, which means no USB/SD loaders. Use an original disc."

So there's your fix: go buy the damn game instead of saying our program has bugs.
that's the reason, i already have the game. only thing is that i cant use my instruments to play with RB1, therefore i want to be able to play RB1 songs on RB2!
...and no, i dont plan on switching to a 360 nor a ps3 anytime soon

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimanizer said:
that...still...wont solve anything really though...
unsure.gif

im using ghwt instruments. im not spending $$ to get another set
yes, it will solve your problem...it's pretty much the opposite of what you said you are doing though:

you @ earlierwell, basically...i think what i did was almost what everyone else tried to do...obtain customs from RB1 wii through rawkSD, installing it to the sd card, putting rawksd installer/patcher into the /apps section of the sd, install the patcher, loading rawksd to install the customs, launch RB2 with backup launcher gamma/gamma backup launcher[either one one those], bam! msg: customs/DLC are "out of date"

when you run rb2 via a launcher as opposed to the disc channel, you will receive the 'out of date' messages....so, in a word, stopdoingthat.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wiimanizer said:
that...still...wont solve anything really though...
unsure.gif

im using ghwt instruments. im not spending $$ to get another set
W. T. F.
How does starting RB2 via the system menu prevent you from using GHWT instruments?
Do you really have an original copy of RB2 or are you just making up bullshit?

benjes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same problem when I tried to play solo. I stopped playing solo even thought there only one player and that did the trick

tornadolphin

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
wiimanizer said:
huh.gif

If I buy the original disc, I will still have the problem of the RawkSD patcher not running on my Wii because I am using cIOS. Is there therefore no way I can get RawkSD to run on my Wii as I am using cIOS's even if I do get an original disc? Or is there a method I can use that will allow it to work?

gius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OncleJulien said:
when you run rb2 via a launcher as opposed to the disc channel, you will receive the 'out of date' messages....so, in a word, stopdoingthat.

You can use RawkSD imported songs through USB loader with this application: http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker.
The only problem is that when you play an imported song, it gets copied to the Wii memory but after playing, it is not deleted. So after playing several songs, you get a "Wii memory full" error message. So, you have to go to Wii menu and delete the RB2 save files with DLC. Afer that, you can continue playing imported DLCs from RB2. (Sometimes main RB2 save gets also deleted during this procedure, so it is a good idea to backup it using RawkSD).

CDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just trying to import GH2 and on several songs the installer just crashes and doesn't process them. The songs that create the crash (So far) are:

Bad Reputation gh2r1badreputation
Beast And the Harlot gh2r1beastandtheharlot
Carry Me Home gh2r1carrymehome
Carry On Wayward Son gh2r1carryonwayward
Crazy on You gh2r1crazyonyou

Hangar 18 gh2r1hangar18

Is this a known issue? or have I got a bad iso, being dumb etc... I'm using v2.02 (Which I presume is the most current version) any help would be gratefully received.

CDZ

EDIT: Other songs found.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This is why I call it cIOSCRAP - because (among other things) it breaks homebrew that works on an otherwise unmodified wii. Solution is to uninstall it.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
CDZ said:
Just trying to import GH2 and on several songs the installer just crashes and doesn't process them. The songs that create the crash (So far) are:

Is this a known issue? or have I got a bad iso, being dumb etc... I'm using v2.02 (Which I presume is the most current version) any help would be gratefully received.

CDZ
An actual legit problem! Yes, this is a known issue. There was a newer version of rawkaudio.dll that we posted in the IRC channel, but unfortunately it's slipped down the back of the internet couch somewhere and no-one can find it. When I get time to make a new copy I'll let you know.

CDZ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
CDZ said:

CDZ
An actual legit problem! Yes, this is a known issue. There was a newer version of rawkaudio.dll that we posted in the IRC channel, but unfortunately it's slipped down the back of the internet couch somewhere and no-one can find it. When I get time to make a new copy I'll let you know.

Thanks bud you're a star.

CDZ

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gius said:
You can use RawkSD imported songs through USB loader with this application: http://sites.google.com/site/parannoyedwii...packer-unpacker.
The only problem is that when you play an imported song, it gets copied to the Wii memory but after playing, it is not deleted. So after playing several songs, you get a "Wii memory full" error message. So, you have to go to Wii menu and delete the RB2 save files with DLC. Afer that, you can continue playing imported DLCs from RB2. (Sometimes main RB2 save gets also deleted during this procedure, so it is a good idea to backup it using RawkSD).

That's what I've been doing, it hasn't been a problem yet (especially since I have like nothing on my NAND. I'm still looking forward to RawkLoader though so I don't have to clean my nand after every session and with RB Green Day on the horizon now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...