OP
Trophies
Website
aaronlindsay.com
XP
Country
Canada
dchrist2 said:
Is anyone else having problems importing from Guitar Hero: metallica? I've used my own disc and 2 different torrent iso's and the same songs keep importing at less than 10 megs, some as low as 200kb in size.
They are:
Unforgiven III: 233k
The Day that Never Comes: 317kb
The End of Life: 372kb
That Was Just Your Life: 374kb
The Judas Kiss: 400kb
Suicide and Redemption K: 439 kb
Suicide and Redemption J: 441 kb
Seek and Destroy: 1.5 mb
Master of Puppets: 3.6 mb
The Shortest Straw: 3.6mb
For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5.21 mb
Orion: 9.69 mb

Any help is appreciated!
The very small ones are DLC items that were included on the disc, but lack audio. RawkSD will rip them in case you want to provide your own audio, but won't let you install them on an SD card until you do.

The ones over 1MB... That was a bug with v2.01 picking the wrong audio file (hint: RawkSD's built-in ripper does not have this issue). This is fixed with version 2.02, which is available for download at the usual link (I just haven't "announced" it yet; guess I just did. I'll post the changelog later). You'll have to delete those tracks from RawkSD first, and then re-import.

Psycho Sonic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question about SD card size (since this thread's way too big to look through).

What's the max size of card allowed? Is it still 4gb, or does this allow larger?
Also, if I want to use this on a 4 gig card, do I have to be upgraded to 4.0?

dchrist2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
AerialX said:
The very small ones are DLC items that were included on the disc, but lack audio. RawkSD will rip them in case you want to provide your own audio, but won't let you install them on an SD card until you do.

How does one go about integrating their own audio and synching it up with the file?

Beefcake550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like 4G is still the largest available.

It would be awesome if Beatles Rock Band could use this hack so we might have access to SDHC cards. I really could care less about everyone looking like the Beatles. Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

starwarsfan982

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Beefcake550 said:
Looks like 4G is still the largest available.

It would be awesome if Beatles Rock Band could use this hack so we might have access to SDHC cards. I really could care less about everyone looking like the Beatles. Oh well, I can dream, can't I?

I second this.

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
b17bomber said:
I can't get a handful of Guitar Hero 2 songs to rip to RawkSD. I get the "must close" error when it's time to rip the audio on Bad Reputation for example.

I've tried 2 different discs. Anyone else having this problem?
I also have this problem, stops at bad reputation, haven't tried to skip it to see which ones fail.
And GH 80s saves as GH2, but it's not that problematic.

dchrist2 said:
QUOTE(AerialX @ Sep 9 2009, 10:25 PM) The very small ones are DLC items that were included on the disc, but lack audio. RawkSD will rip them in case you want to provide your own audio, but won't let you install them on an SD card until you do.

How does one go about integrating their own audio and synching it up with the file?
I also want to know this.

wiistevenduda1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have cIOScorp 3.4 installed on my wii, but can't use RawkSD. I get a error when I go to install songs. The only way to get RawkSD working is by uninstalling cIOScorp 3.4 and running the RawkSD patcher. But I need cIOScorp to use the backup of RockBand 2.I only have a backup of RockBand 2. Not the official disc.

Beefcake550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
I'm working on it. Still need GH2Crypt though and I will open the game's Arks (10 O.o), however DLC will hit in a month.

That's great news! Although, I don't understand the DLC comment.

The end result for me is to be able to use a 32GB SDHC card while using RawkSD to import all songs. I don't care if we load up Beatles Rock Band or Rock Band 2, but I am assuming we'd need to use Beatles Rock Band and that's fine with me. A reach goal would be to somehow give SDHC capability to Rock Band 2, but I didn't think that was possible.

Is the front page going to be updated soon?

Also, I've noticed that the latest version doesn't like to read ISOs of Rock Band 1. Yes, it seems to work fine using the app on the Wii, but it would be really great if this could get fixed so reading all ISO images would be possible again. Less tying up of the Wii from the children.
smile.gif

honeypa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiistevenduda1 said:
I have cIOScorp 3.4 installed on my wii, but can't use RawkSD. I get a error when I go to install songs. The only way to get RawkSD working is by uninstalling cIOScorp 3.4 and running the RawkSD patcher. But I need cIOScorp to use the backup of RockBand 2.I only have a backup of RockBand 2. Not the official disc.

Reading page 48 can't kill you.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's possible to port rawk sd to the beatles then you'd be able to use up to 32GB of storage instead of only 4GB...

Beefcake550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so it sounds like you'd have to redo the entire hack which probably isn't a lot of fun.

Hey, thanks for the incredibly AWESOME job on this tool. If you could fix the PC version of tool to correctly read ISO images of all types, that would be just great!

Posts merged

so it sounds like you'd have to redo the entire hack which probably isn't a lot of fun.

Hey, thanks for the incredibly AWESOME job on this tool. If you could fix the PC version of tool to correctly read ISO images of all types, that would be just great!

darkshiek

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So rather than reading 50 pages, I think I'll just ask.

I don't have a way to connect my SD card to my computer, but, with WiiXplorer, I can take files from my USB stick and put them on my SD card using my Wii. So I did that with RawkSD, and after some tinkering, I got a successful import message. But, nothing shows up in my DLC list, and yes, I did run the Wii Patcher. And all of the difficulties were set at a hundred when I made my test custom. So anything else I can do? I'm on Wii System Menu 4.1, if that matters.

Szalkow

RawkSD Cheerleader
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
darkshiek said:

I don't have a way to connect my SD card to my computer, but, with WiiXplorer, I can take files from my USB stick and put them on my SD card using my Wii. So I did that with RawkSD, and after some tinkering, I got a successful import message. But, nothing shows up in my DLC list, and yes, I did run the Wii Patcher. And all of the difficulties were set at a hundred when I made my test custom. So anything else I can do? I'm on Wii System Menu 4.1, if that matters.
The newest importer bundled with RawkSD 2.0 can install without the computer reinstall step. You might just be missing a few files. Make sure you copy the entire /rawk folder as well as the cRBA folder in the private/data folder.

QUOTE(starwarsfan982 @ Sep 19 2009, 06:33 PM) Rawksd requires you to insert the SD card into your computer to modify a save file, you'll need a reader for your SD card. Monoprice has one for $6.38 + dirt cheap shipping: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2
As of 2.0, the computer "install" step of the importing process is no longer needed. Give it a shot.

Beefcake550

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Szalkow said:
darkshiek said:

The newest importer bundled with RawkSD 2.0 can install without the computer reinstall step. You might just be missing a few files. Make sure you copy the entire /rawk folder as well as the cRBA folder in the private/data folder.

QUOTE(starwarsfan982 @ Sep 19 2009, 06:33 PM) Rawksd requires you to insert the SD card into your computer to modify a save file, you'll need a reader for your SD card. Monoprice has one for $6.38 + dirt cheap shipping: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product....=1&format=2
As of 2.0, the computer "install" step of the importing process is no longer needed. Give it a shot.

You still need a computer (I think). Once you've used the Wii (by way of RawkSD through HBC), how then do you pick/choose what you want to have show up in Rock Band? Just so it's clear what I mean, here's how I did it...

Steps
1a) Use RawkSD PC program to read ISO image.
OR
1b) Use RawkSD WIi program to export songs from Wii disc. (I used a 4G USB stick)

2) Import songs into RawkSD PC program from either step 1a or 1b
3) pick/choose which songs I want on my final SD card for use in Rock Band
4) install customs option on RawkSD Wii app
5) load up Rock Band 2 on Wii with new SD card and play imported songs!!!

How can this be modified to NOT use a PC?

iamgunsmoke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I couldn't find anything in reference to this problem in particular.

I have a 4GB SC card (I'm aware SDHCs don't work with RB2) and have finally got all the DLC I want loaded onto it
using both RawkSD and the "redownload DLC" hack. The first time I play, it loads all the DLC songs no problem - beautiful.
I'm not downloading any more songs at this point.
But then the next time I boot RB2 it tells me "The device insrted in the SD card slot cannot be used".
Literally all I've done is reset the Wii.
If I go back to my PC and "update DLC list" using RawkSD I can get the SD to work again but obviously that's
quite a hassle to do every time you play.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks.

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
iamgunsmoke said:
Sorry if this has been dealt with before but I couldn't find anything in reference to this problem in particular.

I have a 4GB SC card (I'm aware SDHCs don't work with RB2) and have finally got all the DLC I want loaded onto it
using both RawkSD and the "redownload DLC" hack. The first time I play, it loads all the DLC songs no problem - beautiful.
I'm not downloading any more songs at this point.
But then the next time I boot RB2 it tells me "The device insrted in the SD card slot cannot be used".
Literally all I've done is reset the Wii.
If I go back to my PC and "update DLC list" using RawkSD I can get the SD to work again but obviously that's
quite a hassle to do every time you play.

Has anyone had this problem and found a solution?

Thanks.
try booting the game with 2Gb sd card inserted, and once you are in the menu of the game, stick in your 4gb - thats what i sometimes have to do.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    some tasks like hacking wii mini consoles
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, You running Windows XP in 2024?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Whore yourself out 12 times for $100 and go buy a pc
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i got xp but running it off usb only, no way ima keep that
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it gets hacked/corrupted if i just leave it online for an hour
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month...