Hacking RawkSD

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First I would like to thank everyone for all the good input. I am hoping someone can answer my question. I have 4.1U softmodded and using Custom IOS38 Rev14. According to DOPIOS all of my IOS files are current. When I run multicios installer to install IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232 it downloads 15 files then gives a -1017 error and returns to HBC. I have tried several times with the same result. I have even tried installing IOS37 as IOS248, only to get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

elricorico

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Any idea why I would be playing RB2 fine in the morning then in the afternoon it would ask for a system update? It is a retail disc, and I didn't play with any homebrew in between then and now, though the game did freeze at the end of playing this morning.

I have a trucha bug patched ios 37 that I tried re-installing without any luck.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anybody who's having problems with the patcher, use the cIOS37 wad in cIOScorp v2.
Installing this wad doesn't make the patcher work, but instead adds the RawkSD functionality that the patcher adds.

medeiros

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
devinlsu said:
First I would like to thank everyone for all the good input. I am hoping someone can answer my question. I have 4.1U softmodded and using Custom IOS38 Rev14. According to DOPIOS all of my IOS files are current. When I run multicios installer to install IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS 232 it downloads 15 files then gives a -1017 error and returns to HBC. I have tried several times with the same result. I have even tried installing IOS37 as IOS248, only to get the same error. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

try to downgrade for 3.2 system menu

Fat Slaughter Ba

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
devriley.10gbfreehost.com
XP
Country
Canada
medeiros said:
devinlsu said:

try to downgrade for 3.2 system menu
I don't reccommend this. 4.1 works just fine.
Are you using cIOSCORP or another Disc Menu loading solution? If you do, you should have no problem loading from the disc channel.
Gamma loader or USB, dunno. Downgrading isn't needed though, there's probably a better solution.

devinlsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not using CIOSCORP. I am a little wary of it, as I have read some horror stories. I am trying to install the IOS37 as IOS 232 in order to use Softchip to boot Rockband under IOS232.

CameraEye

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome job on the Update, the app is now so much more useful! But, could somebody explain to me how to get the patcher to work? I've initiated the network for it to work with, but I still get the same old "Exception Occurred" message, and a long string of coding. I know there can't be anything wrong with the patcher, seeing as it works for everyone else, but is there something wrong with my Wii?

dapps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX said:
kid sampson said:
Ah man. Is the emergency bug fix just for WT, or do I have to go back through all the songs I already did for GH5 and Smash Hits too?

The GH5 songs seem to be just fine expect for a few spastic motions from the characters on songs like American Girl. Also, Ariel, can you confirm whether or not there's any need to reimport all of the Rock Band tracks? Other than the few songs that were fixed is there anything additional added to the track packs and RB1 exports?
It's for everything later than GHWT, which includes GHM, GHSH, and GH5. Re-importing a whole disc only takes a minute at most anyway, and you can re-install the songs to an SD card without running the Wii installer. It's not a big deal.

Re-importing the Rock Band tracks isn't a big deal, but I did change one thing to deal with talkies better.

Curious, how was it exactly fixed? I haven't had the chance to try out the new RawkSD yet since my Rock Band 1 disc and its iso are on a computer I currently don't have access to. Does Blitzkreig Bop work for certain now?

gypsygirl13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I love RawkSD!

I didn't use cioscorp to make this work since I always get the error message when I try to load it. Used Softchip instead using 232 ios, which I also use to make the GH5 disc to work on my wii fw 3.2U.

I wish there was a way to make this work with usb loaders though.

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if anyone has mentioned this. But with rawksd 2.01 pc app, I imported GH:M and played broken beat and scarred on expert drums and the chart got out of synch with the music..
frown.gif

junky562

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AerialX please help!!! theres no support thread?!!
im trying to dump the songs from my gh3 game to a usb stick by using the built in disc ripper/dumper and it works fine for rockband 1, but its seems to be dumping GH3 as WAD.NGC.... whats up with that? example (closer.wad.ngc) and the program RawkSD for the computer only accepts WOD and ISO for conversion to rb2? should i use superdump to dump gh3? or is there aprogram to convert these files to ISO or WOD?

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
2 questions:

1) Does rock band beatles allow SDHC cards?

If so-

2) Can RawkSD be made to use rock band beatles instead of Rock Band 2?

Thanks.

Primenay13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
junky562 said:
AerialX please help!!! theres no support thread?!!
im trying to dump the songs from my gh3 game to a usb stick by using the built in disc ripper/dumper and it works fine for rockband 1, but its seems to be dumping GH3 as WAD.NGC.... whats up with that? example (closer.wad.ngc) and the program RawkSD for the computer only accepts WOD and ISO for conversion to rb2? should i use superdump to dump gh3? or is there aprogram to convert these files to ISO or WOD?

there isn't a support thread, pm me if you need any help with rawksd and let aerial do his work

quepaso

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
icefireicefire said:
quepaso said:
2 questions:

1) Does rock band beatles allow SDHC cards?

If so-

2) Can RawkSD be made to use rock band beatles instead of Rock Band 2?

Thanks.
yes and no

No as in it doesnt do it now, or no as in, its not possible or no as in, they arent going to bother?

I think the majority of us rock band lovers have been waiting for this to happen, we all want rock band as our platform but with all the songs. If only RB2 would use SDHC none of this would matter, but 2 gig limit is just useless.

b17bomber

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't get a handful of Guitar Hero 2 songs to rip to RawkSD. I get the "must close" error when it's time to rip the audio on Bad Reputation for example.

I've tried 2 different discs. Anyone else having this problem?

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Anyone have some suggestions for getting the installer to work?

I have tried with the RawkSD patcher, cIOScorp 3.3 and 3.4 and, and still get error, when i click install or backup in the savegame manager part.
I haven't tried the ciosbugfix37.wad from cIOScorp v2, is that better?

I start the game from disc channel no problem, so shouldn't the installer work?

EDIT:
I got the installer to work after downgrading ios 37 to 2xxx version with DOPIOS but then I couldn't play the game.
So I reinstalled cIOScorp 3.4 ios37 and played RB2 and the songs from sd card no problem.

Just hope I can find one custom ios that works perfect for me
happy.gif

dchrist2

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is anyone else having problems importing from Guitar Hero: metallica? I've used my own disc and 2 different torrent iso's and the same songs keep importing at less than 10 megs, some as low as 200kb in size.
They are:
Unforgiven III: 233k
The Day that Never Comes: 317kb
The End of Life: 372kb
That Was Just Your Life: 374kb
The Judas Kiss: 400kb
Suicide and Redemption K: 439 kb
Suicide and Redemption J: 441 kb
Seek and Destroy: 1.5 mb
Master of Puppets: 3.6 mb
The Shortest Straw: 3.6mb
For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5.21 mb
Orion: 9.69 mb

Any help is appreciated!

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dchrist2 said:
Is anyone else having problems importing from Guitar Hero: metallica? I've used my own disc and 2 different torrent iso's and the same songs keep importing at less than 10 megs, some as low as 200kb in size.
They are:
Unforgiven III: 233k
The Day that Never Comes: 317kb
The End of Life: 372kb
That Was Just Your Life: 374kb
The Judas Kiss: 400kb
Suicide and Redemption K: 439 kb
Suicide and Redemption J: 441 kb
Seek and Destroy: 1.5 mb
Master of Puppets: 3.6 mb
The Shortest Straw: 3.6mb
For Whom the Bell Tolls: 5.21 mb