Hacking RawkSD

OncleJulien

tool of peers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kid sampson said:
For lack of a better storage solution, is anyone using the 4 GB SD hack trick with this? Just wondering before I purchase another standard SD card. I'm impressed that more than 100 songs fit on my 2 GB card, so I wouldn't have a need for anything larger than the 4 GB.
i am, with no issues at all.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
is it possible to make this able to import LEGALLY OWNED DLC , I recently needed to clear up room on my SD card and i used the DLC manager GUI application i found on the net, however when i put my DLC back on the sd card with it, it doesnt show in game anymore
frown.gif
Please add functionality of import from .bin files as i find this tool superior to the one im using for legit dlc MOSTLY because it actually friggen works. if i put a custom on with it, it shows in the list. if i put a legally owned DLC on with DLC manager, it doesnt fucking show up.......ive been at this for about 5 days and im getting frustrated.

PS - Yes the ticket for DLC is shown in ATD and i am on 4.1u
wink.gif

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OncleJulien said:
kid sampson said:
For lack of a better storage solution, is anyone using the 4 GB SD hack trick with this? Just wondering before I purchase another standard SD card. I'm impressed that more than 100 songs fit on my 2 GB card, so I wouldn't have a need for anything larger than the 4 GB.

And is the entire 4 GB usable? Meaning will ALL of that data in-game, or just 2 GB worth?

titiln

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i dunno if this was suggested (or implemented and i missed it) because it's really really trivial but some rb1 songs could use a couple tag changes (might want to compare to the imported 360 or ps3 versions to see if i'm right)

stuff like:
- learn to fly's genre is rock, but all the other foo fighters songs in rb2 are "alternative"
- in bloom's genre is rock, while all the other nevermind songs are grunge
- vasoline's genre is alternative while interstate love song is rock
- say it ain't so's album tag is WEEZER but buddy holly's album tag is WEEZER (THE BLUE ALBUM)

there's a pretty good chance i'm wrong about the genre tags because all the offspring dlc i have has varying genres even though some are in the same album. it's no big deal but i just want to see this thing come closer to perfection.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thc42O said:
is it possible to make this able to import LEGALLY OWNED DLC , I recently needed to clear up room on my SD card and i used the DLC manager GUI application i found on the net, however when i put my DLC back on the sd card with it, it doesnt show in game anymore
frown.gif
Please add functionality of import from .bin files as i find this tool superior to the one im using for legit dlc MOSTLY because it actually friggen works. if i put a custom on with it, it shows in the list. if i put a legally owned DLC on with DLC manager, it doesnt fucking show up.......ive been at this for about 5 days and im getting frustrated.

wink.gif
Nice try. After 5 days I think you surely would have tried redownloading the songs from the music store?

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
tueidj said:
thc42O said:
frown.gif

wink.gif
Nice try. After 5 days I think you surely would have tried redownloading the songs from the music store?

LOL PWND by dj.

Nice try indeed.

But giving you the benefit of the doubt: Just redownload your paid dlc from the music store, run rawk installer again, update sd save from pc, then finish install. You're custom/imported songs will appear and be playable with your paid DLC.

TEC36

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
After attempting to import RB1 songs, I get the following message:

"RawkSD has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost"

Help?

EDIT: If it helps, here's the Error signature: EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rawksd.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 4a5ce36f
P4 : rawksd P5 : 1.0.0.0 P6 : 4a5ce36f P7 : 22e P8 : 55d
P9 : system.dllnotfoundexception

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
TEC36 said:

"RawkSD has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

If you in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost"

Help?

EDIT: If it helps, here's the Error signature: EventType : clr20r3 P1 : rawksd.exe P2 : 1.0.0.0 P3 : 4a5ce36f

get the new 1.8 version. Prolly you're using an old one.

TEC36

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Shinster said:
TEC36 said:

Help?

get the new 1.8 version. Prolly you're using an old one.

I am using the new one.
(It has GH1/GH2 imports. Right?)

ccfman2004

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TEC36 said:
tueidj said:
What OS are you using?
What version of .net framework?
Did you extract all the files before running RawkSD.exe?

I'm using Windows XP
my .net framework is 2.0.50727
And I have the disc image on my computer, if that's what you mean.

Rawk SD requires the .Net 3.5 SP1 framework.

Ga1l0w

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Need some help...

I took my SD card I use for customs out of my wii (used the rawkSD before the latest update to install them on the card) and installed it on my friends wii. When I used the rawkSD prep tool, it made the rock band 2 (backup with cioscorp) error. This also happened on my wii. So i re-installed cioscorp and the game booted.

I got the error cannot restore add on content from system memory. Used the latest rawkSD to "update SD" and reinstalled the customs. Same error.

I deleted the rawkSD save file. Still give me the cannon restore content error. And this time it's $20 worth of legit DLC.

Anyway of saving my DLC?

Shinster

Trophies
XP
Country
Ga1l0w said:
Need some help...

I took my SD card I use for customs out of my wii (used the rawkSD before the latest update to install them on the card) and installed it on my friends wii. When I used the rawkSD prep tool, it made the rock band 2 (backup with cioscorp) error. This also happened on my wii. So i re-installed cioscorp and the game booted.

I got the error cannot restore add on content from system memory. Used the latest rawkSD to "update SD" and reinstalled the customs. Same error.

I deleted the rawkSD save file. Still give me the cannon restore content error. And this time it's $20 worth of legit DLC.

Anyway of saving my DLC?

redownload one song from the music store and all of them will appear.

thc42O

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
tueidj said:
thc42O said:
frown.gif

wink.gif

well, thats obviously what i tried to do, however i bought all my DLC b4 softmodding, i was on 3.2 throughout the entire Purchase of dlc + softmod. after softmod i didnt want to update, i obviously tried to redownload them when Shop channel presented me with a "update your wii" message and could not continue. I tried using WIISCU to update the shop channel (which was a bad idea since now shop channel just reboots system menu.) SO I can see how yes ude think theres something fishy here.
Either make .bins supported OR help me fix my shop channel and ill be eternally greatful.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kid sampson said:
OncleJulien said:
kid sampson said:

And is the entire 4 GB usable? Meaning will ALL of that data in-game, or just 2 GB worth?
I am also using the 4 GB SD hack trick and the entire 4 GB is usable in game. In order for my Wii to even see the SD card I had to format it using the SDFormatter program and also had to change the options in the program for Format Type to Full and Format Size Adjustment to On. These options are not the defaults.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o