Raw RTC broken?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Ducktaculr, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Ducktaculr
    OP

Ducktaculr Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2015
    United States
    Isanti, Minnesota
    So earlier this week I saw a post on r/3dshacks on how to use the config.cia to eliminate waiting times in Poke Pelago. I tried it out and it worked perfectly but when I was done I changed the Raw RTC back when I was done so my time wasn't messed up. I don't know if I shouldn't have done this, but now in-game time is not progressing at all. My berries are stuck at 24 hours, my Pokemon are still exploring for stones, etc.Its been a few days and I checked in config and the raw rtc has changed (used to be 2001/1/2 and now is 2001/1/4) but nothing in-game has. Is there anyway to fix this?

Last edited by Ducktaculr, Feb 10, 2017
  2. gkoelho

gkoelho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 16, 2015
    Brazil
    I believe Time-based events have a lock on pokemon games to prevent you from changing the time to get what you want. Each time you change your time/date the game will freeze all time-events for 2-7days, cant remember exactly. At least ORAS was like that.

3. adrifcastr

adrifcastr GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 12, 2016
    Germany
    RAW RTC changes bypass that.

4. shadowofdarkness

shadowofdarkness GBAtemp Fan

Apr 17, 2007
    Canada
    Traveling forward in time works with raw etc changes but I know some games that can detect backwards travel like you did when fixing the time afterwards. This is because they save the timestamp and notice that they're earlier after the change.