OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Pi2ModB1GB_-comp.jpeg

Raspberry Pi, the very popular credit card sized ARM PC, has been quite successful since it's release 3 years ago. After various models and hardware configurations released, the Raspberry Pi team has announced the next version of the Raspberry Pi, the Raspberry Pi 2. It is now on sale at the same price as the previous B+ models, $35, and features a lot of hardware improvements including a new 900MHz quad core ARM A7 CPU, 1GB of LPDDR2 SDRAM, and offers 100% compatibility with the previous Raspberry Pi, so apps and OS's will run the same as always!

The Raspberry team has also been working with Windows to get Windows 10 running on the Pi 2, and has announced that the Raspberry Pi version of Windows 10 will be free to makers via the Windows Developer Program.

You can purchase the Raspberry Pi 2 from the Raspberry partners, element14 and RS Components.

I, for one, am quite excited about this release, I'm definitely going to pick one up as soon as I get paid Friday. I love my B+ model, and I can't wait to see what kind of software devs can get running on this updated version.

:arrow:Source

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice

Also been wanting to get one of these to mess around with.....seems like alotta Bang for your Buck a very good Retro station

Whuts the highest emulated system on this in terms of Emulators ?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Nice

Also been wanting to get one of these to mess around with.....seems like alotta Bang for your Buck a very good Retro station

Whuts the highest emulated system on this in terms of Emulators ?

On the B+ models, someone managed to get a PS1 emulator working..."well enough", some games were playable, some weren't, and I believe the same can be said for the N64 emulator as well. But I expect with this new Pi and the new hardware, it should be able to handle PS1/N64 emulation quite well.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to get one for XBMC (I refuse to call it "Kodi" as the name sucks) as the Model B worked fine but needed a small overclock to overcome stuttering when playing back files with DTS Audio. This new one should handle DTS decoding a lot better and the UI should respond better.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I love my current Raspberry Pi B and I am going to buy the living hell out of this! My taxes are coming in and I know what they are going to! ^_^
Seriously, I did so much with my Pi and know this one is going to offer a lot more towards my projects!

NeoRegia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
And now pi2hype will start :) if someone will spend 10 minutes on researching currently available dev-boards there is at least 4 better to choose.
http://www.hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php?g_code=G141578608433
in last project i used 25 of ODIROI-c1 and i am really happy, their performance is outstanding comparing to PI and a bit better then PI2 :)
Project was a Multimedia system for Hotel in Scotland...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Did you leave your buttplug in?
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi
    +3
  • Flame @ Flame:
    Ancientboi at it again.
    +2
  • Flame @ Flame:
    is it a bird is it a plane... no its Ancientboi banging your ass away !
    +3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Took along time to fit it in?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Snow days $25 on steam may grab it
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Measuring sizes with AncientBoi, I see.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I guess Ancientboi would be Peter
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Loooooool :rofl2:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white