Gaming Rapidshare blocking ROM downloads?

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
PaperPlane said:
Keviii94 said:
PaperPlane said:
Raestloz said:
Now there's 12 replies and the view stats is still 0, the hell is happening?
mad.gif
The rules in your sig and you still spam..
It's just forum glitches, things take time to load, what's the problem?
So what if you can't see the views on something right away?
Of what relevance do they have?
There's no good answer to these questions, so please don't reply to this with spam again.
Ontopic please
tongue.gif
I could say the same for probably 430 of your posts.
Raes- It's still spam. And everyone makes me make a couple useless posts.
Then I too am the problem. I hate that.
That's right,,

EDIT,, oops +1 post

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Alright, flamethrower is off, the fire engine has come, so let's cooldown.

Rapidshare did the same to lots of files, although how they know that a file is a ROm or not, IDK. It's zipped into a .zip or .rar

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Raestloz said:
Alright, flamethrower is off, the fire engine has come, so let's cooldown.

Rapidshare did the same to lots of files, although how they know that a file is a ROm or not, IDK. It's zipped into a .zip or .rar
some roms are illegal,,
i can't downloaded the file

MADKATZ99

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like rapidshare for files under 100mb, mainly because its faster for me than torrents and other P2P programs.
Its hell downloading wii games through there without an account lol
tongue.gif

Megaupload is the way to go. More reliable and you dont have to wait hours untill you can download aonther file
biggrin.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
This makes me worry, I hope no more big games get blocked. Have you tried to download from another site? NetLoad is pretty quick and reliable too

I'm not taking MegaUpload, somehow it always say the channels for my country is all being used, download and use megaupload toolbar to download............

Do you guys have ever experienced the same problem?

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
Raestloz said:
This makes me worry, I hope no more big games get blocked. Have you tried to download from another site? NetLoad is pretty quick and reliable too

I'm not taking MegaUpload, somehow it always say the channels for my country is all being used, download and use megaupload toolbar to download............

Do you guys have ever experienced the same problem?
I downloaded the toolbar and I use opera,
So no problems
tongue.gif

Ruri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, you people have it good. I remember when rom sites were all hosted on Xoom and free webhosts like that, and all started disappearing when those websites went under after the dot-com bubble popped. It used to be that rom sites would just disappear after a month or so as they got caught. And back then the free webhosts hadn't figured out how to profit from warez like they do now (seriously, the only people who are downloading stuff fast enough from Rapidshare or whatever to want a subscription are not getting legal downloads), so they actively went after rom hosts (they cost Xoom money, say, since they didn't intend for so many people to use their maximum download limit.)

Rapidshare-style free upload hosts that let you have files in the hundreds of MB are amazing. I remember when you could barely even get 5 MB for free, and they'd patrol it much more strictly to boot. And you had to upload it uphill both ways, in the snow!

But srsly, don't worry about it. Storage space for uploading large files is as cheap as water nowadays, literally... This was an issue ten years ago, but not today.

kenongab

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been noticing an alarming number of blocked downloads on big sites like RS, MU, and others. Tried dl'ding Final Fantasy IV(JAP) and all of the sites' mirrors I tried were blocked. It seems that ROMs that were recently released are not yet blocked, so that's good.

I just hope that this is only temporary. It really scared me when I noticed this.
unsure.gif

JPdensetsu

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Taiwan
kenongab said:
I've been noticing an alarming number of blocked downloads on big sites like RS, MU, and others. Tried dl'ding Final Fantasy IV(JAP) and all of the sites' mirrors I tried were blocked. It seems that ROMs that were recently released are not yet blocked, so that's good.

I just hope that this is only temporary. It really scared me when I noticed this.
unsure.gif
yeah roms are indeed illigal
tongue.gif

But we've
tongue.gif

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use either Rapidshare, Megaupload or File Factory because my site has those 3 mirrors. Megaupload is the best because you can download a lot, and you only have to wait 45 seconds. File Factory is just so ugly and it tries to hide the download link under blatant, huge ads.

I have only had FIFA 08 blocked from that site, all others have been OK for me.

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Keviii94 said:
Joey90 said:
lol...

I don't have any trouble finding other places to download the roms, I'd just never seen them blocked before
wink.gif
I see it somethimes

500 POSTS
grog.gif
grog.gif

Can someone ban this cretin? All I've seen him do is post on threads to say he's trying to get 500 posts. He's a complete waste of bandwidth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: one of the people that appeared there was a minor when filming the cutscenes where she appears