Rapid fire controllers at Future Shop??

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Games & Content' started by ichigo Kurusaki, Jun 30, 2010.

Jun 30, 2010
  1. ichigo Kurusaki
    OP

Newcomer ichigo Kurusaki Member

Canada
    So I was at future shop yesterday to buy Red Dead Redemption when I noticed some special controllers that where rapid fire. I've heard of modded controllers and that they are bannable but does anyone have information on this controller and also do they work with MW2?

Here's the link to it: http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/product/dat...1ba73a9ed59en02

Any info would be appreciated.

2. 67birdman

Member 67birdman GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    LOL, don't get these.
    I had one for xbox and ps2..
    Its just a "turbo" button, that rapid fires---really just messes things up IMO.

3. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    They work on any game, not entirely sure why you would want such a thing* but that is a different matter. If they did trouble a game (especially an online one like MW2) a title update would probably sort something rendering it useless.

*I am guessing a semi auto/"as fast as you can pull the trigger" weapon.

Bannable- tough to say. Quite detectable I imagine but whether they take this to a ban or not is a matter for debate. If you really cared you could have all the fun of rapid fire but with a pseudo random pulse.

Ripoff- most certainly. Even assuming they did anything for someone somewhere the tech behind it it about as basic as it gets, indeed you could probably pull it off with a few lengths of wire if you really wanted (the nice pulsed colours on the controller on startup- a rapid pulse that is well suited to this.
    If you want to kick it up a notch pulse circuits are a staple of schoolboy electronics (they usually teach such things with 555 timers but it is simpler than that if you want such a thing).

Similarly you probably will not endear yourself to people going down this path.

4. DunkrWunkah

Member DunkrWunkah GBAtemp's Official Dunkr

United States
    These controllers are almost always cheap plastic and sticky buttons. Not worth the money or time.

I would recommend modding your controller yourself, if you have the right model to do so.