[Rant] VEGAS Pro sucks

Discussion in 'Computer Software and Operating Systems' started by BullyWiiPlaza, Jul 3, 2017.

1. BullyWiiPlaza
    OP

BullyWiiPlaza Nintendo Hacking <3

Aug 2, 2014
    Germany
    I've been using VEGAS Pro for my video editing and all of a sudden it's now complete garbage and keeps freezing/crashing on almost anything I do. From video importing, intro template loading to deleting an audio track. I uninstalled Bandicam because it might have done something with the video drivers but that didn't help. Oh well, I don't know how to fix it now. Reinstalling VEGAS also didn't help. Some settings are not wiped out and there is no option to force a complete clean up. This whole thing might be a hardware issue though since my laptop is showing its age finally after 3 years of constant use. I might not reinstall Windows because I obviously have a lot of programs installed and losing them all is awful. So much for this $599.00 video editing software, reliable like sh*t. Great when it works or a nightmare when not. 4 hours wasted today to get nothing done, wow. How can you keep a product like that for such a high price on the market for years and not fix the potential frustrations and video/audio codec support. :|

EDIT:
    Nevermind, renaming C:\Program Files\VEGAS\VEGAS Pro 14.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\compoundplug\compoundplug.dll helped. Now a different DLL is being used and things are much more stable.

Last edited by BullyWiiPlaza, Jul 5, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice