Gaming Random Stupid Freezes in Dragon Quest IX

shayminSKY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm using the R4 1.18v and have Downloaded the patched (Eur) version from -snip-. And for some reason, the file size of my ROM is 245 mb instead of 256. I dont know why. Anyway, Every now and then the game will just freeze for no reason. I'm around the bit where you deliver the seven figgs to the observatory and Aquila comes. Now its just getting rediculas. It freezes pretty much every Minute. Its not stopping me going anywhere, its just a pain to having to keep turning my DS on and off. Has anyone else got this problem? Also do you know how to fix it? I'm also using it with the latest YS menu. Every Time it'll just freeze randomly. Any Suggestions? Help?

shayminSKY

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. It doesn't always matter if your ROM is trimmed.
2. I cut the sav file off my Micro SD to my comp, replaced ys menu with the same version, pasted the sav back and no freezing. also i used cheats a few times sooo...that might have contributed. What r the dangers of using cheats on DQIX?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
My first thing is you listed a rom site which is against the rules, secondly the size of your rom just means that it is trimmed also, as for the freezes I'm not sure as I use a different cart and firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: