Random Power Cycling Issues Softmod Wii

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by youngw, Jan 4, 2011.

1. youngw
    OP

youngw Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    United States
    I have a softmodded wii. After I turn it on I no longer get the health screen to press A, just the wii menu. ALso when I boot a game I can play for a few minutes and the wii randomly powers itself down.
    I am at system 4.1U- I followed a while ago Larryjlite guide recently updating to ModMii.
    I have checked the power cord, moved the wii to another location and plug outlet in my house thinking that could be the problem but it continues to occur.

I have priiloader and bootmii as boot 2.
    Unfortunately my original NAND backup is gone but I do have one from a week ago but this problem was occuring then so I am not sure how good that NAND backup will be.

Can I upgrade to system 4.2 and still use bootmii as boot 2? How would I upgrade to 4.2 and get a clean NAND Backup? Is there a game I can buy to do that??
    What could be causing this problem?

2. OverjoY

OverjoY GBAtemp Fan

Apr 1, 2010
    Netherlands
    Rotterdam
    You enabled the "Auto press A on healtscreen" (or how the name is) hack in Priiloader. That's why you boot straight into the SM.

3. youngw
    OP

youngw Member

Newcomer
    Dec 22, 2010
    United States
    Thanks,
    Now the bigger issue, any idea why after a few moments of play my wii shuts down????
    How can I upgrade to version 4.2 or any way to overwrite 4.1 system for a clean NAND? I truly believe this has something to do with my softmod attempts.
    Thanks

4. techboy

techboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    Pennsylvania
    Is the fan running? Wiis turn themselves off when they overheat.

5. yabel

yabel Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 9, 2009
    United States
    This my first thought since I worked on a wii that had same issue and fan is not turning. Its a small fan and very quiet so turn it on while holding wii and you can tell if fan is on. There is replacements online.