Hacking Question Random games not booting/working properly.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Recently i have been having problems with some backups. Some games simply refuse, completely, to work.

This has been happening to three games, the most recent being Fire Emblem, the other two being My Friend Pedro and Dead Cells.
They all share the same problem: they were absolutely working and playing fine until some certain point of the game, in which they show the "The software closed because an error occurred" message. In the case of Fire Emblem, it said the game was corrupted, did a check, but that was it. I tried reinstalling it, and it didn't give corrupted data nag anymore, it just would instantly give the "Error Occurred" message as soon as the game is booted.

I have already reinstalled, re-dumped, used other cartridge dumps. I truly have tried everything in my knowledge but the problem persists. Is there any idea of what has been causing these errors?

(All games were on latest update. My firmware is 8.1.0, i'm using AMS 0.9.3, sigpatches from The-4n.)

Paulsar99

Trophies
XP
Country
Togo
Try using a different sd card and install those problematic games there. If it runs without issues then your other sd card seems likely to be the problem.

Also what program do you use to install these games? Exfat?

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Try using a different sd card and install those problematic games there. If it runs without issues then your other sd card seems likely to be the problem.

Also what program do you use to install these games? Exfat?
They gave the same error on another smaller 32GB sd card of mine.

All of them were exFAT, installed both w/ goldleaf and tinfoil, both giving the same errors.

myangel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me too also happen with some game with atmosphere like kirby after i'm apply patch i can't launch the game it error occured or something try to download kirby from different source but after install patch it always happen

But it no problem when i try switch to sx os and launch kirby

Any idea why? other game work just fine but some are not ( probably because i use sx os to install the custom xci to those game like gal gun 2 , fire emblem 3h but custom xci zelda work dunno why ) Kirby i use nsp to install it without patch it said need update but after patch an error occured

sergux

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Try deleting any trace of that games on the switch(eg titlesid), maybe the folders created when you launch the game its causing the issue or the save itself. I had a similar troubles when I tried to launch a game from different regions with the same save game. Yesterday playing marvel 3 i had the same error but downloading from a different source fixed it.

Last edited by sergux,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: roms wont boot with wood r4menu