Random freezes on Win 8.1 without any errors

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware, Devices and Accessories' started by aiat_gamer, Jan 8, 2015.

1. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    So I know no one can help me with this, I just thought I post this to vent my frustration.
    Over the past week my PC is randomly freezing up. The sound keeps looping and nothing works so I have to do a hard reset. I installed a fresh Windows two days ago hoping it would go away but it did not help. Here is what I have done so far:
    -I checked the integrity of my ram, no errors.
    -I ran Uniengine Heaven benchmark for 15 minutes while monitoring the temperature for my VGA and CPU. Nothing out of the ordinary (CPU hovers around 65, VGA, a R280X, around 65-70).

I get the freeze at random during games, and few times while I was watching a movie and only during fast forwarding as far as I can tell. I have the debug files if anyone can actually analyse them. One thing that I should mention in that I have had problems with windows updater. Everytime I run the update diagnosis tool it gives this:
    [​IMG]
    I have done everything I could think of and I was advised to do so but nothing, I still get random freezes. It has become to frustrating that I am thinking about getting rid of my PC and be done with it. :nayps3:. The only thing I can think of to try if installing Win 7 to see if that helps, but I am not holding my breath.

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Run a test on the HDD as well. Could be that it's failing.
    I use HDtune for this. It provides SMART diagnostics to show the health of the drive, as well as error checking of the entire drive.
    http://www.hdtune.com/

3. aiat_gamer
    OP

aiat_gamer GBAtemp Fan

May 1, 2008
    Iran
    I did a quick scan using HDtune last night since it was very late, nothing. I may do a full scan. Right now I will be very happy if I actually can tell what part is messing up if it is a hardware issue.

4. ginryu

ginryu GBAtemp Regular

Mar 14, 2009
    Mexico
    It might be the motherboard failing.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice