Matezoide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello.
Until yesterday, my 3DS was working perfectly. However, after i took it with me to a trip to another city, it simply stays on the black screen. I tried to boot onto Luma, Godmode and the Recovery Mode, but it always stays on the black screen.

I have to admit i haven't updated in a while. Could that be the issue? Searching around the web, other people seemed to be able to boot into Luma/Godmode, but not even this works. The blue light turns on, but beyond that, nothing happens.

Matezoide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So holding start does nothing?
do you have a nand backup?
is it a regular 3ds?(or like XL, or N3ds)
Are you on Armloader? or Boot9strap?

Correct.
Yes, although i can't access my computer right now, and won't be able to do so until Monday, unfortunately.
New 3DS XL
Boot9strap

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Correct.
Yes, although i can't access my computer right now, and won't be able to do so until Monday, unfortunately.
New 3DS XL
Boot9strap
I would Suggest trying to replace your Boot9strap stuff with New stuff from 3ds.guide, and go from there.

is there any other info your holding out on?

Matezoide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I would Suggest trying to replace your Boot9strap stuff with New stuff from 3ds.guide, and go from there.

is there any other info your holding out on?
Alright, I'll try that once i get the chance. Would you mind linking to the exact tutorial, so i can make sure i follow the correct one?

Not that i can think of, no.

Matezoide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Something like thishttps://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Also, Is your B9s updated?

I haven't updated in a while, at all. Could that really be the issue though? It was working perfectly until today. Seems a bit weird this could break the entire thing just like this (to the point neither Godmode nor Luma boot) , but my knowledge on this is lacking at best.

I'll give the guide a try when i get the chance, and post here with the results.

DeoNaught

I'm here to steal memes and break dreams
Trophies
Website
Gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I haven't updated in a while, at all. Could that really be the issue though? It was working perfectly until today. Seems a bit weird this could break the entire thing just like this (to the point neither Godmode nor Luma boot) , but my knowledge on this is lacking at best.

I'll give the guide a try when i get the chance, and post here with the results.
Yeah, it happened to me, or something of the like.

Okay, keep us updated ^-^

Matezoide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, so here's what happened. An uncle of mine happened to have a screwdriver, but there's no computer around here.
Still, i decided to give it a shot and opened the 3DS, only removed the SD Card, and the 3DS turned on as usual without it, then it turned on with the SD inserted.

It seems that was the issue. Once i get PC access I'll update it properly regardless since this gives me an excuse to finally do so, especially since it is hard to say how long this fix will actually work.

Thanks for the help, you two. The link will help greatly when i get the chance to update, and Turd , in case something like this happened to you before, was this fix a permanent one?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the help, you two. The link will help greatly when i get the chance to update, and Turd , in case something like this happened to you before, was this fix a permanent one?
Lmfao. Something says I should have made a better user name. It was suppose to be in-tongue cheeky. Turd by itself may get to me at some point. Heh.

-----

The fix isn't permanent. This usually occurs when you play a game and put it in sleep (for a long time) -or- run out of battery life without a proper shut down. Sometimes it'll happen when a game crashes on its own; totally out of your control. I manage to do this is a normal basis crashing mGBA v0.6.1 messing around with the save states.
In fact not too long ago, testing a 256 GB SD card under 64 KB cluster size setting, I managed to crash my 3DS within a crash during a log dump. I crashed so hard that zeros started popping up trying to turn on the system (with or without SD card).

20180118_001850.jpg

I deem these kinds of semi-soft bricks as "in-game boot loops". My experiences so far, battery removal usually resets and fixes the problem.

Matezoide

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Fair enough then. Strangely, none of those things happened. I turned the game off normally and the next day had issues. At least it appears that's a relatively simple issue, rather than something physical that would require actual time/effort, at least.
Hopefully it will at least go through the weekend without any issues.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr