Hardware random abrupt power offs?

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 650
  • Replies 2
D

Deleted User

OP
It could be the battery. I'm not certain if it is.
Basically for a while now, (I have a a launch day switch) about, two months ago, I experienced the first abrupt power off. where the system just, shuts off. No warning. nothing. I do use custom firmware, however I don't have any system modules installed. (just sign patches with atmosphere)
And recently it's gotten pretty bad/happening more often
I do use autorcm.
Now, I say could be the battery, because something jank did happen. See it's not just randomly powering off in handheld mode. Docked too. Which is a bit concerning. I'll be looking into getting a replacement battery, but until then I want to know any other possible causes.
And I'm certain it's not a custom firmware issue. Atmosphere would crash and put something up if it was something on it's side. (it's a complete shut down, and I have to wait for the system to charge in some instances, even when the battery is near or is 100% and in other instances I have to just plug it back in and reboot.)

D

Deleted User

OP
I do use an official dock and charger, so that shouldn't be causing issues.

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Lithium batteries can be charged up to 500 times officially but some already fail at 300 charge cycles and some are fine at +1000 cycles.
If it happens around the same battery level (like say less then 40% remaining) then it's most likely your battery.
If it happens when you stress out the cpu/gpu and it draws a lot of power, it might be the battery management circuit that can't keep up with the demand.
You can see a lot of battery statistics in Hekate :

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night