Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hi, this is my first time playing a Ragnarok game and I'm confused about how I do skills for my Merchant. I figured out what stats I want from a guide but it doesn't mention anything about skills. What skills should I put my points in and what type of weapon should I be looking out for also? Thank you & any tips are very welcome.

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have the following skills (max points):
Merchant
- Increase Weight Limit: 5 [very usefull later on]
- Discount : ? [not really necessary]
- Overcharge: ? [not really necessary]
- Mammonite: 8 [very good at the beginning, 1x magic attack]
- Crazy Uproar: 8 [a must have, increases STR for a period of time]
- Cart Revolution: 8 [only good if you have the cards of the monsters you use it against!]
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Blacksmith
- Weapon Production: ? [not really necessary, simply reload after a failed upgrade!]
- Hilt Binding: 8 [a must have, inc. STR permanently]
- Weapon Research: 8 [a must have, inc. DEX & HIT permanently]
- Skin Tempering: 8 [usefull for the higher floors in Mirage Tower, inc. RES agaiinst Fire & non elemt magic]
- Hammerfall: 8 [unfortunately needed to unlock cool skills, quite usefull]
- Adrenaline Rush: 8 [a must have, unfortunately for Axes & Clubs only, inc. attack speed for period of time]
- Over Thrust: 8 [a must have, unfortunately for Axes & Clubs only, inc. attack for period of time]
- Maximize Power: 8 [unfortunately needed to unlock cool skills, couldn't see a big benefit]
- Unfair Skill: 8 [not really needed, reduces zenny cost of Mammoniite]
- Full Adrenaline Rush: 8 [best attack-speed improvement in game, can speed up everyone with any weapon!]
- Ancient Blow: 8 [can only be used with Axes, not really usefull]
- Magnitude: 8 [a must have, the area killer skill with very high damage!]
EDIT:
- Ancient Blow & Magnitude are "special" skills for which you have to do a quest before you get them!

...as you might can see, there are a lot of points needed to make a Blacksmith a killer mashine.
(even if you don't put points in half of the skills!)

I recommend that you do a "Limit Break" several times before building up your "final" Blacksmith.
Best is to start with a Swordsman/Knight, because you have cool skills very fast which make him a FAST fighter.
(1-hand quicken & 2-hand quicken) And you can go for higher floors in the Mirage Tower early on.

For your Blacksmith... you will need (in order of importance):
- STR
- AGI
- VIT
- INT

Below the stats of my Lvl. 70 Blacksmith "naked" (around 30-35 Limit Breaks!)
- STR: 80+16
- AGI: 80+2
- VIT: 38+5
- INT: 28+2
- DEX: 18+21
- LUK:23+1

...you need some DEX at the beginning, otherwise you will never hit something!
(Weapon Research is available as Blacksmith only, so the whole time as a merchant you need th DEX)
Later on, if you are able to go for floor 25 of Mirage Tower, go get a Frione Card (+100% HIT)

Hope, this was of any help.

EDIT:
How to get the "spirits" for a class
=====================
- The way to Glast Heim must be unlocked!
- This quest does not apply to main NPC characters.
_ Eg: Lucifi. He is a swordsman, but you won't get this quest.

1. Recruit any class to your guild that you desire to get the "Spirit" item for,
unlocking the final skill for that class.
Eg: Get a swordsman to get swordsman "Spirit"

2. Level him/her till he/she has "Friend" status. (normally at L45-J38)

3. When you achieve the above, go back to your own guild, visit your kafra and change
him/her to upperclass. Eg: Acolyte to Priest

4. Now visit their respective classes guild and talk to the npcs standing by the side.
One of them will give you a quest.
(be carfull not just doing the "Buddy" quest, so better SAVE before you accept!)

5. Complete the quest and you will get the "Spirit" item, unlocking the final skill(s)
of that class.
Eg: Knight guild mate quest rewards you with "Spirit of Knight".
When you change to a knight, you will notice the extra skills at the end of the
last skill page.

Lelouch

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, very helpful and daunting at the same time. You wouldn't happen to have a guide that explains the game in depth? I understand you need to play the game to learn everything but I feel like I'd get more enjoyment out of it if I knew what to do. Things I'm still lost about:

-Skills. I'm understanding that the max level for any skill is 8 correct? You listed 14 maxed skills, so as I'm leveling does it matter what order I add the points in? I would need a total of 117 skill points as well, is 99 the max you can get?

-Limit Break. You said I should change my class to a swordsman. Would it still be worth doing this now that I'm level 29? What is limit break and should I not worry about that until the time comes in game?

-Stats. When you lvl up how do you normally distribute your points? I added a good amount of dex right away then all the rest of my points went into str, agi, vit and a few in intel.

-My Party. Do I need to worry about any of their stats & skills? It seems like they pretty much take care of themselves.

-Weapons. What weapon would be ideal with a merchant/blacksmith? ex: 1h, 2h, sword, axe, spear etc.

I'll worry about spirits later since it sounds like a high level thing. Thank you very much.

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
<!--quoteo(post=2662748:date=Mar 14 2010, 11:39 AM:name=Lelouch)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lelouch @ Mar 14 2010, 11:39 AM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2662748"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Thanks, very helpful and daunting at the same time. You wouldn't happen to have a guide that explains the game in depth? I understand you need to play the game to learn everything but I feel like I'd get more enjoyment out of it if I knew what to do.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Yes and no. I have a nearly complete quest-guide ready. And in my opinion it's no shame to have/use one, because there
are some quests which are a pain in the bottom to find out how to get them! <b>See below for a nearly complete side-quest guide</b>.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-Skills.ÂÂI'm understanding that the max level for any skill is 8 correct?ÂÂYou listed 14 maxed skills, so as I'm leveling does it matter what order I add the points in?ÂÂI would need a total of 117 skill points as well, is 99 the max you can get?<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
- The max level for a lot of skills is 8 for some it is just 5 and for a few it is just 1. But this you have to find out yourself.
(It's not that hard, really)

- And I didn't list any "maxed" skills, I listed the skills with their <b>max possible</b> value (for which you should go for,
if you plan to use that skill anyway).

- No, you can get 50 points during your first Job-Class, after switching to your 2nd you have another 50 to get.
And here comes the "Limit Break" into account. Every "Limit Break" adds 10 to the max of your JOB-points until 90.
So, to do at least 4 "Limit Breaks" is a must, if you plan to use any class to it's full potential (without cheating!), which results
in 140 <b>possible</b> JOB-points. And as another side-note: It's not that hard (does not take <b>that</b> long) to bring a char to class1-job50
and then to class2-job50, BUT it really takes very long to bring it near class2-job60!!! (I quit at class2-job65)
(...and no, I didn't cheat through the whole game, because it's not necessary!!!)

- Yes, the order of point-distribution matters, because every class has some skills, which can only be unlocked by investing
some points into other skills (sometimes you have to put points into 4! other skills to unlock the 5th).

Especially Shaman and Dark Knight are a pure pain in the bottom when it comes to unlocking the "Spirit" skills.
But fortunately is the Dark Knight a pure pleasure to play in the Mirage Tower with just 5! skills unlocked and <b>witout</b>
any "Spirit" skill, so I didn't try to go for them.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-Limit Break.ÂÂYou said I should change my class to a swordsman.ÂÂWould it still be worth doing this now that I'm level 29?ÂÂWhat is limit break and should I not worry about that until the time comes in game?<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
This is simply up to you. I nearly finished the main story (only last boss fight left) with my starter Hunter, who was level 75
at this time and a lot of fun during the whole time.
(I have to admit that I did a lot of grinding in Ysidra caves for equipment to sell)

I even managed to reach floor 47 of Mirage Tower with him! I only didn't go further because it took so long to reach the next foor. Later, after <b>several</b> Limit Breaks and a Knight I had to realize that this is the case with <b>every</b> class, as
long as you don't go for about 30-35 Limit Breaks or cheat!

A lot of idiots try to tell you, that Hunters in this game totally suck, but I can assure you that this is not the case.
The same idiots try to tell you, that the Dark Knight sucks too, because he is so slow!
WHAT? He only needs to unlock "Dark Swift" (1-hand quicken & 2-hand quicken of the Knight <b>combined</b> in 1 skill!)
He also has the most powerfull STR-booster skill which boosts STR up a nifty +50.
The "CRIT booster" is also a must have (can be unlocked very early), because criticals are key for the Mirage Tower bosses.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-Stats.ÂÂWhen you lvl up how do you normally distribute your points?ÂÂI added a good amount of dex right away then all the rest of my points went into str, agi, vit and a few in intel.<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
Absolutely correct order, congrats.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-My Party.ÂÂDo I need to worry about any of their stats & skills?ÂÂIt seems like they pretty much take care of themselves.<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
Absolutely correct. You will find a lot of nonsense about e.g. "Rolek", the priest you will meet at some point and recruit.
I tested 2 other priests, 1 "Brave" and the other "Zealous"... I can assure you that the "caring" Rolek is a godsend!
He learns <b>all</b> cool "party-supporting" skills the priest class has! So, advance as fast as you can in the story to recruit
him and let Sierra be alone (most part later on she is absent anyway!).
The other 2 learned the passive "mace-booster" for themselfs and were good melee fighters at their own, but only half as
good party supporters. And Rolek is not the only priest who uses "Sanctuary" (an area heal spell) during the last boss fight
and makes it so a lot harder (longer). EVERY priest I tested does this, it's an AI flaw for the whole class!
To avoid this, simply switch your priest to "Save SP" during this one and only fight.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->-Weapons.ÂÂWhat weapon would be ideal with a merchant/blacksmith?ÂÂex: 1h, 2h, sword, axe, spear etc.<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
Merchants/Blacksmiths can use Clubs, Axes, Swords only. As you clearly can see from the skill-list, there is a definitiv
preference for clubs and axes.

<!--c1--><div class='codetop'>CODE</div><div class='codemain'><!--ec1-->I'll worry about spirits later since it sounds like a high level thing.ÂÂThank you very much.<!--c2--></div><!--ec2-->
Your party should be quite "competent" when going on the "Spirit" quests... but don't worry, at lvl 50-60 you should be ready
to go.
============================================================================
Note: The descriptions for quests 1-1 until 10-6 are taken from zidanet129 at the gamefaqs board.

How to read this:
1-1 = page 1 quest 1
1-5 = page 1 quest 5
so on and so forth...

1-1.
Begin quest: Prontera Tavern
Objective: Collect Jellopy x10
Reward: 600 zenny

1-2.
Objective: Collect Red Herb x10
Reward: Panacea x1

1-3.
Objective: Collect Iron Ore x5
Reward: 3-slot Knife (30 atk)

1-4.
Objective: Collect Empty Bottles x10 and bring them to Morroc Tavern
Reward: 3000 zenny

1-5.
Begin quest: Geffen Tavern
Objective: Collect Mastela Fruit x1 to the boy
Reward: 150 zenny

1-6.
Objective: Collect frog spawn x5, insect shell x5, devil horn x1, skull x1
Reward: Bone Wand

2-1.
Objective: Go to Prontera Tool Shop to find a female Knight NPC after accepting the quest, followed by an Old Man NPC in Morroc Tavern, and report back to Geffen Tavern after completion.
Reward: Sashimi Knife ( 75 atk wind element one hand sword)

2-2.
Begin quest: Geffen Inn 2F
Objective: Talk to the NPC with Elven Ears, choose the 1st option for all her questions.
Reward: Opens a link-portal between West Prontera Forest and Geffen Bridge.

2-3.
Begin quest: Morroc Tavern
Objective: Collect Animal Skin x10
Reward: 2000 zenny

2-4.
Objective: Collect 10 Garlet.
Reward: 6000 zenny

2-5.
Objective: Proceed to Sograt Desert North, somewhere near the Ant Hell entrance to trigger a scene, defeat the Hode and report back to the Tavern.
Reward: 1500 zenny

2-6.
Objective: Proceed to Juno Tool Shop after accepting the quest. Look for a Magician NPC and he would request for Devil Horn x1. Bring it back to him and report back to Morroc Tavern.
Reward: 1000 zenny

3-1.
Objective: Collect 1x Skull

3-2.
Begin quest: Juno Tavern
Objective: Collect Wolf Claw x10, Bear's Footskin x10, Orc Tooth x10
Reward: 10,000 zenny

3-3.
Objective: Proceed to East Mt. Mjolnir after accepting the quest. Go all the way to the top, where the giant flower is, to trigger a scene. Report back to the Tavern when done.
Reward: Hairstyle 6

3-4.
Objective: Go to these places in the following sequence - Lighthalzen Tool Shop -> Prontera Tavern -> Lighthalzen Inn to look for an NPC. Report back to the Tavern when complete

3-5.
Objective: Proceed to Prontera Weapon Shop to look for an NPC after beginning the quest. You will be asked to go to Ant Hell to get an Ore. The Ore can be found in Ant Hell 2F at the 3 o'clock direction, by the inverse "U" shape.
Reward: Broken Sword (Key Item)

3-6.
Begin quest: Geffen Tool Shop
Requirement: Main Character must be a Magician class
Objective: Go to West Prontera Woods (top right) to kill Poporings. These Poporings are immune to PHYSICAL ATTACKS and can only be hit by MAGICAL ATTACKS. Report back upon completion.
Reward: Wing Staff (3 slots)

4-1.
Begin quest: Morroc Weapon Shop
Requirement: Main Character must be a Thief class, and have also beaten Freoni in main story plot.
Objective: After accepting the quest, go to Ant Hell 2F where you fought Freoni to trigger a scene. Report back after that.
Reward: Assassins's Dagger (3 slots)

4-2.
Begin quest: Prontera Refinery
Requirement: Main Character must be an Archer class
Objective: You are asked to go to East Prontera Forest to defeat an Owl Baron. It can either be found at the top left spring area or the bottom right area. (too long ago... sorry...)
Reward: Rudra's Bow

4-3.
Begin quest: Lighthalzen Inn 2F
Requirement: Main Character must be a Merchant class
Objective: You have to bring the following items: 4-Leaf Clover, Little Evil Wing, Diamond 1ct, Topaz. Return to the NPC after you have collected the items.
Reward: Grand Cross (ATK 140 club, "Light" affinity, 3 slots. ONE AND ONLY!)

4-4.
Begin quest: Juno Inn
Requirement: Main Character must be a Taekwon Kid Job-Lvl 40+ or a Teakwon Master
Objective: Go to Mt. Mjolnir East to fight a Grizzly. Report back after defeating it.
Reward: Megingjard (+40 STR accessory, 1-slot)

4-5.
Begin quest: Lighthalzen Tavern
Objective: The NPC will request for a random jewel (most of the time is Sapphire). Bring back the jewel to complete the quest.
Reward: 2500 zenny

4-6.
Objective: Upon receiving the quest, go to Geffen Inn 2F to find a female NPC. She will ask you to retrieve back something from a Cramp. Go to West Prontera Forest and go to the top left area (where you fought the large Elder Willow) to find the Cramp. Defeat it to retrieve the item. Go back to Geffen Inn 2F to return the item and report back to Lighthalzen Tavern to complete the quest.
Reward: 1000 zenny

5-1.
Objective: Go to the centre of North Elmeth Plateau to trigger a scene. Report back to the Tavern to complete the quest.
Reward: 2000 zenny

5-2.
Objective: You need to collect 4-Leaf Clover x1. (Dropped by Mandragora, White Plant. Beware: Very LOW drop rate)

5-3.
Objective: Go to Mjolnir Mines to trigger a scene upon entering. go to Mjolnir Mines 2F top left area to trigger yet another scene. Defeat the Skeleton Workers x3 to save the miners. Report back to the Tavern upon completion.
Reward: 2500 zenny

5-4.
Objective: Collect Skyblue Jewel x1 (not too sure... but the requested jewel is dropped by Alice)
Reward: Hairstyle 4

5-5.
Objective: Collect Tarou Card x1.
Reward: Hornet Card (str +3, atk +3)

5-6.
Objective: Talk to the giant swordsman NPC to begin quest. Go to Mjolnir Mines 2F to search for 3 miner NPCs. They can be found on the top half of the map (mostly by the dead-ends). Report back to the swordsman NPC after finding all of them.
Reward: Helm (8 def, 1-slot)

6-1.
Objective: After accepting the quest, go to these places in sequence to find an NPC with a dog beside them; Prontera Tool Shop -> Prontera Inn -> Prontera Tavern.
Reward: Sapphire x1

6-2.
Begin quest: Prontera Inn 1F
Objective: Talk to the Acolyte NPC on the right. Choose the 1st option when given a choice.
Reward: Male Acolyte NPC will join your guild.

6-3.
Objective: Collect Wolf Card x1 and report back.
Reward: Golden Thief Bug Card x1

6-4.
Objective: Talk to the Archer standing by the entrance. She will ask you a lot of questions (about 10 or so... I can't remember the answers... you'll have to test them out yourselves).
Reward: Female Archer NPC joins your guild.

6-5.
Begin quest: Prontera swordsman Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be a swordsman Class
Objective: Go to West Prontera Forest (should be the top left area...) to trigger a scene with a Wanderman. Defeat it and report back to the guild.
Reward: Job EXP

6-6.
Begin quest: Prontera Magician Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be a Magician Class
Objective: Go to the left end of Geffen Bridge to fight an Alice, a Peco Peco and a Tarou. Report back to the guild.

7-1.
Begin quest: Prontera Thief Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be a Thief Class and have defeated Detardeurus (the giant red dragon) in main story plot.
Objective: Go to the Yusidra Caves (2nd part) to trigger a scene with a Mimic. Defeat it and report back to the guild.

7-2.
Begin quest: Prontera Archer Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be an Archer Class
Objective: Go to West Prontera Forest (middle right to top right area) to trigger a scene with a Drainliar. It will run away and summon 4 more Drainliars. Defeat all of them and report back to the guild.

7-3.
Begin quest: Own Guild Base
Requirement: Requires Main Character, Sierra (shaman), and Lucifi (swordsman) to be in party.
Objective: Talk to Sierra in the guild base to trigger a scene. She suddenly feels like going to pray on East Mt. Mjolnir. On your way there, you will trigger a scene with some adventurers saying there are monsters on the mountain top. Go to the top to find a Grizzly. Defeat it and Sierra will pray. After that, she will give you Yggdrasil Leaf x3. This completes the quest. Please note that if you do not have space for the leaves, you will have to go back to the guild to talk to Sierra to get them after you have made space for them.
Reward: Yggdrasil Leaf x3

7-4.
Objective: After accepting the quest, go to Prontera Tool Shop to look for a NPC. The NPC will ask for x1 Topaz (dropped by Sandman). Get it for him and go to Prontera Tavern to find a Golden-haired NPC. Report back after talking to him.
Reward: 5000 zenny

7-5.
Begin quest: Prontera Merchant Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be a Merchant Class
Objective: Speak to the blonde woman to the right. She will ask for a Diamond 1ct. Get it for her to complete the quest.

7-6.
Begin quest: Prontera Acolyte Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be an Acolyte Class
Objective: Go to Mjolnir Dead Pit (entrance to B2F) to fight a Mini Demon. Report back to the guild.

8-1.
Begin quest: Prontera Taekwon Guild
Requirement: Main Character must be a Taekwon Class
Objective: Go to Sograt Desert North (just a few steps down) to fight a Minorous. Defeat it and report back to the guild.

8-2.
Begin quest: Own Guild Headquarters
Requirement: Must complete main story first. Lisir (magician) must be in party.
Objective: Enter your own guild to trigger a scene. After that, go to the Prontera Magician Guild to trigger yet another scene. Check to see if you have the quest at hand after the scene. Go to the left end of Geffen Bridge to trigger the last scene before you battle a Tarou changed from Lisir's master's other apprentice. Defeat her and report back to Lisir's master in the Magician Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: 3500 zenny

8-3.
Requirement: Must complete side quest 8-2
Objective: Begin the quest by entering your own guild with Lisir (magician) and triggering a scene. After that, go to the Magician Guild to trigger another scene with Lisir's master. Go to the left end of Geffen Bridge to trigger a scene with Lisir's master. She will change into a Thara Frog and battle you. Defeat her to complete the quest.
Reward: 5000 zenny, Lisir's Affection Rate up to "Buddy".

8-4.
Requirement: Must complete main story first
Objective: Begin the quest by entering your own guild with Viselc (thief) and triggering a scene. After that, go to the Thief Guild to trigger yet another scene and you will be brought to Morroc automatically after the scene. Go to Morroc Weapon Shop to find a green-haired NPC. After that, go to South Sograt Desert (the plateau area) to trigger a scene with 3 Goblins. Defeat them and report back to Morroc Weapon Shop to complete the quest
Reward: 5500 zenny, Viselc's Affection Rate up to "Buddy"

8-5.
Requirement: Sierra (shaman), Lisir (magician) have to be in party
Objective: Talk to Lisir in the guild base to trigger the quest. Lisir will give you a fake potion which is said to make you grow taller, but changes the way you talk instead. Thus, in order to find the antidote, go to the Prontera Magician Guild to seek help. You will be asked to find Holy Water x2 and Panacea Bottle x2. Report back to the Magician Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: Greaves (1-slot shoes)

8-6.
Requirement: Viselc (Thief) and Lisir (Magician) have to be in party
Objective: Begin the quest by entering your guild's main hall. After that, go to Ant Hell 1F (middle right area) to trigger a scene with a Golden Thief Bug. Defeat it and report back at Prontera Inn.

9-1.
Requirement: Lucifi (swordsman) and Viselc (thief) to be in party
Objective: Go to the Lost Desert. To get to the spring, go right, up, right, down, left, 3x up all the way until you reach the spring. Defeat 3 Hordes and report back to the Tavern to complete the quest.

9-2.
Requirement: Viselc (thief) and Main Character have to be in party.
Objective: Trigger the quest by talking to Viselc. After that, go to Morroc Weapon Shop to trigger another scene. Go to South Sograt Desert (the plateau area) to trigger a final scene with a Wanderer. Defeat him and report back to the Weapon Shop to complete the quest.
Reward: None

9-3.
Requirement: Lucifi (swordsman) to be in party. Talk to Lucifi to trigger the quest.
Objective: Has a request for your guild. Go to East Prontera Forest (as always, top left at the lake) to fight a Skeleton Worker and 2 Poison Spores. Report back to the Order of Knights.

9-4.
Objective: After accepting the quest, go to the Lost Desert. Go east, north, east, south, west, north, north, north to reach the deepest area. Trigger a scene in the top right corner. Report back to the Tavern after the scene.

9-5.
Requirement: Must complete main story plot, Lucifi (swordsman) must be in party
Objective: Trigger a scene by entering the guild base with Lucifi. After that, go to the Prontera Culvert 4F to fight a Sohee. Defeat her to complete the quest.
Reward: 10,000 zenny, Lucifi Affection Rate up "Buddy"

9-6.
Requirement: Need to have the Broken Sword (key item) from side quest 3-5
Objective: This quest requires the player to run around many of the cities a lot of times. If you would like to save time, try investing in a lot of Butterfly Wings.
-Talk to the Old Man NPC in the Tavern to start the quest. Choose the 1st option followed by the 2nd option, and the old man will disappear.
-After that, go to Prontera Inn to find him. He will ask for a Tooth of Bat. Choose the 1st option followed by the 2nd option again, and he will disappear again.
-Go to Juno Weapon Shop to find him. He will ask for an Orc Fang, Choose the same option as the above and the same thing will happen again...
-Go to Morroc Tavern to find him. He will ask for a Cursed Ruby. 1st choice 2nd choice... and poof again...
-Go to Geffen Tool Shop to find him. He will ask for a Skull. 1st choice 2nd choice... poof... zZz...
-Finally, return to Lighthalzen Tavern to find him. Bring him a Yggdrasil Leaf. Choose the 1st option. He will reveal that he is actually the Ancient Sword's Soul. He will return to the Ancient Sword to let it shine once again.
Reward: Grimtooth (Dagger, ATK 180, DEF -50%, FLEE +20)

10-1.
Begin quest: Morroc Inn
Objectives: Talk to the NPC to start the quest. Go to North Sograt Desert (the bottom platform area), you will trigger a scene with a Minorous and a defeated Taekwon. Defeat it and you will be given a choice with the Taekwon. Choose the 1st option and the young Taekwon will join your guild.
Reward: Male Taekwon Kid joins your guild

10-2.
Requirements: Lisir (magician) to be in party
Objectives: This is the job change quest for Lisir. When she is job level 30, and without any other on-going quests, bring Lisir to the Magician Guild to trigger a scene. After that, go to Mjolnir Mines 3F bottom right corner to trigger a scene. You will receive an item, bring that item back to the Magician Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: Lisir becomes a Wizard

10-3.
Requirements: Viselc (thief) to be in party
Objectives: This is a job change quest for Viselc. When he is job level 30, with no other quests on-going, bring Viselc to the Thief Guild to trigger a scene. After that, go to Morroc Tavern to look for an NPC with a cap. Go to Ant Hell 2F bottom right hand corner area to look for a green book on the ground. Pick up the book and bring it back to the Thief Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: Viselc becomes an Assassin

10-4.
Begin quest: Prontera Swordsman Guild
Requirements: Lucifi (swordsman) to be in party
Objectives: This is a job change quest for Lucifi. When he is job level 30, with no other quests at hand, bring Lucifi to the swordsman Guild to trigger a scene. After that, go to Prontera Culvert 4F slightly left top corner (the area where you found the fallen magician while doing finding GTB in main story plot). You will trigger a scene with a monster (forgot the name... sorry...). Defeat it and report back to the swordsman Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: Lucifi becomes a Knight

10-5.
Begin quest: Prontera Swordsman Guild
Requirements: Recruited Swordsman (apart from Lucifi) to be in party, job level 30 and above, affection rate to be "Friend"
Objectives: Go to Prontera swordsman Guild to look for an NPC to start the quest. After that, with just you and the recruited swordsman only, go to West Prontera Forest to look for a monster by the top left corner. Report back to the swordsman Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: Job EXP + recruited Swordsman affection rate up "Buddy" (able to job change)

10-6.
Requirements: Recruited Magician (apart from Lisir) to be in party, job level 30 and above, affection rate to be "Friend"
Objectives: Bring the recruited Magician to the Magician Guild to look for an NPC to start the quest. After that, go to Geffen Bridge (left end) to trigger a scene with a monster. Defeat it, and report back to the Magician Guild to complete the quest.
Reward: Job EXP + recruited Magician affection rate up "Buddy" (able to job change)

11-1.
Begin quest: Thief Guild
Requirements: A recruited Thief ("Friend" status and NOT Viselc) must be in your party. Talk to the guy with the hat.
Objectives: Deliver some magazines to Prontera Weapon Shop, Juno Item Shop and Morroc Inn (2nd floor). Report back at the Thief Guild.
Reward: Job EXP + Thief's affection rate up to "Buddy".

11-2.
Only take an Acolyte ("Friend") to the Acolyte Guild and talk to
the NPC there. The NPC will ask you to take care of a monster in
Prontera Culvert B4F. Then report back to the NPC in the Acolyte Guild.

11-3.
Only take an Archer ("Friend") to the Archer Guild and talk to
the NPC there. Go to the lower right hand corner of East Prontera Woods,
then go up one screen and defeat the monsters there.
Afterwards, report back to the NPC in the Archer Guild.

11-4.
Begin Quest: Merchant Guild
Requirements: Bring only a recruited Merchant with "Friend" status and talk to Biger (to the left).
Objectives: Go to Juno Inn (2nd floor) to deliver 15 Zargon and 5 Ogre Tooth. Report back at Merchant Guild.
Reward: Job Exp, Merchant's relationship up to "Buddy" status.

11-5.
Only take a Taekwon Kid ("Friend") to the Taekwon Guild and talk to
the NPC there. Then go to the top of Mt. Mjolnir (East) and defeat the monster there.
Report back to the NPC in the Taekwon Guild.

11-6.
You must be a Swordsman with a Job Level 40+ to start this quest.
After you met the requirement, go talk to the NPC behind the counter
in the Order of Knights. He will ask you for 20 Garlets.
Deliver 20 Garlets to him and you will finish this quest.

12-1.
???

12-2.
???

12-3.
Begin quest: Juno Item Shop
Requirements: Main Character must be an Acolyte Job Lvl 40+ or Priest
Objectives: Defeat Dracula in SomaLab B1F (largest room). Report back at Juno Item Shop.
Reward: Rosario (0 slots) [yes, what a shame, a lousy Rosario!]

12-4.
???

12-5.
???

12-6.
???

14-1.
???

14-2.
???

14-3.
Begin quest: Swordsman Guild
Requirements: Main Char must be a Dark Knight with Job-Lvl 20+. Talk to the Wizard at the left to start the quest.
Objectives: Defeat Hydrolancer in Glast Heim (Castle entrance). Report back at Swordsman Guild.
Reward: Tyrfing (1H-Sword, 3 slots)

14-4.
Begin quest: Acolyte Guild.
Requirements: Main Char must be a Shaman with a Job-Lvl 20+. Talk to the Mysterious Shaman.
Objectives: Go to the mid-west part of Yusidra Caves (2nd part) and a cut-scene will occur. You will then receive a book. Rreport back at the Acolyte Guild.
Reward: Ancient Shaman Documents (Story item)

14-5.
Begin quest: Prontera Inn
Requirements: Sierra (Shaman) must be in party. Talk to Edwin to trigger the quest.
Objectives: Find Falphone in Lighthalzen Inn. Report back at Prontera Inn.
Reward: Nothing

14-6.
Begin quest: Glast Heim Castle (Throne room)
Requirements: Must have finished Story first. Sierra must be in your party.
Objectives: Go to Glast Heim Castle (Throne room) to trigger a scene.
Reward: Vidofnir Wing ("Riches", Story item)

15-1.
Requirements: Must have completed Quest 9-3 first. Have Lucifi (Swordsman) and Sierra (Shaman) in your party. In the Guild Headquarters talk to Lucifi.
Objectives: Defeat a Khalitzburg and 2 Skeleton Workers in East Prontera Woods (this time bottom right corner) and report back to Order of Knights.
Reward: Hardcover Book (4 slots)

15-2.
Requirements: Have Lisir (Magician) and Sierra (Shaman) in your party. Talk to Sierra to trigger the quest.
Objectives: Go to SomaLab B3F (Just down into the room) to fight 3 Raydric Archers. Report back at Prontera Blacksmith.
Reward: 10.000 zennies

15-3.
Requirements: (Main Char Assassin?). Have Viselc (Thief) and Sierra (Shaman) in your party. In the Guild Headquarters talk to Viselc in the restroom.
Objectives: Defeat Owl Baron in El Mes Gorge - South (centre of map) and report back to the Thiefs Guild.
Reward: Zweihander (3 slots)

micado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lelouch said:
Wow, I couldn't have paid someone for a better answer lol. Thanks a lot.. you have no idea..I will keep playing and learning and let you know how everything turns out. You rock!!!
Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate it.

QUOTE(Lelouch @ Mar 13 2010, 10:12 AM) another one if you don't mind. If I was to change jobs again, could I just go to higher lvl monsters and let my party kill them so I get a lot of exp fast? or what's the best way to get your lvl back up after changing jobs?
It's absolutely necessary to collect some good "trainee" gear and weapon first, which for example are:
- one of the better SHORT-swords +3 (not 1h-sword, novices can't use them!!!)
- the "Cloth Hat" is the best helm you can get for novices (unfortunately there is only 1 in a chest somewhere and nowhere else!)
therefore you have to use the best you can buy in shops until you get it.
- the "Adventurers Suit" is the best possible armor for novices
- see to get first a Peco Peco card (+5% HP, Desert), later a Remover card (+200HP, Laighthalzen) and
finally a Succubus card (+700 HP, Glast Heim)
- the "Hood" is the best Cloak novices can use
- "Shoes" at first, later go killing Zealotuses in Glast Heim for some "Sleipnir" (best shoes)

...then, for your first 10 lvls go to Ysidra caves (1st part only!) and kill 3-4 Beetles, that's it.

After switching to your desired new class, change to some better gear (sorry, every class has it's own "best" gear and weapon)
Go back to Ysidra Caves (2nd part this time, must have your own guild at this time, because only this story-quest unlocks the 2nd part!) and kill Bonguns and Sohees (in the last "chamber" 2 will spawn very frequently) until you reach your desired JOB-Lvl (around lvl. 42-45 you should have JOB-lvl 30). It's wasted time to go higher than 30 for your JOB-lvl, because
1-2 Limit Breaks are worth nothing! (the higher the attribute lvl, the higher the attribute costs. 1 point improving STR will cost you 10 attribute-points and every Limit Break "just" gives you 20 points more to distribute).
After you've switched to the 2nd class, go back to Ysidra Caves until you are around 54-30 and ready for the next Limit Break (yes, this will take some time)

To lvl-up faster, you have to unlock Glast Heim (last area to unlock and this itself will take you some time, sorry)
OR you do some Mirage Tower runs, which will give your main char quite some EXP and definately better gear and weapons.
As already mentioned, I personally brought my very first main char (Hunter) to lvl 75 before doing any Limit Break.

...hope this clears it up for you.

Porygonal

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops!Looks like I'm a little late on this one,lol.Damn ^thats looooong^lol But if you're playing online... I do not ever recommend botting... You'll get banned,trust me,cuz I did.lol Well,looks like he told you everything you need to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-