Gaming Ragnarok Online 2

Kamiyama

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Who's excited?! Who's gonna play it?! At least, after almost 10 years of waiting, it's here, in English and on Steam!

I'm big fan of original RO. Sure, turning it to full 3D MMO isn't so hot, since graphics engine is pretty outdated by now (years of Korean beta testing). Graphics doesn't make the game. Still, I'm currently downloading! I've tested AsianSoft version of it since it was in English, but lag was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge since servers was in Asia. Even bigger than when I was a closed beta tester in first "chibi version" in Korean version before they did full remake based it more to first Ragnarok Online. It was pretty fun and hopefully I can (hopefully) FINALLY play this without lag and fully English!

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Didn't they re-release it, put it out in beta, pull it out of beta, put it on beta again, close it down, re-open it as a new project and things like that for 4-5 times?

I can't believe they actually finished it! :O I remember playing an early beta (2006?) and it was total uninspired crap.

I looked into it since I created one of the biggest unofficial RO servers in Italy back then... those were the days :lol:

D

Deleted User

the game is not available on steam where i live, I guess RO2 will be part of the long list of mmos that banned Brazil

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
played it when it went open beta this january.

I gone up to level 30+ as rogue. I quit then, it was boring. I can solo everything except dungeon Khara quests and raid bosses. Cards are equipped to the character, not the equipment. there's not much uniqueness from what i've seen so far. I also found the camera view annoying. Not sure if it was fixed.
Didn't try out the pvp.

Not sure if the exp and droprate will be the same once it releases. I don't want to bother finding out.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I keep posting this on Steam. Seems to gain mass-support so far. (despite the thread getting deleted)

I figured i'd drop this for any curious about it.

This is a completely new game with references to Ragnarok Online, however game itself plays -nothing- like Ragnarok Online.

1: Linear progression. You've got your level 5 armor set and weapon, your level 10 armor set and weapon, your level...etc. Gear is used to stat stack the stuff you need. Don't worry though! there's not much variety so you're sure to stack the stats you need.

2: No real character customization. This pesky feature was removed because gamers of today are too stupid to build a character (apparently). You CAN allocate stats, but compared to RO1 it's maybe 20/80 distribute/gear. As opposed to RO1 where it's about 80/20. You CAN allocate skills...but as free as it seems, you'll be boosting the same skills as everyone else. No builds. You are that class and that is it.

3: Combat is a 'faceroll keyboard till stuff stops doing what it was previously attempting to do' system. Player skill? Another pesky feature removed because, again, we're all too stupid to figure a new (or improved old) system out. It must conform.
CONFORM.

4: Skill variety. Want skills that all do unique and interesting things? Too bad. Your meager brain can't handle the depth and intrigue. Deal with it. All your skills do the same thing, or combo off other things. (okay i'm being harsh here, but i'm not far off, skillsets all operate in a 1-2-3 style)

5: Cards having all unique effects was time consuming and difficult for the simpleton plebs to figure out. Cards now give stat boosts, and are monstrously easeir to get. Want fire element armor? Too bad. Wait what the hell is an element? This game has those?
Oh. No it doesn't. Actually-

6: No races or elements. This was way too damn hard to program. Also

7: Defense is defense. You deal physical damage? Def blocks that. You deal magic damage? Def blocks that. Yes. It's one stat, because taking a broadsword to the face is the exact same as taking a meteor to the face.

8: Crit build? Dodge build? Battle prie- what are you some kind of mad scientist? Too complicated. Your class is an iron fortress, please do not hope to penetrate its confines.
Resistance is futile, etc etc. Stat allocation allows for some meager management, but there's "viable" build and then there's "Well if you really want to..." builds.

9: Mounts! Mounts everywhere! Mounts are no longer special, nor interesting. They're everywhere, and you can't fight on it. Other MMOs do it! We have to conform!
Eugh. Yeah, pet and mount classes are now abolished. It would make the whole rock-paper-faceroll system a little harder and there's not much point to a mobile class, or one who uses a pet, given the systems in place.

10: This is my biggest gripe. Ragnarok Online's map system was interesting. You had a map, and on that map, monsters spawned all over the place. Some in specific parts, some all over, all in varying quantities.
This meant people had to look for maps they needed to go to, as well as find ways to them. You could even accidentally stumble upon a map far above your capabilities. It was fun, interesting, unique.
Those are 3 taboo words, and that's why it was abolished. Enjoy tight mob camps and linear map travelling. Life is an adventure, so make sure to follow that straight line and so help me god if you leave it we'll rip your fu-

anyway

I could go on for years really. Ragnarok Online 1 was a stellar game (and still is honestly) in several regards. Ragnarok Online 2 is nothing like the first, absolutely nothing. It has references, and that's all you'll see. If you wanted an awesome, new and improved RO with better graphics, you've reached the wrong station.

TL;DR - RUN
RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Basically I hate it. Complete shit MMO.

Reactions: Fyrus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 1080p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality