Ragnarok Online 2

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Kamiyama, May 2, 2013.

1. Kamiyama
    OP

Kamiyama GBAtemp Fan

Mar 14, 2007
    Finland
    Who's excited?! Who's gonna play it?! At least, after almost 10 years of waiting, it's here, in English and on Steam!

I'm big fan of original RO. Sure, turning it to full 3D MMO isn't so hot, since graphics engine is pretty outdated by now (years of Korean beta testing). Graphics doesn't make the game. Still, I'm currently downloading! I've tested AsianSoft version of it since it was in English, but lag was huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge since servers was in Asia. Even bigger than when I was a closed beta tester in first "chibi version" in Korean version before they did full remake based it more to first Ragnarok Online. It was pretty fun and hopefully I can (hopefully) FINALLY play this without lag and fully English!

2. Fyrus

Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

Jul 6, 2010
    France
    Marseille - France
    It isn't at the same level of depth of the original RO though ... (which I still play)

3. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

Apr 21, 2008
    London, UK
    Ragnarok without lag? That's like WoW without trolls. It's not the same.

Edit: also, free to play on Steam...

4. raulpica

raulpica With your drill, thrust to the sky!

Supervisor
    Oct 23, 2007
    Italy
    PowerLevel: 9001
    Didn't they re-release it, put it out in beta, pull it out of beta, put it on beta again, close it down, re-open it as a new project and things like that for 4-5 times?

I can't believe they actually finished it! :O I remember playing an early beta (2006?) and it was total uninspired crap.

I looked into it since I created one of the biggest unofficial RO servers in Italy back then... those were the days :lol:

5. WatchGintama

WatchGintama GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 22, 2009
    United States
    The first RO was great. I had the all the needed PvP/Woe card/equipment (tao gunka, amon ra, thanatos, gtb, etc etc.) This RO2 looks really bad though.

6. GamerzHell9137

GamerzHell9137 GBAtemp Psycho!

Nov 1, 2011
    Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Tried it.
    It sucks.

7. KooPako

KooPako Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 30, 2012
    United States
    the game is not available on steam where i live, I guess RO2 will be part of the long list of mmos that banned Brazil

8. Narayan

Narayan desu~

Sep 29, 2010
    played it when it went open beta this january.

I gone up to level 30+ as rogue. I quit then, it was boring. I can solo everything except dungeon Khara quests and raid bosses. Cards are equipped to the character, not the equipment. there's not much uniqueness from what i've seen so far. I also found the camera view annoying. Not sure if it was fixed.
    Didn't try out the pvp.

Not sure if the exp and droprate will be the same once it releases. I don't want to bother finding out.

9. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

pip Contributor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Hells Malice is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Apr 9, 2009
    Canada
    I keep posting this on Steam. Seems to gain mass-support so far. (despite the thread getting deleted)

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Basically I hate it. Complete shit MMO.

Fyrus likes this.