Hacking R4YSauto

Deimos Angel

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok I have 2 problems. I have an n5 card and i want to play on the new mario and luggi bowser story game. And it doesnt work so i needed to patch it or something like that. Anyways.

I have downloaded r4ysauto and ysmenu. Now, when i run the file r4.bat and i choose the language option and the flashcard option i get the following message.

An error has ocurred when extracting the neccesary files. please check if there is enough free space and if the program has access to the disk. this program will now close. How Do i solve that?

After that i just out of curiosity i tried to open the game with the ysmenu but i get the error message saying "r4patch.dat NO_BOOT_LOADER"

Please help me
frown.gif

shankz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I ran the program that gives you the r4.bat program, and made it set up ysmenu as a .nds file. Dropped them all in the root directiry of my r4, and just went to play games. My r4 is from r4isdhc.com

yellowperil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I to have a r4isdhc (red 1.4), and would love to have a guide on how to do this.

I was looking at dscovered and thought that would be great, but it requires ysmenu I believe.

manofchance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am kind of a noob with this stuff so I wanted a step by step thing. I have the R4 revolution chip. I have the R4YSanto, the clean game Kingdom hearts, and the YS menu, I currently have both the YSMenu and the clean game in the R4YSanto file. Where do I put each of these files? Please help I have been trying to fix this for a while
hate2.gif

Thanks!

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
The R4YSAuto is fairly step by step as it is. Just put the ysmenu zip and DSTT firmware in the same folder as the .bat and run the .bat file. The rest is just answering the questions that the .bat asks and moving all of the stuff from the zip file that is spit out onto a microSD.

manofchance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
The R4YSAuto is fairly step by step as it is. Just put the ysmenu zip and DSTT firmware in the same folder as the .bat and run the .bat file. The rest is just answering the questions that the .bat asks and moving all of the stuff from the zip file that is spit out onto a microSD.
I unzipped both folders (YsMenu and the R4YSauto) does this affect it? and do you just put these folders in the front with the other files (i.e. system, games, and etc)?

manofchance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
You don't need to unzip ysmenu (I think r4ysauto takes it as a zip if I remember correctly), and yes you do put all of the folders right in the front.
Also What is the DSTT firmware and .bat

(Thanks for the help and p.s. I lied I am not a noob I am a super noob
yaynds.gif
)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
If you are using an R4 original, my mini ysmenu generator is fairly easy to use (only bad part is that I'm very lazy and rarely fix up the other parts, but the YSMenu generator for the R4 should work out perfectly fine).

You will still need the ysmenu (just directly from the download) along with the DSTT firmware (http://www.happydone.com/download/slot-1/tt/os/v1.17a12/ttmenu_en.7z here is the link), but meh I think my generator is almost noob friendly once you know where to get ysmenu and what DSTT is (along with what flashcart you have)

Also, for later reference, you should call the "front with the other files" the "root" of the microSD if you will, it will save confusion later on as long as you know what the term is (I once try explaining something to someone who didn't know what it was...it was a hard thing to do).

manofchance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jurassicplayer said:
If you are using an R4 original, my mini ysmenu generator is fairly easy to use (only bad part is that I'm very lazy and rarely fix up the other parts, but the YSMenu generator for the R4 should work out perfectly fine).

You will still need the ysmenu (just directly from the download) along with the DSTT firmware (http://www.happydone.com/download/slot-1/tt/os/v1.17a12/ttmenu_en.7z here is the link), but meh I think my generator is almost noob friendly once you know where to get ysmenu and what DSTT is (along with what flashcart you have)

Also, for later reference, you should call the "front with the other files" the "root" of the microSD if you will, it will save confusion later on as long as you know what the term is (I once try explaining something to someone who didn't know what it was...it was a hard thing to do).

I now have the zipped r4ysauto in the root, the zipped YSMenu is in the r4ysauto and the DSTT is in the r4ysauto (p.s. I tries putting the DSTT into the YSMenu but it didn't work) it still doesn't work! (P.s. I have the r4 revolution if that helps)

jurassicplayer

Completionist Themer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
http://filetrip.net/f10973-Mini-YSMenu-Generator-0-4.html

Use this. There will be two browse [...] where you need to browse to the ysmenu and ttmenu respectively (straight from the download). Then click the "Execute Homebrew" if you have the R4 firmware already on your microSD (one step at a time), otherwise click the "R4 Firmware" (or some such similar button). Then just wait until it stops with something saying "dldi header not found" (or something similar, I don't know it off the top of my head), and then a folder will pop up. Highlight the things in this folder and drag-n-drop onto the root of your microSD.

If it works correctly, you should be able to put it in your R4 and it will work (there won't be anything much to do, but once its working, everything else is easy)

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
SPX said:
eVERYTIME I try to run a rom it says Error DLDI No Soportado(Error DLDI Not Supported) I'm using R4i RTS+SDHC any help?
1.YSMenu supports R4 clones only
2.R4i RTS is the one made by M3,they support your card,use their firmware
smile.gif

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Juffie70 said:
This al doesn't work on r4i gold voor my dsi xl
wacko.gif
if your R4i Gold is an Acekard clone (Danny Phantom icon) it won't work and most likely AKYSauto won't either (it might make a YSmenu that runs, but it will not play games)
if your R4i Gold is an DSTT clone (Star Wars Lethal Alliance icon) you have to use TTYSauto

there are many different R4i Gold named clones out there

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch