Hacking R4YSauto

Version2.0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I'm a complete noob to this. Wanted to buy my friend an R4 for christmas, but looks like I got a clone (R4 DS SDHC - hangs on loading screen) so this looked promising. However, maybe I'm just being dense but I really have no clue what I'm doing.

I downloaded r4ysauto and unzipped it.
I downloaded YSMenu0810211800.
I copied this zip file into the same directory as r4ysauto.
Ran R4 config (chose english, R4, overwrite automatically, Yes to the skin bit, English again, then number 2 as was recommended);
Ran R4;
Got a R4_Custom_English zip file,
Copied this onto the microSD card - on the root bit, not in a folder;
Tried running it, still hangs on the loading screen.

I've noticed lots of references to some sort of TT thing - I genuinelly have no idea what's going on, so any help would be appreciated! Am I supposed to fiddle with the files in the SYSTEM bit (I copied them from my current flash card, which works fine) or be renaming or unzipping somewhere? I'm also using Vista, but would this seriously account for the difference?

Thanks in advance!

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Version2.0 said:
Hi,

I'm a complete noob to this. Wanted to buy my friend an R4 for christmas, but looks like I got a clone (R4 DS SDHC - hangs on loading screen) so this looked promising. However, maybe I'm just being dense but I really have no clue what I'm doing.

Ran R4 config (chose english, R4, overwrite automatically, Yes to the skin bit, English again, then number 2 as was recommended);
Ran R4;

I've noticed lots of references to some sort of TT thing - I genuinelly have no idea what's going on, so any help would be appreciated! Am I supposed to fiddle with the files in the SYSTEM bit (I copied them from my current flash card, which works fine) or be renaming or unzipping somewhere? I'm also using Vista, but would this seriously account for the difference?

Thanks in advance!

this is happening to me as well, anyone explain why

cheers

Valivin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. I did everything as i was supposed to do.
But everytime I try to boot something it says: ERROR r4patch.dat NO_BOOT_LOADER

Help plz?

digitalforums

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
digitalforums said:
Version2.0 said:
Hi,

Ran R4;

Thanks in advance!

this is happening to me as well, anyone explain why

cheers

just to update, while i was trying this it stuffed my sd card up and then would not read properly, so i tried all last night to get it to work with no joy, put the sd card in my phone and formatted it, copied everything back over to it and now it works?

Splunge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed YSMenu as option 4 on my R4-III and it runs fine except when I try to run any games, I get the following error:

r4patch.dat
NO_BOOT_LOADER

I verified that r4patch.dat exists in TTMenu.

Any suggestions as to the cause? I searched the forum and there's no similar error reported. :/

gokuguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an official R4 Vol. 2 (as far as i know official, yipee!!!)What files do you need in the root of ur sd card? Do you only need TTMenu folder & _DS_Menu.dat or do you need files like moonshl folder, DS_MSHL & the others on R4 as well? I chose the option to make it an actual firmware.

evantide1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do I update the cheat list? Whenever I try and patch with the most recent database, the DS freezes on me when I turn it on. When I try and manually add the codes, none of the cheats will show up.

Edit: Figured it out. Apparently, just renaming the CHEAT.DAT file top USRCHEAT is not enough. I have to download the USRCHEAT.DAT from the database to work. I can't edit it or anything though. ANyone have a solution for that?

Porkdish

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Is it possible to hack the r4 1.18 firmware, so that when pressing the 'files' button it loads YSmenu? I already use the middle 'media/moonshell' button to load my ebook reader.

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
OP
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
gokuguy said:
I have an official R4 Vol. 2 (as far as i know official, yipee!!!)What files do you need in the root of ur sd card? Do you only need TTMenu folder & _DS_Menu.dat or do you need files like moonshl folder, DS_MSHL & the others on R4 as well? I chose the option to make it an actual firmware.
_DS_MENU.DAT en TTmenu is all you need
smile.gif

evantide1 said:
How do I update the cheat list? Whenever I try and patch with the most recent database, the DS freezes on me when I turn it on. When I try and manually add the codes, none of the cheats will show up.

Edit: Figured it out. Apparently, just renaming the CHEAT.DAT file top USRCHEAT is not enough. I have to download the USRCHEAT.DAT from the database to work. I can't edit it or anything though. ANyone have a solution for that?
To edit CHEAT.DAT you need to decrypt it. But it's easier to just use USRCHEAT.DAT. Also, you should use R4cce, it's said to be the best.
QUOTE(Porkdish @ Dec 21 2008, 11:48 AM)
Is it possible to hack the r4 1.18 firmware, so that when pressing the 'files' button it loads YSmenu? I already use the middle 'media/moonshell' button to load my ebook reader.
It's never been done. But you can use default.nds to make it start automatically. If you hold the B button in time it will stop loading, allowing you to boot Slot-2 or start your ebook reader.

Kerian

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm when I use the latest DSTT Firmware, everything will compile just fine, but it won't load on my DS :/ (M3Simply and R4, real one (bought years before the fake ones appeared XD)).

Pendor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kerian said:
Hmm when I use the latest DSTT Firmware, everything will compile just fine, but it won't load on my DS :/ (M3Simply and R4, real one (bought years before the fake ones appeared XD)).

The latest DSTT firmware does not work in YSMenu.

Ultramojones

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So to use R4YSauto:

1) Place latest YSMenu zip in same folder as R4YSauto
- Optional: Place R4 Theme in 'skin' folder to use it directly
2) Run r4config.bat
3) Configure as desired
4) Run r4.bat
5) Extract the new zip folder
6) Place in R4
7) Win?

Is this right? Anything missing or out of order?

NISAN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
When there will be the new version the of r4ysauto that/because I wait for both to the new codes and to the new things that the new version will be able to do the mother it was possible to play in the games 2048 bit in the next version wait for the answer thank you in advance!!

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
YSMenu will not work with the latest version of DSTT so you'll need to use the version before the last which implemented flashcart clone killer code which prevents the firmware from working on non-dstt cards.

Lord Axonn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks! I can finnally play newer games on my R4. Just one request: Can you make it look like an R4 MEnu? I liked that alot.

Posts merged

Thanks! I can finnally play newer games on my R4. Just one request: Can you make it look like an R4 MEnu? I liked that alot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo