Hacking R4's Pissing me off

Vikinglax18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I loaded all the files on to get it going and fired it up. it worked the first time no prob, but i could access games for some reason, it wouldn't let me get in. I went through, and i think I may have done something to mess up the moonshell file? Now when i put it in and fire my ds up it says "couldn't find _DS_MENU.DAT" when its on there.

this is really frustrating me right now. please help

S

spectral

just format the sd card and then redownload the firmware and copy the files to the sd card.

Vikinglax18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do you format the sd card? I'm really new to this stuff, i know what it means, but how do you go about doing it? I suck with computers badly my man

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Put the micro sd card in the micro sd reader, connect it to your computer. Then right click on it in my computer and click format. Choose FAT32 and untick quick format if it's selected.

Vikinglax18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I start out by going to "game" it has 6 files.

MOONSHL
Dig Dug Digging Strike
Tetris (the two games i included)
_DS_MENU.DAT
_DS_MENU.SYS
_DS_MSHL.NDS
_DS_MSHL.SAV

Each time I click a game, it says "Error" This types of files currently not allowed to operate" in the little text box on the touch screen. it does this when i click both games. It says that for everything i click except the very top moonshl file, and the _DS_MSHL.NDS. When I click _DS_MSHL.NDS it says game loading, then goes to this Error page on both screen for a brif 2 seconds. The top screen just displays aton of extremely small text with numbers and letters, and scrolls down a bit while its on that screen. While that happens, the touch screen says "An error was detected while trying to access a disc or file. Please confirm the followings:

then it gives a list of a whole buncha things. Then moon shell opens up and displays each of those which it won't let me click.

then it did something wnere it says "processing Unicode" and its loading something up right now.

I dont know how to fix this man. I just wanna play some games. any remedies?

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
are your nds roms clean and do they end with .nds
unsure.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
don't access your games within moonshell, you have to access your games within the R4DS main menu, when you turn on your DS just select the "Game" section and locate your DS games, press A, it will first ask you to create a gamesave file, select ok and press A, the game loads, that's it.

watch the first part of this video, it will show you what i mean;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVhAWubGnj0

Vikinglax18

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got that settled. The only version I could get to work was the 1.08, but i'm putting the 1.09 as we speak, because it has better features. Also, what type of file do movie/video clips have to be in to be played back?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eb9aRPpmidM