• Replies 263
  • Likes 15

Bitchplease

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
this is so funny they grabbed everything out there and just lets you drag and drop it on your sd card..
amazingly stupid if people would buy this.

Dvdxploitr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL...This is a joke, right? I mean..the only thing that is good about this would be the dongle. If they are selling it for the same price as TX, then they are screwed. Going to be a TON of disappointed customers. Someone will buy it and read the PDF afterwards, then stumble across this forum and start reading about using LayeredFS and DevMenu only to realize they didn't need to pay for it. Customers would then write to R4 and complain about wasting $xx.xx on something they could have done for free.

Reactions: Bitchplease

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
missed oppurtiny to name change to R7 or even S7
you know, because 7 is better than 4, and the switch is a 7 inch tablet

(i believe its 7 inch?)

mariogamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LOL...This is a joke, right? I mean..the only thing that is good about this would be the dongle. If they are selling it for the same price as TX, then they are screwed. Going to be a TON of disappointed customers. Someone will buy it and read the PDF afterwards, then stumble across this forum and start reading about using LayeredFS and DevMenu only to realize they didn't need to pay for it. Customers would then write to R4 and complain about wasting $xx.xx on something they could have done for free.
You only pay for the dongle. Even tho they don't make it clear on the page.

xy-maps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Damn I'm still waiting for my SX Pro Dongle from shop01media... When I order this dongle it will arrive earlyer than my TX Dongle ^^

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You'd think that with R4, they'd make a Switch game cart that could load ROM's... Just like on the DS/3DS, but the technology for the Switch isn't there so they've decided to copy the SX PRO for the quick cash-in. :lol:

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Let's be clear: this is probably made from a team in China that has nothing to do with the original R4.

Precisely my point. AFAIK original R4 team didn't used timebombs on their devices (flashcarts), but when it went kaput many chinese groups created clones of those flashcarts with timebombs on them. This is a chinese product for sure so then?

And even if it's running hombrew, that's not an obstacle to add a timebomb into it.

6adget

GBAtemp's official atheist
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"120 mAh LIPO battey"
nope

So when I first saw the sx dongle i noticed the form factor. I figured the two barrel shapes on either side must be two electrolytic capacitors. In fact, that's what they were. Sometimes these are used to "clean" noise out of an electric pathway, but sometimes they are used as a sort of battery to give a component a boost at startup. take electric motors for instance. like a ceiling fan. It uses a large capacitor to get the motor up and spinning at startup. same thing for the sx dongle. it harvests a small amount of energy from the switch's USB port to get the components up and operational. So when I saw this dongle I noticed right away the it does not have the same shape, so therefore it must not have those caps. then I see your post about a battery and it all makes sense. it uses a battery instead of taking power from the switch. that small of a battery in no way can harm your USB port. In fact, it's a safer method for your switch. Although without having one of the dongles to reverse engineer it makes it impossible for me to say how safe it is overall. same goes for the sx. I repair electronics for a living and I can't tell you how often I see small companies like these that cut every corner that they can. not talking shit about either of them though. like i said, without having them in front of me I cannot tell how good or bad they are designed.

Reactions: JonJaded

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o