Hacking R4s Dongle issue

Faracov6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After lots of trial and error, I finally got it: The switch needs a Payload and a Jig so that it can boot to something like LineageOS.
I have been able to boot it, but always with my computer, never with the R4s I just got. How do I set it up exactly?
- It always boot in ArgonNX, but there's only a black screen and options like screenshot and bootin RCM mode
- Whatever file I put in it, once I plug it back on my computer, gets erased
- I have tried putting hekate.bin (renamed as payload.bin) in root, and under the /argon folder and yet still the same screen
- Speaking of which, the argon folder, gotten from the official website contains a 3mb .bmp that the dongle itself is too small to fit?

What am I doing wrong here? Help is appreciated!

D

Deleted User

After lots of trial and error, I finally got it: The switch needs a Payload and a Jig so that it can boot to something like LineageOS.
I have been able to boot it, but always with my computer, never with the R4s I just got. How do I set it up exactly?
- It always boot in ArgonNX, but there's only a black screen and options like screenshot and bootin RCM mode
- Whatever file I put in it, once I plug it back on my computer, gets erased
- I have tried putting hekate.bin (renamed as payload.bin) in root, and under the /argon folder and yet still the same screen
- Speaking of which, the argon folder, gotten from the official website contains a 3mb .bmp that the dongle itself is too small to fit?

What am I doing wrong here? Help is appreciated!
Where did you get Hekate? And your switch is probably in RCM if the screen stays black, I personally use fusee-launcher to launch payloads but a quick google search lead me into this;

Faracov6

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where did you get Hekate? And your switch is probably in RCM if the screen stays black, I personally use fusee-launcher to launch payloads but a quick google search lead me into this;

On the r4s website itself, there is a package with ArgonNX

D

Deleted User

On the r4s website itself, there is a package with ArgonNX
Try this;
put the bootloader into the root of your sd if you use atmosphere
GBATemp didn't post the file i sent :P

Attachments

• Hekate.zip
    577.3 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by ,
D

Deleted User

add these files to your dongle

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

then just rename hekate to just payload.bin and it should work
I already renamed hekate to payload and hekate ini is already configured (definitely not stolen from kosmos :P)

D

Deleted User

Argon isn't needed at all, currently Hekate is more easy and customizable. (Thanks to NYX)

Gingerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I did this (Switch is in Auto RCM) but I'm just getting the black ArgonNX v0.3 screen with the three options at the bottom for Screenshot, Power Off and Reboot RCM

Gingerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Was about to send the R4S dongle back as I can't install argon on it (file is too big).

When I make the argon package smaller by removing the large bmp image it disconnects and all the new files are gone.

I tried what you said re: moving the three zipped files and the dongle disconnects when I do that.

I moved the current hekate bin to the dongle and renamed it payload.bin and ejected and connected to Switch... black ArgonNX screen.

Put it back on my computer and the payload.bin has vanished.

Everything works fine usually using a payload injector on my computer and going in to hekate, but is there something I am missing on my sd card to make this work?

I am extremely confused.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Last edited by Gingerz,

Gingerz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I worked it out!

My hekate ini had been edited in Mac, which totally buggered it up.

Fixed it in PC and the hekate payload renamed as palyload.bin works just fine!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol