R4iTT Recovery?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by ragnavatar, Jan 17, 2013.

Jan 17, 2013

R4iTT Recovery? by ragnavatar at 1:33 PM (731 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. ragnavatar
    OP

Newcomer ragnavatar Member

Philippines
    I have this flashcart, R4iTT (the one with the new sticker) (since this is the only one available in my area without actually shipping) and it has been working great but yesterday it has crashed (hang at loading a game) and then when I restarted my 3ds, it shows "An error found, power off etc.". I tried the flashcart on my DSLite and it only shows a white screen.

I really need your help guys! Is there some way to recover or reflash my flashcart so that it would work again? I tried the one with DSTT but it says invalid card.

Thanks in advance!

2. Ryupower

Member Ryupower Brood

United States
    format the SD card and reinstall the system files(the kernel)

note:
    what Fw is on the 3ds
    the card might NOT work on the 3ds if the 3ds has been update to the latest FW

3. ragnavatar
    OP

Philippines
    thanks. I'll try that. The card has used to work on v4.5 on my 3ds. It has not been updated whatsoever since then.

update: just tried it, still no luck...the same error message still shows :(

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Your cart's firmware bricked. You will need another flash cart and an original DS or DS Lite in order to unbrick it. The unbrick procedure will not work on a DSi, DSi XL, 3DS, or 3DS XL.

5. ragnavatar
    OP

Philippines
    I thought so too... I have another flashcart (an R4) and a DSLite...can you please tell me how to unbrick it? Thanks

6. Rydian

United States
    Put the firmware update file for the broken cart onto the R4, and start the program up. When it brings up the "press A to update" or whatever message, take the R4 out and but the broken cart in, then tell it to do the update (so it applies a fixed update to the broken cart).

7. ragnavatar
    OP

Philippines
    just tried what you suggested but when it updates it hangs on "erasing device", so I restarted it and now my R4iTT cannot even be detected my DSLite alone...any more suggestions please?

8. Rydian

United States
    Sure it's the right update for the bricked cart? Some sites deal with multiple carts and have separate downloads for them.

9. ragnavatar
    OP

Philippines
    Yes, i think it's the same firmware because it's the same one I used in order for my r4itt to work for 3ds v4.5 and I downloaded from the manufacturers' site

Maybe because it cannot be detected that's why it cannot be flashed? (I hope not)

Does it help if I say that the update program is an R4i Flasher which is almost 2.7mb