Hacking r4isdhc revolution upgrade prob

gcurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all
have just bought my daughter a dsi for xmas and got her a r4i sdhc revolution upgrade cart for it, my problem is i have downloaded the latest kernel from www.r4i-sdhc.com and put extracted files onto sd card, installed to cart and put in dsi. when i select game the screen goes white and the image of a sd card comes up on top screen with menu? under it. can any one shine some light on what is wrong please cos i've treid several forums and got no joy yet.
thanks in advance

gcurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
www.r4i-sdhc.hk loads fine for me.
Hi rydian i tried loading the site but everytime it came up could not be found, tried again this morning and it loaded no problem so i'm downloading the kernel from them now to try it.

gcurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyeo said:
ill upload the files to media fire if you like pm me.
Hi cyeo thanks for the offer , i've finally loaded the site and am downloading from it now so will try it out, also finally got answer back from support at site where i purchased it with same advice already given on the forum plus a game download to try and if that doesnt work i'm to let them know. will try all and let u know if i get any joy, many thanks for help and advice.

gcurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
tell me about it i finally got site loaded and started downloading then it stopped and now wont download english version at all tried french version and its downloading very slowly will have to try again later with english version

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
There is one other place you can try - which is USUALLY just as up to date as the 'official' websites

Have a go at http://www.linfoxdomain.com/ and look near the bottom at all the R4 cards

EDIT: Just looked and I can't see a www.r4i-sdhc.hk there - but there is a www.r4i-sdhc.com.hk (possibly a misprint ??)
I've tried both addresses & I'm getting 'not found' as well

gcurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok cheers for all ur help everyone i finally got the site loaded and after several attempts downloaded the kernel and have a working r4i.
again many thanks all

samsam84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
How did you manage to solve the prob as I have the same card with the .hk on it and I'm going on their actual site, downloading the R4i English v1.41h file and its still saying the same thing once i insert card after transferring this onto it... I've unzipped and just dragged the files onto the micro sd card. Do I need to unzip and only put certain files on or am I doing it right. Someone please help !! with instructions

samsam84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi
How did you manage to solve the prob as I have the same card with the .hk on it and I'm going on their actual site, downloading the R4i English v1.41h file and its still saying the same thing once i insert card after transferring this onto it... I've unzipped and just dragged the files onto the micro sd card. Do I need to unzip and only put certain files on or am I doing it right. Someone please help !! with instructions ACTUALLY SORRY WHEN I HAVE DOWNLOADED THE FILE AND TRY TO UNZIP IT IT IS SAYING THAT IT CANT UNZIP AS ITS NOT A VALID RAR FILE SO THAT SITES DOWNLOAD IS NOT WORKING FOR ME AT ALL

gcurry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi i downloaded the kernel r4i english v 2.7 from the.hk site and extracted to my documents on pc then just drag and dropped the files sepatately onto micro sd card and it worked first time.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn