Hacking R4ids.cn Card Help - Blank/Black Screen on Boot

Xboxster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently got a revision D card from usa-hot-stuff.com. However, I can't seem to get this card to boot. Any Wood firmware from the site has the same result as no firmware. It boots, flashes white, then a black/blank screen with no text, and nothing to do.

This card does not work on both my new 3DS XL or DS Lite. My friend's DSTWO still works in both (and this also helps verify the microSD card is not the issue).

Am I putting files on the card wrong? Defective card? Fake card?

If it helps, the card icon that shows up is the japanese Konami card.

Xboxster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bumping again.

Kinda bullshit to see other people asking for help and getting it in a timely manner. At this rate, I'm thinking of contacting my Credit Card company and getting my money back. USA-Hot-Stuff will not respond to emails, so I'll treat it as failure to deliver on promised product.

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Recently got a revision D card from usa-hot-stuff.com. However, I can't seem to get this card to boot. Any Wood firmware from the site has the same result as no firmware. It boots, flashes white, then a black/blank screen with no text, and nothing to do.

This card does not work on both my new 3DS XL or DS Lite. My friend's DSTWO still works in both (and this also helps verify the microSD card is not the issue).

Am I putting files on the card wrong? Defective card? Fake card?

If it helps, the card icon that shows up is the japanese Konami card.

The rev. D card will work on any current DS/3DS. It's either a Kernel or Micro SD issue, or the card is defective. Firstly, the correct kernel for your card is here:

Wood v1.64 (R4ids.cn)

Now, before you copy the Wood kernel to the Micro SD card, use the SD Formatter tool to prepare it. Set the Format option to Full (Overwrite), and Format Size Adjustment to On.

https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

After you have used the SD Formatter tool, copy the Wood kernel posted above to the root directory of the Micro SD card. If it still black screens, try another Micro SD Card (preferably a decent brand), and prepare it the same way. If you're still getting no joy, it looks like a defective R4, although if the Konami icon is displaying it makes me think it's a Kernel or Micro SD issue. Hope you get it working.

Xboxster

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the reply. I have downloaded the kernel from the link you've provided. I then formatted three microSD cards. One was for this, one for my friends DSTWO, and one for my wife's CycloDS. I put the extracted kernel files on all three along with a test ROM. All three came back with the same white flash then blank screen. I repeated all three with my wife's DS Lite, and only got a black screen.

Looking at this page: http://www.r4ids.cn/r4ids-e.htm I see there are three versions of this Konami game. But at this point, I think the microsd is out of the question, and I think the kernel is out of the question. Unless there are any other ideas, this has to be a bad card.

Right?

Gyron_Oldvic

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's a rev. D card you can see a small 'D' printed on the PCB just above the furthest right contact pin. In any case it's irrelevant anyway as any revision should work in the DS Lite. It looks like a faulty card card unfortunately.

Questy

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hey guys i know this post is about 2 years old, i recently brought an R4i+ card and i was stuggling for almost 20 hours and i came across this post and i wanted to say a big thankyou to Gyron, the wood firmware actully worked!! thankyou so much!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it