Hacking R4i

mostwanted

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also purchased the r4i form dealX. I got my firmware from the site on the box. r4i.cn it works but everytime I start a game 5mins during the game like GTA for example im watching the cut scenes it just froze. I restarted i skip the cut scenes ok look like its working, wrong while I was driving I crashed, so did the card. I have an 8GB stick. This is BS

edited: I tried a lower firmware and its working like 90% better than the newest update.

edited -.-: the r4i is crap it worked for a good while then it just kept freezing damn it, I'm buying a new card, fuk.

Indifference

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my R4i from deal extreme as well and the only thing wrong is that it won't soft reset.
I have everything(Roms, Moonshell, DPGs etc) running on my R4i Revolution w/ 1.55 firmware from, http://www.r4i.cn/index-en.htm but it will not soft reset. I have no idea why. I am using the R4i on a DS phat and a DS Lite. L+R+X+Y+A+B does nothing. Help.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Indifference said:
I got my R4i from deal extreme as well and the only thing wrong is that it won't soft reset.
I have everything(Roms, Moonshell, DPGs etc) running on my R4i Revolution w/ 1.55 firmware from, http://www.r4i.cn/index-en.htm but it will not soft reset. I have no idea why. I am using the R4i on a DS phat and a DS Lite. L+R+X+Y+A+B does nothing. Help.
You have to turn soft reset on first.

At the right top of the touch screen it is the "Soft Reset"; Red indicator means the "Soft Reset" function is off; Green indicator means the "Soft Reset" function is on. The users may point on the touch screen or press "R" button to switch the "Soft Reset" On/Off.

While the "Soft Reset" function is on, pressing "L+R+A+B+X+Y" can go back and forth to the game's main menu; Please do not do this while saving, as it will lead to malfunction, It is recommended to go back to main menu before you function the "Soft Reset".

That came from the link you gave me. Way to go, smart guy.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
lexus-8 said:
i bout it from the same web site memorybits.co.uk and it doesnt work. i think its becoz i have a european dsi and i dont think there compatible. i have askesd for a refun and they havent got bak to me. BUUUUUUUMP!!!!

QUOTEif you want to know why memorybits are so slow, here is your answer..

Aul: Welcome to memorybits live chat. How can we help?
You: Hi
you: Order # ******
you: Its an r4 card posted on monday. How was it sent as it hasn't arrived?
Paul: Was dispatched on the 20th and 23rd for you
you: The 20th part should be here by now if it was posted 1st class or even 2nd class
paul: 1st class
paul: Just wait a couple more days and it should be with you
you: I've spoken to someone else who also had a package take 4 days to arrive after it shipped. If you are sending them 1st class it should be 1-2 days unless you are posting from outside the uk mainland. Is this the case?
Paul: Thank you for waiting. I'll be with you in just a moment.
Paul: Its dispatched from switzerland overnight, once in the uk its 2nd class which is usually 2-4 working days.
You: And how long does it take to hit the uk?
Paul: I'm sorry for the delay. I'll be right with you.
Paul: All orders take 1-4 working days
you: It's not clear on your website that you dispatch from switzerland. Don't you think that it should be? I expected fast service from a uk company and thats not what i've gotten. I would not have bought from you had i known this information.
Paul: I will be right with you.
Paul: Im very sorry about that then
paul: Is there anything else i can help you with today?

slacker4_1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my r4i sdhc from realhotstuff is not working.. when i go to load a rom is start's to create a save file then all of a sudden say's savefile not found please reset
system.. im using the latest version 1.06 from the site on the box(the little red one).. anyone know what to do

Seireitei

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey all, just registered here in the hopes someone may be able to help out.

I just received my R4i (not the red box version) from Memorybits for my UK DSi. I did as instructed and put the software on the card. I can get to the menu screen on the R4i (Game/Multimedia/etc) but freezes up on "Loading..." whenever I try to play any rom. After doing some research I should have avoided R4i like the plague but hindsight is a wonderful thing. So what are my options here guys? The software is correct (as i get to the r4 menu) but obviously this thing wont play any roms. So is my only option to return it and ask for one in a red box (will this even work on a uk dsi either??)

thanks for any assistance

Gagarin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So this is how you treat the ex king of cards?

I have R4i and it works just fine. Sure I have AK2i too (and planning to get DSONEi) and I'm sure they are better, but for those who bought it - there is still a hope.

For some reason it dumps saves into root of SD card, I have problems with making it working with cheats file, Moonshell2 (Regular R4DS was so easy)

but it works!
Here is Root of my SD card (kernel v 1.55?) Chinatown works with it
smile.gif

Rapidshare, zip file, 2723 KB

http://rapidshare.com/files/231955461/r4i.ZIP.html

BTW, if someone can post fixed version with Moonshell2, fixed Skin and properly working cheats - I would be so happy
smile.gif
PM me.

4bex

Trophies
XP
Country
hey peoples,
i bought acekard 2i and it would not work - changed it to R4i-SDHC and every thing works excellently apart from Star Wars Clone Wars Jedi Alliance.

I have now been scouring the net as to why this game does not work - and I draw the conclusion (from 15 years of modchipping) there must be protection in it.

Also R4i-SDHC is fine - perhaps it is the supplier either knowingly or unwittingly selling you all fakes - the common denominator in the thread seems to be where you are buying them from.

try http://www.wii-chip.co.uk/

genuine uk based seller - seems to buy stock 100 at a time, swapped the duff acekard2i by return of post - gives discount automatically in the shopping cart of returning customers

P.S. he's not my mate ;-)

Don't cuss the card - remember some of these resellers are like frontline crack dealers - they know you are illegally downloading games so what's the comeback if they rip you off.

P.P.S get the firmware from www.r4i-sdhc.com

Kittymat

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
The original R4 was great but look at the list of cards abusing the name, most are complete rubbish, there may be a good one or two in there but firmware updates are very slow and certain games will never work.

R4i Deluxe
R4i Advance
R4i Upgrade
R4i-SDHC
R4i Neo
R4i (r4i.cn)
R4i (r4ultra.com)
Super R4i
Hyper-R4i
Gold R4i

R4ds
R4 SDHC (ndslr4.com)
R4 SDHC (r4new.com)
R4 New (r4new.com)
R4 New (r4-new.com
R4-II
R4-III
R4 Upgrade
R4 III SDHC
R4 Advance
R4 Deluxe
R4 Plus
R4 Pro
R4 Team
R4 Top
R4X
R4-V

Now thats why the R4 should be avoided like the plague and it has nothing to do with where you get them from, just that there are soooo many.

When there are other superior cards available, in most cases cheaper, why bother getting a card that is causing so many people issues.

And finally, yes I did have an R4, the daddy of all cards, but it has gone and all that is left is this pile trying to cash in on a good name and ruining a reputation that WAS once deserved.

Findecanno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not sure if It has been mentioned yet but most R4 clones are really acekard clones. try the acekard firmware or AKAIO

beigs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have 3 flash cards, EDGE on my DSL, ACEKARD2i and R4i (r4i-sdhc.com) on my DSI. At this time the r4i is better than EDGE, the last firmware play this games directly without problems 3690, 3517, 3538, 3191, 3049, 3332, 3580, 3574, 2987 and revised 3690,3517,2230 save file issue. (EDGE need cheats)

The acekard is perfect with akaio, but i have problems, the first card i have when im playing Mario kart online the card died (the seller give another), so at this time I use the r4i for everything and is my favorite card. I love the acekard but im never play online again with him.

Regards

beigs

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
R4i-SDHC V1.08b multi-language core is added on Jun 9, 2009 from www.r4i-sdhc.com (red Box)

Work out the problem of "2230, 3369, 3791, 3782, 3790, c2949, 3055, 3551, 3819 Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days - Japan " etc games.

This team is doing a EXCELENT JOB.

jruschme

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
beigs said:
R4i-SDHC V1.08b multi-language core is added on Jun 9, 2009 from www.r4i-sdhc.com (red Box)

Work out the problem of "2230, 3369, 3791, 3782, 3790, c2949, 3055, 3551, 3819 Kingdom Hearts 358-2 Days - Japan " etc games.

I own the non-I version of their card. I don't know if I'd go quite that far with praise, but I will give them credit for trying to be up-to-date.

The basic hardware is pretty much a DSTT clone to the point where the firmware has files in common with the DSTT and both the DSTT menu and YSMenu will run and launch commercial ROMS if launched from the R4i menu.

The firmwware clearly includes infolib, savlib and usercheat.dat updates from the community. If you look at their USERCHEAT.DAT file in r4cce, it actually creadits Gbatemp and Narin, so at least some of those compatibility fixes may not have required any software changes on their part. Still, that puts them ahead of most cloners who don't even bother with providing up-to-date cheats, etc.

This is the first version of their software to support theme switching and they still don't support sorting roms or organizing in subdirectories. (For those who don't own and r4i-sdhc card, the menu is a lot like the DSTT menu, but less elegant and with some gartuitous icon animation.)

Interestingly, a fake M3i Upgrade started showing up recently. That card is surprisingly similar to an r4i-sdhc card, right down to much of the menu (although the M3i menu appears to have better homebrew support and had theme switching already).

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
jruschme said:
beigs said:

I own the non-I version of their card. I don't know if I'd go quite that far with praise, but I will give them credit for trying to be up-to-date.

The basic hardware is pretty much a DSTT clone to the point where the firmware has files in common with the DSTT and both the DSTT menu and YSMenu will run and launch commercial ROMS if launched from the R4i menu.

The firmwware clearly includes infolib, savlib and usercheat.dat updates from the community. If you look at their USERCHEAT.DAT file in r4cce, it actually creadits Gbatemp and Narin, so at least some of those compatibility fixes may not have required any software changes on their part. Still, that puts them ahead of most cloners who don't even bother with providing up-to-date cheats, etc.

This is the first version of their software to support theme switching and they still don't support sorting roms or organizing in subdirectories. (For those who don't own and r4i-sdhc card, the menu is a lot like the DSTT menu, but less elegant and with some gartuitous icon animation.)

Interestingly, a fake M3i Upgrade started showing up recently. That card is surprisingly similar to an r4i-sdhc card, right down to much of the menu (although the M3i menu appears to have better homebrew support and had theme switching already).

interesting... maybe i should add one of this to my collection

The Hobbit 81

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.hobstarcs.wikidot.com
XP
Country
Moving from M3DS Real to R4i Neo, help please
Trying to move from M3DS Real to R4i Neo, need help
I am moving from a M3DS Real to a R4i Neo and am experiencing some problems. I will list them in order of importance.

1. Any game I load informs me that the save file is corrupt. (M3 save games are .sav format)

2. Any game I play will not go into sleep mode when I close my DS.

3. Is there a better OS that the default one?

Thanks in advance,

The Hobbit 81

Setup;
- NDSL
- R4i Neo
- 8 Gb Kingston
- 32 Mb GBA Slot 2

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Well... Maybe :shy::blush: