R4i

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by AJC, Apr 17, 2009.

Apr 17, 2009

R4i by AJC at 12:22 AM (17,333 Views / 0 Likes) 75 replies

1. AJC
    OP

Newcomer AJC Member

United Kingdom
    Help,

I have just purchased a DSi(english) and a R4i (R4i was purchased from DealExtreme). I have been having problems with the R4i when i insert the card into DSi and click on the R4 icon the top screen then displays a red SD card with the word menu. Please tell me were I am going wrong. (i now know that maybe an R4i was not the best card to buy)

[​IMG]

2. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

yes it was the worst card to buy

3. AJC
    OP

Newcomer AJC Member

United Kingdom
    We all learn by our mistakes. Can you help me with this one.

[​IMG]

4. Pendor

Member Pendor GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Sounds like you need to copy the firmware to the card.

5. sweenish

Member sweenish GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    double the money (ie, buy a better card for the same price)

and we're going to need a dsi board soon.

6. AJC
    OP

Newcomer AJC Member

United Kingdom
    I downloaded the software from the DealExtreme site and it did not work, s this what you mean by firmware.

Thanks
    [​IMG]

7. chris2012

Newcomer chris2012 Member

United Kingdom
    I bought mine from www.memorybits.co.uk and they have links to the necessary software. I have received it today and it's the R4i SDHC (In the red case), they have software for this version and another version; might be worth checking it out.

8. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    i bout it from the same web site memorybits.co.uk and it doesnt work. i think its becoz i have a european dsi and i dont think there compatible. i have askesd for a refun and they havent got bak to me. BUUUUUUUMP!!!!

9. chris2012

United Kingdom
    Which R4i do you have? There are two versions (That I am aware of); do you get any loading screens or does it do nothing? My DSI has been bought in the UK and I have downloaded the first firmware update to download the dsi browser.

10. chris2012

United Kingdom
    Which R4i do you have? There are two versions (That I am aware of); do you get any loading screens or does it do nothing? My DSI has been bought in the UK and I have downloaded the first firmware update to download the dsi browser.

11. mjmaskrey

Newcomer mjmaskrey Newbie

United Kingdom
    I purchased an R4i-SDHC (the red box card) from MemoryBits for a friend but cannot get it to work at all.

Tried 1.02b and 1.04b firmwares, 1.04b obtained from MemoryBits page and from the R4 web page but no joy from any....can load up the R4 card but when it launching Moonshell it has errors 'relational file not found' and if loading media it halts on loading with 'extension memory was not found'.

Do these cards actually work? Is there anything I can do?

Just hoping I don't get stung for the £30 cost...although surely MemoryBits would take it back.

[​IMG]

12. chris2012

United Kingdom
    I have the 1.04b firmware with the Moonshl2 and R4iMenu folders; I had an issue with the card reader provided so tried another and it allowed me to copy the files over.

So far I have been playing games fine and have tried one MP3 album, this has also worked although it crashed when I pressed A on the same MP3 twice

13. chris2012

United Kingdom
    One other thing; if the games are stored in a "Games" folder on the card then this will not work - the games need to be placed on the card alongside the two software folders. Hope this helps anybody with issues

14. AJC
    OP

Newcomer AJC Member

United Kingdom
    I have the R4i-SDHC in the red box. I tried downloading firmware from varios sites but the same thing happens. When i select the R4 icon on the bottom screen of DSi it would appear to be loading but then the top screen displays what looks like the outline of a sd card with a ? and the word menu inside. I have e-mailed DealExtreme but still awaiting a reply.
    [​IMG]

15. chris2012

United Kingdom
    AJC - which website did you try the firmware from? It almost sounds like you could have an issue with the memory card rather than the firmware

16. AJC
    OP

Newcomer AJC Member

United Kingdom
    Chris2012
    I used a lot of diffrent sites so many that i cannot remember them all.

17. Daku93

Member Daku93 GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I think that the R4i you bought is a DSTT Fake, because the DSTT shows exactly the same if there is no firmware on the Micro SD. Maybe you can return it to DX.

18. mjmaskrey

Newcomer mjmaskrey Newbie

United Kingdom
    My issue is sorted thanks to Chris...simply moving them out of the games folder sorted it...it's always the simplest things that get you stumped!

AJC....I saw that red 'menu?' pop up on mine...it was incorrect firmware/or missing file. If you have the R4i-SDHC Upgrade..in the red box...then got to the MemoryBits website and grab their software...which is in a zip file called R4i-red. I used their regular R4i firmware when I got the 'menu?' error.

[​IMG]

19. death123

Newcomer death123 Member

Canada
    is this card fake?
    from what i heard its fake. Or is that R4 Ultra.
    Im pretty sure the R4 got disbanned.

20. lexus-8

Member lexus-8 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    what dsi do you have? coz i did the exact same thing and i just got an error when i turned my dsi on wiv the r4i inside it. i have a british european dsi btw.