Hacking R4i

lexus-8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i have a 2gb micro sd not sdhc card could this b the problem? i have also formated it to fat32 and loaded the r4i red box firmware on to it, but as soon as i turn my dsi on i get error. help me!

AJC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried downloading from the memoryBits website as advised but still having the same problem. If it is a fake card is there any firmware that is compatable, or should i just see about returning my card.

chris2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have just checked the r4i-sdhc website and it shows this:

"Support SDHC micro sd cards (4GB、8GB、16GB、32GB)."

I have an 8GB card so this could be why I have not had the same issue

AJC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried the firmware that Theneck recommended but still getting the same error, could it be because my SD card is 1GB

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm almost certain that you're doing something wrong, and it's not a hardware fault.
However i'll receive my ordered R4i any day now, so i can test this and will post the results.

AJC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
[I'm almost certain that you're doing something wrong, and it's not a hardware fault.
However i'll receive my ordered R4i any day now, so i can test this and will post the resultsquote.

Jockel i am downloading the firmware and saving it then extracting it to the sd card and it is being saved as a folder R4-i English V1.04b, within this folder I have two other folders moonshl2 and R4iMenu and a file R4.Dat. I previosly had a m3 for my DS and downloaded the firmware no problem.

lexus-8

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
chris2012 said:
I have just checked the r4i-sdhc website and it shows this:

"Support SDHC micro sd cards (4GB?8GB?16GB?32GB)."

I have an 8GB card so this could be why I have not had the same issue

THANK YOU!!!! ive just ordered a 4gb sdhc card

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
AJC said:
Thanks Jockel tried doing what you said bbut still getting the red SD card saying ? and menu
Did you put the R4.dat into the root, too?
@Chris2012: I doubt that, non-SDHC cards should work, too.

chris2012

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Fair comment, sorry I have tried again and it is working with a 2GB card; I didn't copy the R4.dat file in the root folder
frown.gif

AJC

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jockel you are a life saver it is now working thanks to everyone for their help couldn't have done it without you.

Koenvg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
He Guys,

I did everything that was posted above. now i can start the menu. But, the games won't start and the menu freezes up. I also see somw scramble colours in the back ground. when i take my SD-card back out of the R4i-sdhc Upgrade card, and put it in my computer the files on the SD-card are damaged and i have to format the disk. or else i get the ?menu problem again...

What to do???

Thnx

Koenvg

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
chris2012 said:
Have you had to format the memory card more than once?

Yes I have. every time that I installed the firmware and inserted the card in my DSi and then back in to the PC. Because the files were damaged and I was not able to delete them, and then I had to format the memory card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu