Hacking r4i sdhc question from r4-sdhc.com

Squirps

Official Squirps of GBATemp.net™
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i was wondering if there was a way to change the picture id and name of the r4i sdhc card so it says a nintendo game like mario kart on the dsi menu so my old kind of r4i sdhc card without 1.4 support will work....if anyone knows how to do this please respond!!!! thank you!!!!

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It isn't just a picture issue, it's a hardware issue within the card that needs to be changed to bypass 1.4. You can't do it. You'll need to buy a new flash cart, or use the one you have on a DS phat or lite.

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, but does anyone know if the new card has an upgradable bootloader so i can even consider getting a new card? also, if it's a hardware issue, then why is the picture and name of every 1.4 compatible card changed to a nintendo licensed game? thirdly, does anyone have any news from the website r4i-sdhc.com (made a mistake on title) about when they will release their update for their old cards??? thanks to everyone who will (hopefully) answer my questions and to injected11 for answering my first question.

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1) Don't buy anything that says R4. Get an Acekard 2i or M3i Zero. They're better, have upgradable bootloaders, and are usually cheaper.

2) I'm not sure on the specifics, but the 1.4 passing cards use those game icons so that if Nintendo tries to block that card, they would have to block the real game that the icon was from.

3) They don't plan to make old cards pass 1.4. I've emailed asking if they were going to continue supporting it with firmware to play new games, and they said yes. I then asked WHEN, and they don't respond.

outgum

Pokemanz Master
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
QUOTE said:
hi i was wondering if there was a way to change the picture id and name of the r4i sdhc card so it says a nintendo game like mario kart on the dsi menu so my old kind of r4i sdhc card without 1.4 support will work....if anyone knows how to do this please respond!!!! thank you!!!!

Not sure what you mean....
if your looking for updated firmware
Go to www.r4i-sdhc.com, and get r4i V1.11b
THats what im using and it works

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
outgum said:
QUOTE said:

Not sure what you mean....
if your looking for updated firmware
Go to www.r4i-sdhc.com, and get r4i V1.11b
THats what im using and it works
He has an old pre-1.4 R4i SDHC. That firmware WILL NOT WORK ON IT. This is at least the 5th thread where you've said the same exact thing, and every one of those times you were directing them to something that won't help at all. You were closer this time, as the card is made by the same company as the firmware, but only 1.09b will work on his. For the love of god, stop blindly posting wrong answers to boost your post count.

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, seriously, even i know you can't use 1.11b on my card cuz it'll probably brick it----but this question is to anyone who knows the answer--- does the new r4i-sdhc card have an upgradeable bootloader? i really want to know!!!!!

Squirps

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, seriously, even i know you can't use 1.11b on my card cuz it'll probably brick it----but this question is to anyone who knows the answer--- does the new r4i-sdhc card have an upgradeable bootloader? i really want to know!!!!!

Edit: my bad i hit the post button twice when it didn't post....

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Their website says nothing about the bootloader being upgradable, so I would assume not. That seems like a feature they'd highlight or at least mention since the 1.4 block put everyone on high alert. You're really just better off buying another brand of card, one that doesn't have "R4" anywhere in the name.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end