Korith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys,

First off, im running a R4i SDHC 1.4.1 on Kernel 1.35b.

So last night I was having a few problems with a games so I reformatted (To fat32) my SD card, after I put everything back on it, I noticed when I am scrolling through the list of games it is way more laggy now, when I hit the left or right on the D-pad to jump four games it takes a good 3-5 seconds before the new icons update from the old icons. I have a 4gig SD micro. I thought maybe it was the SD card, so I went to go buy a new one. An 8gig was only 3 dollars more then a 4gig so I decided to go with that. But I am still having the same problem. I have tried multiple times deleting and putting the kernel on there again but still no luck. Anybody know what is wrong?

Thanks for your time and responses.

Edit: Also, I have been lurking these forums today and I see there is A LOT of hate towards R4. This was my first time ever buying a card, I bought it on Craigslist from a guy for like 15 bucks. I keep seeing these clones, and complaints about how they "clone R4's" don't get updated and such. http://www.r4i-sdhc.com/aboute.asp I have the second card listed on here, is this also a crappy card? I have only had it since the middle of February, and it was on 1.32, now it is on 1.34b so it is being updated pretty frequently. Just would like some input.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
r4i-sdhc (r4i-sdhc.com) is pretty decent compared to other clones (excluding r4i gold). Not fast updates, but they at least update their firmware and it also, as most other r4 clones, can use YSmenu.

Just go with YSmenu for r4i-sdhc

Korith

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zorua said:
@OP, have you tried formatting your microSD using SD Formatter?
Find 'SD Formatter' on FileTrip.net

Also, like Dr. Aqua said, use retrogamefan's updates. Download it and extract everything present inside the YSmenu for R4 clones folder to the root of your microSD.

Yes I have reformatted several times with SD formatter. First off, I was able to get rid of the lag on the 4gig card (My old one) I guess I just got lucky by reformatting and putting the kernel on over and over. I did the same exact things and the 8gig still lags. I downloaded RetroGameFan's (To the 4gig card) updates, it fixed the problems with the game I wanted to play (initial problem before the lag occured) the only problem is the game freezes when I try to save. (Pokemon white) I have the same problems with the 8gig card when I put RetroGameFan's software on it. And to be quite honest the idea of having to pick his file from my list of games, then pick my list of games bugs me. (I have OCD.) I am considering buying a new card. Budget isn't a issue. What is the best card to get? I have gotten the impression from this website that the AceKard 2i and the DSTwo are the best? I will also most likely getting a 3DS sometime in the future, probably 9-10 months after it has all its problems fixed. xD. Both of the afore mentioned cards support 3DS right?

Thank you to all who took the time to respond to my post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: now i'm not gay, but hear me out