R4i sdhc problems

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by Alexfagar, Jun 27, 2010.

Jun 27, 2010

R4i sdhc problems by Alexfagar at 10:31 PM (1,031 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. Alexfagar
    OP

Newcomer Alexfagar Newbie

Spain
    Hello, I recently bought an r4isdhc christmas limited edition http://www.r4isdhc.com/ and it seems that lately the dev. team of the card has stopped releasing updates for this card version, making some new games such as pokemon soulsilver unplayable. I tried to install the ysmenu but I keep gettin r4didl.dat error when loading a game, and from what I've read there is no way of installing akaio or wood r4 in this card. So my question is, is there any possible way of installing other type of kernel into this card or shall I go and buy an acekard, an original r4 or a supercardtwo, which one do you recomend me? And if buy an aceckard will I be able to install ysmenu into it?

2. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Any "R4" other than a plain "R4" you get nowadays is a clone. This includes i version, SDHC version, "upgrade" versions, anything. They're all clones, and most of them have no actual updates/support.

Get an Acekard 2i. You don't need to install YSMenu into an Acekard because the Acekard series is still getting constant updates through the AKAIO firmware. The AKAIO is literally a drop-in replacement firmware, you don't need to do anything special to set it up.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Remember the 1:1 clones of the original R4 won't work in the DSi and don't support SDHC cards, these are only currently availible R4 carts which support Wood. True original R4's are no longer in productions, the 1:1 carts are the closest there is.

As for the DSTWO vs Acekard 2i, it all depends on what your needs are. The Acekard does what it does very well, but lacks some of the advanced features of the DSTWO. The DSTWO also has a built in GBA emulator and supports Real Time Save, but is $20 more than the Acekard 2i. Both are good carts though, and have excellent compatibility. You will be able to play SoulSilver/ HeartGold on either. Your existing saves should also be compatible with both.

4. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    If the saves don't work, you can use an online save converter tool.