Hacking R4i saves gone

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Once upon a time I played sonic rush adventure on r4i then saved then soft resetted...
Then I wanted to play the first sonic rush and then poof, 100% save gone!
Then I turned it off and on again and tested if it affected other games, oh boy, it did (for example: sonic rush adventure)

Now I don't want to kill more saves by opening the roms, so please send help quick!

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Once upon a time I played sonic rush adventure on r4i then saved then soft resetted...
Then I turned it off and on again and tested if it affected other games, oh boy, it did (for example: sonic rush adventure)

Now I don't want to kill more saves by opening the roms, so please send help quick!
No clue never has such a problem

Graxer

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe mount the microSD card on your computer and see if the save files (which are "sav" files if I remember correctly) are still there. If they are there back them and the roms up on your computer.

The save files may also work on emulators if they are in the same location as the rom (I'm not sure if this is the case or not) and if so you could test them that way.

Last edited by Graxer,

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Ok thanks, but new problem occured.
I backed up all the r4i stuff, formatted the sd card (in case it had any errors) then placed the stuff back in (also backed up the sav files on my pc), but now every time i open a rom it says:
savfile not found!

Please reset system

maybe my saves are now gone for good? MAYBE I HAVE TO REPLAY EVERY SINGLE ONE OF MY 25 DS GAMES?

EDIT: NEWS FLASH: I tried some saves on DESMUME and THANK GOD they're OK!

I came to the conclusion that every time I open a rom in R4i, it formats the game file.
I'm gonna replace the saves with the backed up ones (i'm still gonna keep a backup on my pc) and try them out, and see if the error still shows up.

Last edited by EpikJimmer,
Reactions: Graxer

Graxer

Trophies
XP
Country
If the problem recurs, maybe format the sd card then download and restore the original files onto the microsd card for your model of r4i (in case the files themselves became corrupted) so it's as new. Then add the games and saves again.

Although, you would be best to back up what is on there now first!

Its good to hear the saves themselves aren't corrupted though!

Last edited by Graxer,

EpikJimmer

Screw hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nvm I tried out a game and the save was there. Phew, that was close!
And if one of my game files gets deleted, I'll just replace the sav from the sdcard with the one from my backup folder!
And, again THANK GOD the saves arent corrupted, they just sometimes factory resets the save once I boot up the game in r4i.
Peace at last!

Last edited by EpikJimmer,
Reactions: Graxer

lWanderingl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Try to comnect the micro sd to your pc and do a backup of .sav files

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SpookyBaker @ SpookyBaker: @K3Nv2