R4i SaveDongle Review

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by IngeniousDefault, Dec 27, 2011.

Dec 27, 2011
  1. IngeniousDefault
    OP

Member IngeniousDefault GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    So, here's my review for the R4i Save Dongle.

I won this thing and I want to share my thought. My english is not the best, but most of you don't undestand German so I try my best.

[​IMG]

It takes around 2 weeks until my package arrives. After opening it, there's a letter in German (nice! But not good German, more like Google Traslator), there is the Dongle. It uses normal USB 2.0. I put it in my laptop and it works without driver installation. I download the program for trasferring. http://r4i-sdhc.com/SaveDongle.asp

[​IMG]

The program ist quite small. It has a little GUI, but this is fine. It's small, but effective. There's a button for PC ->Cartridge and Cartridge -> PC.
    It also shows the Internal Name and the Gamesave Size. I was really surprised how quick it extracted and installed savegames.

[​IMG]

I have tested around 50 games (40 DS, 10 3DS) like Pokémon and NSMB, and also Super Mario 3D Land and Zelda OoT 3D.

When you have extracted it, you can share it on the official site for the R4i savedongle. Or you just download one for yourself. The DS-savegames can be used for Emulators or flashcards, while you can encrypt 3DS-saves. I think there are many options later, when the 3DS is more hacked. The format for DS-games is .sav. If there is one day, that you can't extract savegames, you can update the dongle easily.

[​IMG]

The processing is not as good as I hoped for. To put your game into the dongle, you must be very carefully. The gamesticker must be downside. I'm not sure, how this works until it breaks. Now I come to my conclusion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

+ Easy to use
    + Good GUI
    + Fast extracting and Installing
    + Good compatiblity
    + Upgradeable
    + Shows internal name and gamesave size

- Processing not as good as I hoped for

So all in all I think, that this dongle is quite impressive. It works well and there is a community, that shares many saves.

Thanks for reading!

IanAlbarn and exangel like this.