Homebrew R4i RTS 3DS Help!

Johnny2071

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with my R4i card that I just got tonight. I have no clue of what to do. I've looked at so many versions, but this is the card I got in the mail:
http://www.r4wood.com/product_images/l/643/R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

My 3DS recognizes it as some Japanese Konami game, but when I boot it up, the screen flashes white for a second then stays black.

What firmware do I need to get it working?

By the way, my current 3DS update is 11.2.0-35U.

Xiphiidae

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having issues with my R4i card that I just got tonight. I have no clue of what to do. I've looked at so many versions, but this is the card I got in the mail:
http://www.r4wood.com/product_images/l/643/R4I3DSRTS__51965_zoom.jpg

My 3DS recognizes it as some Japanese Konami game, but when I boot it up, the screen flashes white for a second then stays black.

What firmware do I need to get it working?

By the way, my current 3DS update is 11.2.0-35U.
This one should work with the latest WOOD firmware. I believe it will work on 11.2.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I meant a link to the file download. They're are so many different versions.

I'm not kidding around here.
http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm

Download the second firmware option (4.0b2) Then scroll down about halfway and you'll see "Newest WOOD R4 Kernal" download that too. Then put them both on the SD card inside your Flashcard and enable "load external firmware from SD" in Luma Settings.

(I just got mine on the 17th of October, same exact card)

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGNORE THIS:
http://r4ids.cn/r4i-download-e.htm

Download the second firmware option (4.0b2) Then scroll down about halfway and you'll see "Newest WOOD R4 Kernal" download that too. Then put them both on the SD card inside your Flashcard and enable "load external firmware from SD" in Luma Settings.

(I just got mine on the 17th of October, same exact card)

Actual instructions: Download the link that says "Newest wood firmware" (1.64)
Put it and the roms on the r4 sd (not the 3ds sd). Insert the r4 into your 3ds, load it, choose your game.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IGNORE THIS:

Actual instructions: Download the link that says "Newest wood firmware" (1.64)
Put it and the roms on the r4 sd (not the 3ds sd). Insert the r4 into your 3ds, load it, choose your game.
You don't have to imply what I said was wrong. That's exactly what I did and mine is working just fine. You basically said the same thing minus the other firmware file........ IGNORE THIS in bold letters is pretty rude when I was just trying to help.

Reactions: Xiphiidae

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to imply what I said was wrong. That's exactly what I did and mine is working just fine. You basically said the same thing minus the other firmware file........ IGNORE THIS in bold letters is pretty rude when I was just trying to help.
You could have bricked him if he followed your instructions, your instructions are for the wrong flashcart. Given that, I think the font is justified.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You could have bricked him if he followed your instructions, your instructions are for the wrong flashcart. Given that, I think the font is justified.
That's not true at all. You can't brick that way, it doesn't mess with the NAND at all. And using an extra file on the SD inside a flashcart will either stall the boot or be ignored, it won't brick anything.... The guy has the exact card I bought, I followed the directions on the site that sold it. I linked the same site, what are you talking about?
P149_1.JPG
This is the one I have, that I used the exact method I posted above to work on my 3DS not even a month ago. It's the same one OP posted.

Last edited by Majickhat55,

Mikemk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true at all. You can't brick that way, it doesn't mess with the NAND at all. And using an extra file on the SD inside a flashcart will either stall the boot or be ignored, it won't brick anything.... The guy has the exact card I bought, I followed the directions on the site that sold it. I linked the same site, what are you talking about?
P149_1.JPG
This is the one I have, that I used the exact method I posted above to work on my 3DS not even a month ago. It's the same one OP posted.
The 4.02b is for the deluxe edition, which is a gateway clone.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night