R4i Revolution

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This product is so wrong... I believe the ARM7 fix is going to be needed for the entire life of the DS/i.
rolleyes.gif

So many unsuspecting noobs will be drawn to this because of the price and just keep the outdated on the fly patching system of the old firmware going... Maybe the Big N will raid the fake R4 manufacturers to get their crap out of the hands of more users.
wink.gif

Galacta said:
Its totally cheap though. Im very aware of that it could brick your DS.
frown.gif

Everything original is
smileipb2.png
The Best.

So you buy your original DS carts? JK.. Had to be a smartass.
yaynds.gif

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
ViRGE said:
Why is this crap even being mentioned on GBATemp? It's a fake card from a no-name shop stealing someone else's parts and name, with no promise that it won't break something. The last thing that GBATemp should be doing is advertising this hunk of junk and putting up links to where people can buy one. We shouldn't be encouraging people to buy shoddy, fake merchandise.

At least it might stop there being a thread started every day saying "OMG, new R4 released!" and "There's a R4i!!!!" like still happens with R4-SDHCs.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
BlueStar said:
ViRGE said:
Why is this crap even being mentioned on GBATemp? It's a fake card from a no-name shop stealing someone else's parts and name, with no promise that it won't break something. The last thing that GBATemp should be doing is advertising this hunk of junk and putting up links to where people can buy one. We shouldn't be encouraging people to buy shoddy, fake merchandise.
At least it might stop there being a thread started every day saying "OMG, new R4 released!" and "There's a R4i!!!!" like still happens with R4-SDHCs.
Like those idiots really would ever read any kind of news.
frown.gif

But really, there should be a big red warning message not to buy this, because it's at least dubious if this will ever see an update.

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Waouw a new "R4" product and everybody talking crap of it without even test it...

I had a Flash2Advance for my GBA then a F2A Ultra. I've played my first rom on a NDS phat with my F2A Ultra after flashing my DS with wifi. Then i bought a Supercard micro SD and a Superkey for my NDS lite and then a R4 at launch coz i was tired of patching every rom i wanna put on my Supercard. And i'm still using it now with YSMenu and i've never had a problem (except compatibility issue that where fixed with YSMenu like every other card had a firmware update). I'm just telling you that so you can see that i'm not a pro-R4-noobz.

The R4 is a good product, it does what i buy it for -> play romz. It as no SHDC support like every other card that came out at the same time. It doesn't have real time save but when i'm hurry i just close my DS without power it off and save at a save point when i've got time.

No support from the official R4 team? If what Triforce says it's true about Nintendo suing them that can happen to every other team. Use YSMenu and the problem is fixed, if you can't install YSMenu sell your NDS and R4 and buy yourself some lego and please don't complain about no new firmware.

Quality and clone? Remember when the first R4 and the M3 simply came out they where the same card with different sticker on it (you could even swap firmware between the two). All flashcard are made in the same manufacture somewhere in china with the same quality. FYI a friend of mine who have just bought an original DSTT broke Two DSlite with it.

Cheap? Flashcard are not top of the end electronic device, how much do you thing they cost when they came out of the manufacture? Now there's a big market for the team and the cheaper will sell better that's all.

Let's wait for a official review and then judge.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
haha, if someone tries this on a DSi please tell if it acually work. Its pretty cool, how there is a clone that works on DSi...

ChaosBoi

Ushiromiya Battler
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Things like this makes me wish someone would pursue an exploit for the SD slot already (If they haven't), assuming if you can access it from the main menu of the DSi.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jon eBegood said:
Waouw a new "R4" product and everybody talking crap of it without even test it...

I had a Flash2Advance for my GBA then a F2A Ultra. I've played my first rom on a NDS phat with my F2A Ultra after flashing my DS with wifi. Then i bought a Supercard micro SD and a Superkey for my NDS lite and then a R4 at launch coz i was tired of patching every rom i wanna put on my Supercard. And i'm still using it now with YSMenu and i've never had a problem (except compatibility issue that where fixed with YSMenu like every other card had a firmware update). I'm just telling you that so you can see that i'm not a pro-R4-noobz.

The R4 is a good product, it does what i buy it for -> play romz. It as no SHDC support like every other card that came out at the same time. It doesn't have real time save but when i'm hurry i just close my DS without power it off and save at a save point when i've got time.

No support from the official R4 team? If what Triforce says it's true about Nintendo suing them that can happen to every other team. Use YSMenu and the problem is fixed, if you can't install YSMenu sell your NDS and R4 and buy yourself some lego and please don't complain about no new firmware.

Quality and clone? Remember when the first R4 and the M3 simply came out they where the same card with different sticker on it (you could even swap firmware between the two). All flashcard are made in the same manufacture somewhere in china with the same quality. FYI a friend of mine who have just bought an original DSTT broke Two DSlite with it.

Cheap? Flashcard are not top of the end electronic device, how much do you thing they cost when they came out of the manufacture? Now there's a big market for the team and the cheaper will sell better that's all.

Let's wait for a official review and then judge.

I know the reason why I feel like it won't be any good is that they stole the R4 design _and_ the R4 name. If they are to be a reputable manufacturer they should have the balls to make a cart that isn't named to mislead users into thinking it is
the R4. They just choose to keep using it because of the infamous name that the media/Nintendo targeted.

As for YSMenu, sure you could do that but official support would be nice instead of releasing the product and leaving it up to a homebrew coder to support the cart.

All flash carts are not built in the same place... I will give you that a small number of carts are/were but definitely not all. If they were then there would be no reason to not go the cheap route and have them all use the same or similar menu/loader and would be no reason to have encrypted firmware, etc.

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Jon eBegood, from what one reads this R4i is just a product from an ex-R4 plant going rogue. Trashtalking it is justified, because either it is just a clone and the people behind it don't really have the knowledge to support it behind coming Nintendo DSi protections, or, worse, M3/R4 is behind it and they're just making a quick buck by beating a dead horse and won't support it in the future.

Anyway, IMHO this is a fraud, people just shouldn't buy this.

EDIT:
Yay, five minutes too late... if I saw crackers post earlier I wouldn't have posted that.

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ChaosBoi said:
Things like this makes me wish someone would pursue an exploit for the SD slot already (If they haven't), assuming if you can access it from the main menu of the DSi.

Yea that would be cool...

GameSoul

youtube.com/variantdevil
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
ChaosBoi said:

Yea that would be cool...

It's very possible to happen, but no one would want to get their hands dirty by creating a hole for pirates to climb through. It's a slim chance it could get around, but this is the internetz.

Jon eBegood

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
users.skynet.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Cracker: If Nin put them out of Bizness (i don't know if it true) you will never see any official update but that can happen for every team.

Cracker and enarky: If the R4i come from an ex-R4 why is it a problem if they took the design back? They use the name to sell and that's not a problem for me if the product work.

All the "i" card that came out these days are just old card hacked to work on DSi but not DSi designed, like the first DS card where just GBA card that needed trick to play NDS rom. They all are under the hammer of a nin firmware update that blocks them.

enarky said:
Anyway, IMHO this is a fraud, people just shouldn't buy this.

I presume that your are using you flashcard only for homebrew and not to "fraud game companies"
smile.gif

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
r4 is the flashcart father so many will claim it's title and fame and incorporate it with themselves thus u have new users going for it... but still u can't say it's bad, it's good but not as good as cyclo (and the extremely underrated supercard DS --- PPL THIS IS A GREAT FLASHCART)

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
How is R4 the "flashcardfather"? Neither were M3 products the first DS flashcards, nor was R4/M3 Simply the first Slot-1 card or even the first that didn't need patching and had NoPass functionality. Where does this weird claim come from? I've read it several times during the last few weeks.

Joey R.

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shakirmoledina said:
r4 is the flashcart father so many will claim it's title and fame and incorporate it with themselves thus u have new users going for it... but still u can't say it's bad, it's good but not as good as cyclo (and the extremely underrated supercard DS --- PPL THIS IS A GREAT FLASHCART)

LOL, at all. There were MANY flashcarts before the R4, especially the slot-2 cards like the M3 Perfect, EZ Flash IV or the SuperCard mini/SD. The M3 Perfect was a beast of a flashcart. The R4 is just the most popular. It's not the best, nor the first... it's just known to the public. And that's why companies like this one try to exploit as much as they can the name. But the father (or mother) of all the flashcarts? Don't make me laugh.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1