Hacking R4i Gold YSMenu

Areee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, first off I would like to say that im sorry if this is in the wrong forum or if there alredy is a topic like this. I have been searching for it sometime now and I couldnt find any so i decided to ask myself.

Ok, so here is the problem. I got an R4i Gold (http://www.r4igold.cn/). And i want YSMenu to work on it, so I have been following alot of guides now for how to get YSMenu to work. When I then open a game from YSMenu I get this an error that says that "ttpatch.bat" is missing. I dont know why this happen, it's always exactly the same error, doesnt matter which guide I use.

Is this me doing something wrong or is it just so that you cant YSMenu on the R4i Gold from r4igold.cn? Is R4i Gold even a R4 clone? If it isnt then what clone is it?

Thanks, help would be really appriciated.

mediabob

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I just helped a friend with a card that runs the exact same firmware as that card. His card turned out to be a DSST clone, so yours should be to. The R4iGold firmware ran perfectly on his card so I am sure they are the same cards (they ARE made by the same team).

First, do this:

Go HERE and download the DSTT kernal (fake killer disabled) 1.17a02
Format your SD card
Copy the DSTT firmware to the ROOT of your card
Rename TTMENU.DAT to iLL.iL (you may have to set windows to view file extensions to do this)

So it your card root you have iLL.iL, TTMENU.SYS and the TTMenu folder.

Put Your SD card in your R4i Gold, put it in your DS and fire it up, it should boot just fine to the DSTT menu. If all went fine with no problems your good to go.

INSTALL YSMENU

Go HERE, hit CTRL+F and search for T_T
Scroll down a little more and find 2009/03/27 00:00?EZ3in1+ NOR - Download that file. It will be YSMenu0903270000.zip

Unzip the YSMenu0903270000 archive. You will have these files:

YSMenu.nds
ttextract.exe
YSMenu.ini

YSMenu.txt
YSMenu_eng.txt

Create a folder on your desktop, name it whatever you want. On your flashcard SD card, rename iLL.iL BACK to TTMENU.DAT
Copy TTMENU.DAT from your SD card to the new folder on your desktop.

Copy the ttextract.exe file from the YSMENU archive to the folder on your desktop.
Double click the ttextract.exe and it will create two new files.

ttdldi.dat
ttpatch.dat

Copy both the above files into the TTMenu folder on your SD card.
Copy the YSMenu.ini file from the YSMenu archiveinto the TTMenu folder on your SD card.
Open YSMenu.ini, and close to the top find: LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
Change it to read: LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG (or choose one of the other languages listed below that line)
Rename the l TTMENU.DAT file on the root of SD card to TTMENU.nds
Rename the YSMenu.nds found in the YSMENU Archive to iLL.iL and copy it to the root of your SD card.

You should now be ready to go! Put your SD card back in your R4i Gold, put it back in your DS again and it should boot in to YSMenu.
As a bonus you can still use the official DSTT menu by running TTMENU.nds.

Good luck!

luizlha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have the exact same flashcart, with kernel provided v1.14b.

First of all the with the dstt kernel, doesn't have the ttmenu.sys file. I did the first steps as you said so, but didn't work for me white screen when boot the flashcard.

Arees, which kernel version your flashcart came with?

Thanks....

natho221

Trophies
XP
Country
mediabob said:
Hi, I just helped a friend with a card that runs the exact same firmware as that card. His card turned out to be a DSST clone, so yours should be to. The R4iGold firmware ran perfectly on his card so I am sure they are the same cards (they ARE made by the same team).

First, do this:

Go HERE and download the DSTT kernal (fake killer disabled) 1.17a02
Format your SD card
Copy the DSTT firmware to the ROOT of your card
Rename TTMENU.DAT to iLL.iL (you may have to set windows to view file extensions to do this)

So it your card root you have iLL.iL, TTMENU.SYS and the TTMenu folder.

Put Your SD card in your R4i Gold, put it in your DS and fire it up, it should boot just fine to the DSTT menu. If all went fine with no problems your good to go.

INSTALL YSMENU

Go HERE, hit CTRL+F and search for T_T
Scroll down a little more and find 2009/03/27 00:00?EZ3in1+ NOR - Download that file. It will be YSMenu0903270000.zip

Unzip the YSMenu0903270000 archive. You will have these files:

YSMenu.nds
ttextract.exe
YSMenu.ini

YSMenu.txt
YSMenu_eng.txt

Create a folder on your desktop, name it whatever you want. On your flashcard SD card, rename iLL.iL BACK to TTMENU.DAT
Copy TTMENU.DAT from your SD card to the new folder on your desktop.

Copy the ttextract.exe file from the YSMENU archive to the folder on your desktop.
Double click the ttextract.exe and it will create two new files.

ttdldi.dat
ttpatch.dat

Copy both the above files into the TTMenu folder on your SD card.
Copy the YSMenu.ini file from the YSMenu archiveinto the TTMenu folder on your SD card.
Open YSMenu.ini, and close to the top find: LITERALS=LITERALS_JPN
Change it to read: LITERALS=LITERALS_ENG (or choose one of the other languages listed below that line)
Rename the l TTMENU.DAT file on the root of SD card to TTMENU.nds
Rename the YSMenu.nds found in the YSMENU Archive to iLL.iL and copy it to the root of your SD card.

You should now be ready to go! Put your SD card back in your R4i Gold, put it back in your DS again and it should boot in to YSMenu.
As a bonus you can still use the official DSTT menu by running TTMENU.nds.

Good luck!
um i did the first step (i hav an r4i gold with v1.14b) and the screen was completely white.

TopSOUL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
QUOTE said:
um i did the first step (i hav an r4i gold with v1.14b) and the screen was completely white.

You might have an older card so rename TTMENU.DAT to R4i.dat instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, I think i'm one too